It is time

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

TBH I think the mid table comment was more about prompting a response, which he's got.

To be honest, I think it was more about telling a blatant lie.

How come only me seems to have checked out Cooks playing and managerial record on Wiki?

He's played 643 matches, mainly at big clubs like Norwich Burnley and Wolves. And Coventry when they were in the Prem. 

He's managed Sligo into Europe.  And taken Pompey Chesterfield and Wigan to Championship wins. 

And he's still relatively young. It's only about 15 years ago I remember him winning Burnley a match at Hillsborough with a late pen.  

He's from Liverpool, a city with a similar population to Sheffield so he knows the potential here.

To me, it's a no brainer.   I'd be on the phone to him today. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

To be honest, I think it was more about telling a blatant lie.

How come only me seems to have checked out Cooks playing and managerial record on Wiki?

He's played 643 matches, mainly at big clubs like Norwich Burnley and Wolves. And Coventry when they were in the Prem. 

He's managed Sligo into Europe.  And taken Pompey Chesterfield and Wigan to Championship wins. 

And he's still relatively young. It's only about 15 years ago I remember him winning Burnley a match at Hillsborough with a late pen.  

He's from Liverpool, a city with a similar population to Sheffield so he knows the potential here.

To me, it's a no brainer.   I'd be on the phone to him today. 

Wasn't @@owlstalk just referring to him never finishing higher than 12th in the championship. Think he was.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jim said:

You honestly think that stat won’t change come the end of the season?  First thing he has to do is drop Dawson. But he’ll be the first name on the team sheet on Saturday because to drop him, he’ll be admitting he was in the wrong and he’ll never do that. He’s too arrogant and stubborn.

I think it’s 4 wins in 17 games since he reverted to 3-5-2. 15 points from a possible 51 and still no win at home. Anyone else would’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not working.

You also bang on about him keeping Birmingham up when they had a deduction. He was still 3 or 4 points ahead of the bottom 3, 2 at the worst? He’s started 12 points behind the rest this season. We’re almost a quarter of the way through this season and we’re still 9 points off and just lost 3 on the spin for the 2nd or 3rd time under Monk but yes, you keep thinking he’s the man for the job and I’ll keep thinking he isn’t. Opinions, everyone’s entitled to them.

Just a correction I think it’s 16 points from 51. I think since lockdown in the championship it’s P17 W4 D4 L9 F17 A27 Pts 16?

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think if you want to progress as a football club you don't employ a manager who's never finished higher than mid-table then expect him to get you promoted

We don't need him to get us promoted. We need him to stop us going down and then stabilize us. Promotion isn't even a discussion point

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think when people look at a manager who had never finished higher than Mid-Table at his absolute peak and absolute best, that finished mid-table was his own world record, and then say 'Yeah he can just do that for us' are naive beyond belief

I ask you one question, what was Chris Wilders highest ever finish before he was hired by the other lot? And where is he now?

Paul cook is cut from the same cloth as him. An honest bloke who's teams play good football. He was on sky sports yesterday and the guy just oozes positivity. Which is a damn site more than what that clown we have in charge gives us at the moment. Wigan battered us twice at their place under him and he's also used to inspiring a team that's had points deduction. He did it far better than Monk did at Birmingham. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think if you want to progress as a football club you don't employ a manager who's never finished higher than mid-table then expect him to get you promoted

I’m not making an argument for Cook, but what if Utd had thought similarly about Wilder

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

We don't need him to get us promoted. We need him to stop us going down and then stabilize us. Promotion isn't even a discussion point

Yeah cos if we DID stay up and he then ‘stabilised’ us in mid table no fans would be screaming for him to be sacked for not getting top six etc 

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

United employed a manager who had not managed above league one. Look what league they are in now 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah cos if we DID stay up and he then ‘stabilised’ us in mid table no fans would be screaming for him to be sacked for not getting top six etc 

And thats the point you look for a manager who can do the next stage.

We are miles away from that

We are in a terrible position and at risk of falling so low we cant get back up. We need to act now

Yes its short term thinking but in a time of crisis thats sometimes what you need

• Like 2
  • Love 1