Suggest tactics for opening 10 seconds

After close pre-game analysis of Luton's style of play, here's waht we decided to go with last time out:

• ATTACKERS to sprint to close down their CB to force him to cut out two thirds of teh team
  • DEFENDER to put name on it and head the ball straight up in the air
  • DEFENDERS to clash heads so both miss second ball   
  • LAST DEFENDER to dive in nice and early leaving their striker to a one on one

Unorthodox but followed to the letter and it worked! They didnt score.

But Wycombe will have done their homework, so we will need to tweak a bit. Maybe this time the whole team could rush up past halfway and then appeal for offside?

Let's hear your thoughts below. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

When we have the kick off, actually keep it in play and not punt it straight out of touch for a throw would be a start.

This really annoys me. What is it supposed to achieve? Even if we won the decision it's not like we can actually take throw ins. 

I know we have Paterson now with a long throw, but is that really the best we can come up with. I'm not sure even non league clubs still deliberately boot it out of play for a long throw.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, striker said:

This really annoys me. What is it supposed to achieve? Even if we won the decision it's not like we can actually take throw ins. 

I know we have Paterson now with a long throw, but is that really the best we can come up with. I'm not sure even non league clubs still deliberately boot it out of play for a long throw.  

I wouldn't even call it a long throw. hardly gets it to the front post. Plus we've no idea how to actually use it. We had Flint hugging the post and it got no where near him.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Its obvious Monk knows we’re poo if he has us keep doing that. Petrified of the ball being near our goal 

He is, it's clear from the kickoff he's drilled it into them "don't make a mistake" causes them to just hoof it so they can't be blamed.

3 hours ago, agentwalker said:

When we have the kick off, actually keep it in play and not punt it straight out of touch for a throw would be a start.

Frustrates the hell out of me that does, simply giving possession away so easily allowing the opposition time to build. 

4 hours ago, OWLISH said:

After close pre-game analysis of Luton's style of play, here's waht we decided to go with last time out:

• ATTACKERS to sprint to close down their CB to force him to cut out two thirds of teh team
  • DEFENDER to put name on it and head the ball straight up in the air
  • DEFENDERS to clash heads so both miss second ball   
  • LAST DEFENDER to dive in nice and early leaving their striker to a one on one

Unorthodox but followed to the letter and it worked! They didnt score.

But Wycombe will have done their homework, so we will need to tweak a bit. Maybe this time the whole team could rush up past halfway and then appeal for offside?

Let's hear your thoughts below. 

If you pause the highlights at 8 seconds we outnumber their players 7 to 4, about 5 seconds later half our players are stood watching the ball, Dawsons doing a crab impression and Flint is heading the ball off the line ive never seen anything like it at the start of a match.

4 hours ago, agentwalker said:

This is a massive gripe and it isn’t just us that do it. Teams will do all they can to play out rol

the back all game yet from a kick off they are happy to just punt it out for a throw in as if they’re playing rugby union.