It is time

Monk isnt the problem at S6, look higher up,..yes the manager looks tired to me,and has the same fed up & exasperated  look  he had last Year,when i believe he was so allegedly ****ed off with the antics of certain players,he didn't in my view allegedly care if he was removed.

He isnt on the pitch,making some of the schoolboy errors we have seen(again!!)..& so on......Still time for him to turn this around,but as the OP stated,just too many issues backing up now,making it start to look a massive mountain to climb.

SWFC are my Club,and i will always support them,come what may,but this whole saga is putting me off football in general.....

Soooooo   sick now of the same old,same old.....................IF spectators are ever allowed back into grounds I think the football i will pay to watch,will be one of our local non League teams.(you can go still now,in small numbers)

• Like 1

For some reason this club is a graveyard for managers.

Jewell was a good young manager, was never the same after his short spell here.

Turner struggled to get jobs after his time here. He went into the administration side of the game.

Megson and Jones have hardly worked since leaving here.

When Monk’s time here does come to an end, I think he’ll find himself out of work for at least a year maybe two and might end up starting again abroad? His last two jobs have seen 30% win rates. He’s hardly on an upward curve.

As for the next boss, I think Cook will be favourite but I could see Lage being a candidate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Garry Monk handed the gig at Swansea after Laudrup built a quality team and getting them to a cup final and into Europe-monk sacked less than a year later due to poor results 

Garry Monk appointed Leeds manager, sacked after one season 

Need 2 wins from the last 10 games to get a playoff place, failed to get in the playoffs

Garry Monk, appointed Middlesbrough manager, has one the highest budgets in the league, signs overpayed wasters, finished up midtable 

Garry Monk appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager, took a team from 3rd last season to a team that currently has 6 wins in nearly a full year, the worst home record since the 1970s and a ppg record only worse than 2 managers ever 

Yet, Paul Cook is deemed a failure for Wigan chairman getting them relegated, had they not got the 12 point punishment they'd had finished above Wednesday, who again was 3rd at Christmas. 

Without going through the whole GM history again,Monk wasnt sacked at Leeds(as an example) was offered a further contract,but choose to leave....

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Errol Flashman said:

I don't know owt about the financial side of things so this is a genuine question. Can  we even afford to sack Monk and give him a pay off and pay for a new gaffer? 

If you mean P&S, I don't think managers ect. pay counts towards that. If you mean if chansiri has got the money, well I guess you could try asking the golden Elephants.lol

13 minutes ago, thatladfromchap said:

Paul Cook would not want this job. Monk was probably the only one that did, thats why we have him.

No choice but to fasten your seatbelts lads. Scream if you wanna go faster..

I think he would. Gary Rowett and McCarthy seemed keen. Also the Cowley brothers supposedly had interest. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Avoid the 'big names', and look towards the lower or even non-league clubs for a younger man tryijng to make a name for himself, who knows how to manage men.

I wouldn't mind that if we got relegated, but we need a manager who has experience ect. in this league and try and stay up first, then try and build from that.

Agree totally with Snooty, I gave him the benefit of doubt due to not having his own team of coaches.  But it is no better so time to go while we have enough season to get someone in to get us up the table . If the supporters had been in the ground he would have been gone 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Garry Monk handed the gig at Swansea after Laudrup built a quality team and getting them to a cup final and into Europe-monk sacked less than a year later due to poor results 

Garry Monk appointed Leeds manager, sacked after one season 

Need 2 wins from the last 10 games to get a playoff place, failed to get in the playoffs

Garry Monk, appointed Middlesbrough manager, has one the highest budgets in the league, signs overpayed wasters, finished up midtable 

Garry Monk appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager, took a team from 3rd last season to a team that currently has 6 wins in nearly a full year, the worst home record since the 1970s and a ppg record only worse than 2 managers ever 

Yet, Paul Cook is deemed a failure for Wigan chairman getting them relegated, had they not got the 12 point punishment they'd had finished above Wednesday, who again was 3rd at Christmas. 

Just why can't DC see this, I really do wonder if he is bothered anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I looked at manager and coaches on Wednesday night. It so reminded of Jo’s. Nobody giving instructions. Nobody looking even interested. They may as well have ordered a bloody Chinese for all the impact they were having

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I looked at manager and coaches on Wednesday night. It so reminded of Jo’s. Nobody giving instructions. Nobody looking even interested. They may as well have ordered a bloody Chinese for all the impact they were having

Jos wound me up doing that. Monk kinda does the same. From what I've seen this season Andrew Hughes and Neil Thompson have been more "animated" ect. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

For some reason this club is a graveyard for managers.

Jewell was a good young manager, was never the same after his short spell here.

Turner struggled to get jobs after his time here. He went into the administration side of the game.

Megson and Jones have hardly worked since leaving here.

When Monk’s time here does come to an end, I think he’ll find himself out of work for at least a year maybe two and might end up starting again abroad? His last two jobs have seen 30% win rates. He’s hardly on an upward curve.

As for the next boss, I think Cook will be favourite but I could see Lage being a candidate.

More to do with us appointing shiite.

Add Yorath, Shreeves, Clown, and Jos to that list.

3 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

My biggest footballing fear is that nothing changes and we are embarrassed week in week out again while monk remains in charge.

Just have to hope, that if nothing is done. That no change is made. That we can somehow get back to the sort of levels we showed against Birmingham.  I had hoped that that might be the beginnings of something. The shoots of recovery. Of something...

But I fear it was a fluke. An anomaly. 

Even now. Even now I hope I'm wrong and that we can click against Wycombe. But I'm worrying.

And I am not normally a worrier. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Just have to hope, that if nothing is done. That no change is made. That we can somehow get back to the sort of levels we showed against Birmingham.  I had hoped that that might be the beginnings of something. The shoots of recovery. Of something...

But I fear it was a fluke. An anomaly. 

Even now. Even now I hope I'm wrong and that we can click against Wycombe. But I'm worrying.

And I am not normally a worrier. 

Yep. The problem is that throughout this year we’ve had those anomalies - Bristol city away, qpr away. We’ve looked great in those games. I just have no faith that monk can get us playing consistently. There is no evidence for this and I don’t think he would still be in charge if it was any other championship club.

• Thanks 1

On 29/10/2020 at 09:20, @owlstalk said:

So get Cook, ask him to hit his own personal world record of a mid table finish, then sack him and find someone else?

Do you think he'd come under those conditions?

Are you such a good judge of managers?

• Love 1

8 hours ago, parajack said:

Without going through the whole GM history again,Monk wasnt sacked at Leeds(as an example) was offered a further contract,but choose to leave....

maybe so but that didn't stop the ex owner from wanting the same justice as middlesborough or Brum  allegedly 

Edited by trevdi9