Where do you start?

1 minute ago, Jim said:

We’ve won 1 game in two years when Dawson and Pelupessy start in the same eleven but this 🤡 continues to persist with them. You continue to pick sh!t players, you continue to get sh!t performances and results. These two start again on Saturday then he either doesn’t know what he’s doing or he his literally sticking two fingers up at the fan base. Personally I think it’s a bit of both TBH?

I think at the moment for all of his faults Dawson is left badly exposed by those in front of him

It always baffles me how managers get paid off when they're sacked. 

If I was was this bad at my job I'd be sacked with no further pay. Should be written into contracts that if you're sacked due to being incompetent then you don't get paid off, but if its just cos the boss wants someone new then fair enough. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Someone will take the job

Its a job, it pays money

There is a better option than this

Not any of my money it doesn't. If you were as unfortunate as me to take the early bird. I suggest you start by contacting your bank/credit card and asking them to refund you. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for last season and I'm not going to get the £300+ I've already pumped in merchandise and kits etc. just this season. But it stops now. Chansiri has made it clear that the fans don't make the bulk of the contribution up, so guess what, I'm not contributing any more. Monk out, Chansiri out. No more money from me until this happens!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Glenn59 said:

well we had a great first year under Carlos, second year we sort of made the play offs by default, every other team was poor after new year. We also went defensive second year which didn't suit. Third season was a disaster. The money grabbers we have only just offloaded were Carlos signings. Bruce showed either zero loyalty to Chansiri by going for the Newcastle job, or he could see that the club wasn't being run well. Financial matters have proven this, hence -12

6th under Carlos 74 points

4th under Carlos 81 points

Bruce came in February and with 3 or 4 games to go we were on the edge of the playoff again.

All this after 20 years of absolute despair,  Dejphon Chansiri is by no means the best owner, but he is only the problem if he doesn’t act. Those claiming he is need to have a good honest look at themselves and ask did they say all this when we were winning?! No, no they didn’t.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

Carlos was a show pony and Chansiri fell for it. You wonder what possible financial mess Carlos could have got us into in the PL. Bruce, maybe he saw how the club was run and saw an easy exit? We shall never know

Bruce saw the sh!tstorm brewing before he left, the fact his boyhood heroes came calling was his golden first class ticket out of here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Bruce saw the sh!tstorm brewing before he left, the fact his boyhood heroes came calling was his golden first class ticket out of here.

well he went chasing the job rather than them come for him, which says a lot about how we are run

4 minutes ago, slow83 said:

6th under Carlos 74 points

4th under Carlos 81 points

Bruce came in February and with 3 or 4 games to go we were on the edge of the playoff again.

All this after 20 years of absolute despair,  Dejphon Chansiri is by no means the best owner, but he is only the problem if he doesn’t act. Those claiming he is need to have a good honest look at themselves and ask did they say all this when we were winning?! No, no they didn’t.

that second season under Carlos the football was not great, defensive minded, under Bruce we fell apart after the Villa game

This club isn’t built for success, it never has been 

It is amateur from top to bottom 

There aren’t any winners in the dressing room or behind the scenes 

And we are too far gone for anyone of that description to come in and make a change 

Comedy club who will yo-yo between championship and league 1/2 for an eternity 

22 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

Really thought we had signs of a decent rebuilding this season. Clearly not. Think like most Owls fans I cannot see where we go next to turn this around.

The owner has isolated for 2020 in his hollowed out volcano after his cooking the books got burnt.

The manager, I defended saying he needed time, I give up now.

Players, well not one fit to wear the shirt tonight, Not an effort on goal and lucky to keep it to three.

Dawson has his faults but I'm more concerned about the lack of a decent defence in front of him. Yes injuries but we can't keep anything out.

Borner looking like a Sunday league player this season.

Bannan frustrating, spins round more than a ballet dancer, blind passes playing others into trouble, crosses woeful too.

Midfield.....what midfield.

Strikers, no service at all apart from long hoofs down the pitch.

Clearly if Monk goes who comes in that would take on this shitestorm of a club? Pearson...won't touch it, Cook, how do we know he'd want it. So we'd have hapless Bullen for a few defeats [U-23's not doing much] or crap like the Cowleys. It was pretty obvious when Hughton didn't want to know something was amiss. Seems like Monk was the only one who'd take it on. So you have to look again at the owner.

2020....the year that keeps on giving

I played football from 9 yo to 31. I was ok and I played with ok players.

Late 20s I joined a team considerably below my ability. I found myself getting desperately frustrated. I’d nick a tackle, look around expecting mates to pick up the loose ball.....nothing. 

I’d break forward, find a man, who would lose the ball and back we would go.

1000 x better than me, thats Bannan this season. He is surrounded by poor players. Mark my words, he’ll get a red these next few games, lashing out in increasing frustration.

As for no service to strikers - first 25 the ball fell to Marriott once and Harris twice. Marriott was useless and a Harris was on his left foot thanks to our incomprehensible stupid manager. 

• Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

And we are too far gone for anyone of that description to come in and make a change 

Certainly no one going to pay the DC asking price, Rolls Royce money for a rusty Renault

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

The winners were labelled ‘bad uns’ on here by people who pretend to know that stuff happened but won’t say what.

• Like 2

Just now, slow83 said:

Agree but was that the Chairman’s fault too?

he has made a number of major gaffes, the 150 anniversary was a joke, hardly ever have a shirt ready for the season, the absolute shambles over the ground sale. He has a lot to answer for, yet has not been heard of in 2020 regarding footballing matters