The club say....Nothing

1 minute ago, Stevebrucebarmyarmy said:

The silence is a killer even at monks press conference when he was announced as Manager  he was half asleep and had no interest ! He will let monk carry on regardless , we as fans deserve more than this at least come out and say something!

Glad it's not just me who picked up on this, he looked like he couldn't have cared less if he wanted to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Bruce who didnt join us for 2 months because he wanted to watch the cricket and then left pretty much straight away?

I'm not gonna slate Bruce for the 2 months off...We ALL understood why and defended it..what I would say to Bruce is....

"You threw that empathy straight back in our f.ookin' faces...and you can live with that?..what does that make you?"

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Mr Chansiri will soon be the proud owner of a league club, this is going to cost him millions if he doesn't wake up to the fact that everything he has  done (with the exception of appointing Bruce) is wrong and he needs a drastic change of advisor and manager to take this clubbing the right direction.

If not he needs to sell up because time is fast running out for him.

You’re selling DC short by not mentioning his finest hour.......CAKEBALL!!!!!

• Haha 5

I think DC mentioned a few times that his family was getting abused on social media when jos was manager since then he’s gone into a shell and we don’t hear a peep , I think he still as Wednesdays best interests at heart but now more than ever  a statement is required it’s a good job fans or banned as it would be more toxic than ever at Hillsborough and this would drive him further away, last thing we need as he has our club in his hands

• Like 1

I’m certainly no fan of Chansiri, but, sorry, I just don’t go along with this idea of criticising him for his silence.

What exactly would you like him to say - I suspect he’s feeling the pain as much, if not more, than each of us ? After all, it’s his money that is effectively getting flushed down the toilet.

Ive just looked on the websites of both Fulham and Wycombe Wanderers - two other clubs that aren’t doing particularly well at the moment - and, guess what, I don’t see any comments or communication from either of their chairman either.

Theres a lot to criticise DC for  - but I’m not convinced that criticising him for his lack of communication is a particularly valid stance.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OWLISH said:

What about CC and Brucie?

Half the folk on here still believe CC was a clown who bankrupted us and only had one good season.   I'm unsure whether its the 4th place or 6th place/Wembley season which doesn't count.

As for Brucie, he preferred watching cricket to Wednesday.  Wise man Brucie.  Not surprised he's now in the Prem.  I also think cricket is preferable.  

1 hour ago, Stevebrucebarmyarmy said:

The silence is a killer even at monks press conference when he was announced as Manager  he was half asleep and had no interest ! He will let monk carry on regardless , we as fans deserve more than this at least come out and say something!

yes will never forget how fed up and uninterested DC looked when announcing Monk. 

• Like 2

Maybe it will actually be a blessing to get relegated. Chansiri might finally decide he's had enough and sell up.

I'm sick of the meandering rudderless state we are in. Never even hear from the owner anymore, who thinks it's ok not to care about a club which thousands of fans do.

God knows what results it will actually take to get a change of manager now. We saw it before how long it takes before he acts.

I just want a change. Get out of our club DC and sell up to someone who cares. At least give us some friggin idea what's going on! 

If we had kept Milan I wonder where we would be now. May not have had the money to spend but we'd be a hell of a lot better managed top to bottom- I can't for a second imagine it would be worse off than we are now. Unforunately despite saying he wanted to make sure we were in good hands, he was clearly wrong and we're suffering for that choice.

Edited by swfc-dan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

I’m certainly no fan of Chansiri, but, sorry, I just don’t go along with this idea of criticising him for his silence.

What exactly would you like him to say - I suspect he’s feeling the pain as much, if not more, than each of us ? After all, it’s his money that is effectively getting flushed down the toilet.

Ive just looked on the websites of both Fulham and Wycombe Wanderers - two other clubs that aren’t doing particularly well at the moment - and, guess what, I don’t see any comments or communication from either of their chairman either.

Theres a lot to criticise DC for  - but I’m not convinced that criticising him for his lack of communication is a particularly valid stance.

I don't think one glance on rival sites tells you much do you? We haven't heard from Chansiri in an eternity! Do you think any other championship club hasn't heard from their owner in such a long time?

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

DC can only make a statement when he's made a decision about the way forward.

How many of us want him to give Monk a vote of confidence?!?! 

Thus he has to be sure if the way forward when a change is made.

As I see it he needs to be on the phone to Paul Cook ( DC Seems to have bought his best players from Wigan for Monk already in Dunkly and Windass), Nigel Pearson or Gary Megson.

I'm sure if DC wanted to tell GM tomorrow what he really feels about the progress following the appointment of Monks new coaching staff and players, he could rely on Lee Bullen to pick a team with more chance of getting a result against Wycombe at the weekend.

Quite frankly I'm sick to the back teeth of Wednesday horror stories at Halloween. It seems like we've had 25 years of it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Hopefully, DC is in the process of selling the club, hence why no vote of confidence, and the new owners want to bring in there own manager.

Maybe this is wishful thinking.

Unless he’s throwing in the ‘£60million’ stadium in for free to sweeten the deal, I’m not sure how we’re actually buyable to be honest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pussface said:

Unless he’s throwing in the ‘£60million’ stadium in for free to sweeten the deal, I’m not sure how we’re actually buyable to be honest.

Hardly a sellers market, not withstanding the fact he'd be selling Monk's Sheffield Wednesday, with a 12 point deduction...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Half the folk on here still believe CC was a clown who bankrupted us and only had one good season.   I'm unsure whether its the 4th place or 6th place/Wembley season which doesn't count.

As for Brucie, he preferred watching cricket to Wednesday.  Wise man Brucie.  Not surprised he's now in the Prem.  I also think cricket is preferable.  

Taking the pish?

That was two very expensive days out in London, I really hope the owner doesn’t try something dodgy with the accounts as a result which could result in a points deduction or something.

It is utterly bizarre that he's not said a word publicly about our -12 deduction, or anything at all heading into this season.

He's invested somewhat this season on new backroom staff, new players including fees... but he's given up the love of the club, and no-one is there nudging him to do or say anything - and he knows he can happily hide from fans nowadays too.

I don't have a problem with him being our owner whatsoever, but I can't believe he hasn't thought to change the way he operates the club. 

Just now, davey_wells said:

It is utterly bizarre that he's not said a word publicly about our -12 deduction, or anything at all heading into this season.

the club issued a statement on the decision and until the appeal is  sorted one way or the other what  more can they can say .......... 

• Like 3