The CAMERON DAWSON thread

Not sure how i brought myself to do so, but I watched the ‘highlights’ this morning. Dawson can consider himself lucky that they didn’t have a fourth. 

There just seems to be such a lack of communication. The defenders must have such little confidence in him. Anyone that knows football, or played as a defender at any level, will know that the relationship between a goalkeeper and his back 4 (3 in our case) is crucial in building a solid foundation. The amount of times dawson comes for the ball and never gets it is mad. 

• Like 2

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 09.59.02.jpg

SHOT FROM DISTANCE

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 09.59.25.jpg

DAWSON GOES DOWN (Important Note - no body behind the ball in case it goes through his hands) AND GETS BOTH HANDS TO IT

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.00.12.jpg

DAWSON PUSHES THE BALL STRAIGHT OUT TO THE PENALTY SPOT, PLAYER JUST SHOOTS STRAIGHT AT THE MIDDLE OF THE NET, DAWSON DOESN'T EVEN SAVE THAT EVEN THOUGH IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO HIM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Tidman aside I must say he’s the worst keeper I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt in my 25 years of watching us. 

Tidman is the only other Wednesday goalkeeper I've seen lobbed when they've been stood 3 yards from their own line (Swindon away).  He's now got company with Dawson.

Dawson is to blame for all three goals against Rotherham, including the penalty.  

The third goal is a bog standard Dawson error that gets pointed out time and time again; stopping a shot and placing it right back in the danger zone.   Look at Brentford's goal, their striker ran for the rebound because they know it's coming.  One chance becomes two chances for the opposition.

• Like 1

This one is even worse (incredibly)

This alone should see Dawson dropped forever from our first team....

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.26.19.jpg

Rotherham cross the ball in from the left hand side with a fast paced, whipped in cross (great cross actually!)

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.26.29.jpg

Ball comes across to the Rotherham player running in (unmarked) on the six yard area

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.26.37.jpg

Rotherham player hits the ball at goal, and Dawson decides to drop his arms and SHOULDER it out

Yep

You read that right - he goes to shoulder the ball away....

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.26.51.jpg

But even worse..

After he's shouldered the ball it hits his shoulder and spins up in the air - at which point Dawson deecides to PUNCH THIN AIR

Yep - you read that correctly

The ball spins up into the air behind him and Dawson PUNCHES THE THIN AIR in FRONT OF HIM

Whilst the ball is BEHIND him

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.27.04.jpg

The ball then spins up into the air, Dawson panics and starts to chase it

Meanwhile the rest of the team are looking on in total disbelief

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.27.27.jpg

Eventually the ball lands  (thankfully) safely on the roof of the net

So what does Dawson do?

Yep - he JUMPS IN THE AIR

I mean

WTF?!?!?!?

WTAF?????

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 09.59.02.jpg

SHOT FROM DISTANCE

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 09.59.25.jpg

DAWSON GOES DOWN (Important Note - no body behind the ball in case it goes through his hands) AND GETS BOTH HANDS TO IT

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.00.12.jpg

DAWSON PUSHES THE BALL STRAIGHT OUT TO THE PENALTY SPOT, PLAYER JUST SHOOTS STRAIGHT AT THE MIDDLE OF THE NET, DAWSON DOESN'T EVEN SAVE THAT EVEN THOUGH IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO HIM

His ‘set’ position on the first image is horrendous.

Feet too far apart allowing his weight to force his knees in on themselves. Should be shoulder width apart with knees straight.

I have no clue what he’s doing with his arms. Again, should be shoulder width apart, slight flex in the elbow. 

He looks to be in his heels as well. 

Goalkeeping fundamentals. Not everyone does everything the same granted, if you’re not following the basics, what you’re doing better not be causing error after error.

• Like 1

So let’s assume that Monk stays in charge for Saturday.

It’s 2PM and we all look at the starting eleven and the first thing we are looking for is does Dawson start?

And straight away at 2PM the tone is set for Saturday’s game. If Dawson starts, the negativity begins, Monk’s a clueless to$$er etc. etc.

The first thing Ainsworth does is tell Akinfenwa to knock Dawson about at every opportunity. Balls into the box, shoot on sight, follow it in etc. Dawson starts on Sat and if I was the kitman I’d be putting a packet of pampers at the side of Dawson’s gloves.

It would be a terrible piece of management to pick a lad who’s head is completely fried. Every opposition side is seeing him as a weak link, his own supporters see him as a weak link, maybe even his own team mates? Jos almost destroyed him and Monk is not far away from doing the same?

If Monk is here for the foreseeable I expect Camp to be signed before Saturday. If he doesn’t sign then Monk has one foot out of the door?

It’s a real shame what’s happening but neither Dawson or Wildsmith are up to coping with the task this season and let’s be honest we all knew this but the man that matters didn’t and probably still doesn’t?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The point is you bring some in not shoe horn players into that role. 

And for the record I’d rather blood Penney in that role than play Reach or Harris. 

That’s the exact question I asked though.

Name any quality proven experienced WBs. 

I can’t think of any. I could name you plenty of wingers, plenty of full-backs, but honestly I can’t think of a single WB we could buy or loan.

I also think that it’s absolutely not shoe-horning. Harris is an excellent RWB, Reach is an excellent LWB. Trouble is, Monk doesn’t know his left from his right.

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Tidman is the only other Wednesday goalkeeper I've seen lobbed when they've been stood 3 yards from their own line (Swindon away).  He's now got company with Dawson.

Dawson is to blame for all three goals against Rotherham, including the penalty.  

The third goal is a bog standard Dawson error that gets pointed out time and time again; stopping a shot and placing it right back in the danger zone.   Look at Brentford's goal, their striker ran for the rebound because they know it's coming.  One chance becomes two chances for the opposition.

Dawson as been at fault for several goals recently...I’ve never seen a keeper push shots into the middle of his own penalty area as much as he does.

sadly he’s L2 at best. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jim said:

So let’s assume that Monk stays in charge for Saturday.

It’s 2PM and we all look at the starting eleven and the first thing we are looking for is does Dawson start?

And straight away at 2PM the tone is set for Saturday’s game. If Dawson starts, the negativity begins, Monk’s a clueless to$$er etc. etc.

The first thing Ainsworth does is tell Akinfenwa to knock Dawson about at every opportunity. Balls into the box, shoot on sight, follow it in etc. Dawson starts on Sat and if I was the kitman I’d be putting a packet of pampers at the side of Dawson’s gloves.

It would be a terrible piece of management to pick a lad who’s head is completely fried. Every opposition side is seeing him as a weak link, his own supporters see him as a weak link, maybe even his own team mates? Jos almost destroyed him and Monk is not far away from doing the same?

If Monk is here for the foreseeable I expect Camp to be signed before Saturday. If he doesn’t sign then Monk has one foot out of the door?

It’s a real shame what’s happening but neither Dawson or Wildsmith are up to coping with the task this season and let’s be honest we all knew this but the man that matters didn’t and probably still doesn’t?

Nailed it again there Jim

Both keepers aren't even U23 level in reality

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan

Surely the third goal, which is just a instep placed shot, is easily catch able. It wasn't hit with any power really, it was a good height for him and almost straight at him.....just catch the bloody thing.

He keeps goal like he's had his hands cut off and playing with stumps.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This one is even worse (incredibly)

This alone should see Dawson dropped forever from our first team....

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.26.19.jpg

Rotherham cross the ball in from the left hand side with a fast paced, whipped in cross (great cross actually!)

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.26.29.jpg

Ball comes across to the Rotherham player running in (unmarked) on the six yard area

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.26.37.jpg

Rotherham player hits the ball at goal, and Dawson decides to drop his arms and SHOULDER it out

Yep

You read that right - he goes to shoulder the ball away....

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.26.51.jpg

But even worse..

After he's shouldered the ball it hits his shoulder and spins up in the air - at which point Dawson deecides to PUNCH THIN AIR

Yep - you read that correctly

The ball spins up into the air behind him and Dawson PUNCHES THE THIN AIR in FRONT OF HIM

Whilst the ball is BEHIND him

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.27.04.jpg

The ball then spins up into the air, Dawson panics and starts to chase it

Meanwhile the rest of the team are looking on in total disbelief

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.27.27.jpg

Eventually the ball lands  (thankfully) safely on the roof of the net

So what does Dawson do?

Yep - he JUMPS IN THE AIR

I mean

WTF?!?!?!?

WTAF?????

Beggers belief how he became a pro with a lack of understanding like that.

Sad to say, that Dawson is nowhere near the required standard to play for Wednesday at the minute. We should’ve got a number one in and I’d have sent Dawson out on loan this season to a league 1 or 2 side to get some valuable experience.

He needs taking out of the team with immediate effect. I’m sure Wildsmith will come in and play a few good games then the inevitable mistakes. And the cycle goes again...

Although I do prefer Wildsmith as he is calmer and has a better awareness in his box. His main weaknesses is that dives over the ball and he is poor at dealing with shots from outside the box.