Where do you start?

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He got one right in Bruce he must be due another 

trouble is we don't know who apart from Hughton turned us down before Monk. At the moment there aren't too many good options, and then from those options who would come in and take it on. It's flying like a lead balloon on and off the pitch

Just now, Glenn59 said:

he has made a number of major gaffes, the 150 anniversary was a joke, hardly ever have a shirt ready for the season, the absolute shambles over the ground sale. He has a lot to answer for, yet has not been heard of in 2020 regarding footballing matters

Agree but not sure a few shirts and a cake ball are the problem. What concerns me is a manager who plays 3 at the back even when he doesn’t have the right players for it. A manager who doesn’t pick a top quality keeper who twice equalled our record clean sheets tally in our 153 year history. A manager who has the worst home record in our history.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Glenn59 said:

trouble is we don't know who apart from Hughton turned us down before Monk. At the moment there aren't too many good options, and then from those options who would come in and take it on. It's flying like a lead balloon on and off the pitch

Your right but getting monk out is key we can’t rebuild until he is gone 

13 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Get rid of Monk. Promote Beattie if we have to. 

I would bet that Beattie has different ideas, despite working under Monk. Often happens. 

This is the most likely scenario if we sack Monk. 

Monk should have been sacked at the end of last season but DC has put himself in a tough position now by appointing Monk’s men in August.

DC has 4 options as I see it:

- Carry on as we are

- Sack Monk and give it to Beattie

- Sack Monk, appoint a new man but tell him he has to work with Beattie, Flahavan and Hughes.

- Sack all 4 of them,  pay out all their contracts. Appoint a new man and new back room

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slow83 said:

Agree but not sure a few shirts and a cake ball are the problem. What concerns me is a manager who plays 3 at the back even when he doesn’t have the right players for it. A manager who doesn’t pick a top quality keeper who twice equalled our record clean sheets tally in our 153 year history. A manager who has the worst home record in our history.

there are clearly issues behind the scenes with Westwood, not just with Monk. I thought one of the lower PL clubs would have snapped him up in the summer as 3rd choice., must be a reason why? Maybe the club won't put money into a new keeper til he's off the wage bill? Just speculating but there must be valid reasons for a lot of things. Maybe we went after a keeper but got knocked back? We don't know how many players turned the club down with the -12

5 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

there are clearly issues behind the scenes with Westwood, not just with Monk. I thought one of the lower PL clubs would have snapped him up in the summer as 3rd choice., must be a reason why? Maybe the club won't put money into a new keeper til he's off the wage bill? Just speculating but there must be valid reasons for a lot of things. Maybe we went after a keeper but got knocked back? We don't know how many players turned the club down with the -12

All 3 of my points were valid before the -12 was imposed, if you were to read them again. 

1 minute ago, slow83 said:

All 3 of my points were valid before the -12 was imposed, if you were to read them again. 

maybe he's been told not to pick him by DC. Trouble is there are so many things behind closed doors there that just leave fans baffled

2 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Relatively speaking, they'll be peanuts to pay off.

Even if they’re only on 1 year deals we’re probably looking at around 750k to pay them off and then there’s the cost of replacing them.

I wouldn’t call it peanuts in today’s football world where there’s no match day revenue coming in

For me, it needs to be a very experienced head that has very little to lose, given our situation.

Personally, and I said it before Monk arrived, I'd get Ian Holloway over ASAP.  I dont care about his current status at Grimsby - this is a man who would galvanise us in this situation and someone the players would warm to very quickly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Monk should have been sacked at the end of last season but DC has put himself in a tough position now by appointing Monk’s men in August.

- Carry on as we are

- Sack Monk, appoint a new man but tell him he has to work with Beattie, Flahavan and Hughes.

- Sack all 4 of them,  pay out all their contracts. Appoint a new man and new back room

has to be the 4th option for me. Be ridiculous to get a new manager in and tell them to work with the old managers coaches. As if we would be stupid enough to do that sort of thing :duntmatter: we can’t carry on as we are and giving it to Beattie would be crazy in the situation we are in. I’m pleased you didn’t list giving it to Bullen as an option! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Unless we get very, very lucky, changing manager will have minimal impact. We need a completely fresh start at every level from owner, to boardroom, manager and coaching staff, all the way through the playing staff. 

It's just not going to happen, sorry.

Control the controllable things - the manager needs to go, ASAP.

The players are good enough - bloody inconsistent - but certainly good enough to stay up.

5 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

For me, it needs to be a very experienced head that has very little to lose, given our situation.

Personally, and I said it before Monk arrived, I'd get Ian Holloway over ASAP.  I dont care about his current status at Grimsby - this is a man who would galvanise us in this situation and someone the players would warm to very quickly.

Not exactly doing a great job at Grimsby. He seems more interested in cleaning the town up than the football side of things at Grimsby! I agree though that we need an old head, a Bruce/Warnock type. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, davey_wells said:

It's just not going to happen, sorry.

Control the controllable things - the manager needs to go, ASAP.

The players are good enough - bloody inconsistent - but certainly good enough to stay up.

I agree it’s not going to happen. As such, I’m fearful for our prospects not just for this season but the next few years. 

3 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

wouldn't be the worst option by far. But problem then comes back to the owner. The club will stand or fall simply on his decision making. We don't have a board of directors any more. And as history has shown, he's not a footballing man, he needs a very good DoF but the way he micro manages everything and has last say on all matters a DoF might not stay too long

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

- Carry on as we are

latter  as all the rest have a hand in Monks reign of terror  lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glenn59 said:

wouldn't be the worst option by far. But problem then comes back to the owner. The club will stand or fall simply on his decision making. We don't have a board of directors any more. And as history has shown, he's not a footballing man, he needs a very good DoF but the way he micro manages everything and has last say on all matters a DoF might not stay too long

Exactly why we need a very experienced manager who also acts as a DoF by default - much like Steve Bruce did. Someone who will reassure DC that he has things in hand.

We're way off attracting the level of Bruce etc... hence going with a Holloway.

• Like 1