Wildsmith

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Surely has to start the next match. Dawson looks out of his depth at present. 

Was painful viewing Saturday. When their player turned Flint in the first few minutes Dawson’s failure to do anything was ridiculous. Time for change.

That chance right at the start of the game had me wanting to launch my Yoda bedroom slippers at my television

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

Part of me agrees, however both have weaknesses and cost us goals and points regularly.

Changing keepers is swapping one problem for another and may do more harm than good (by ruining confidence for example).

Until we get a new keeper we are going to keep having this issue and it would have been a priority for me this transfer window. 

People will say there were bigger priorities, but when you start on minus 12 you really cannot afford to give away cheap goals. 

Already I feel Dawson has cost us points. He was to blame for the first goal against Brentford and I thought he could have got down for the Luton goal on Saturday. 

Not good enough. 

• Like 4

Just now, Emilianenko said:

I was waiting for Dawson to dive on the ball, he had about ten minutes to get the ball before the shot. 

It was so strange

Even in real time it  seemed like slow motion

The ball went towards him and instead of just walking out and kicking it away he did a slow motion crab movement and didnt' go for the ball

I still  cant' believe it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Bigger Guns said:

Part of me agrees, however both have weaknesses and cost us goals and points regularly.

Changing keepers is swapping one problem for another and may do more harm than good (by ruining confidence for example).

Until we get a new keeper we are going to keep having this issue and it would have been a priority for me this transfer window. 

People will say there were bigger priorities, but when you start on minus 12 you really cannot afford to give away cheap goals. 

Already I feel Dawson has cost us points. He was to blame for the first goal against Brentford and I thought he could have got down for the Luton goal on Saturday. 

Not good enough. 

Agree with post. 

Here lies an issue with team selection as Westwood is our best keeper by miles and is very experienced. Its been done to death but its true. Westwood should start over both keepers. 

Same as we should have kept Hutch to fill in for Luongo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Agree with post. 

Here lies an issue with team selection as Westwood is our best keeper by miles and is very experienced. Its been done to death but its true. Westwood should start over both keepers. 

FFS

*walks over to drawers*

*opens top drawer*

*reaches inside*

*takes hold of the black box*

*pulls black box out of top drawer*

*carries black box over to kitchen table*

*takes off Yoda bedroom slippers*

*slowly opens black box*

*see's gun inside box*

*picks up gun*

*holds gun to head*

*weeps*

*says a silent goodbye to mum, dad, the kids, the arctic monkeys and that richard madeley off the telly*

*pulls trigger*

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

FFS

*walks over to drawers*

*opens top drawer*

*reaches inside*

*slowly opens black box*

*see's gun inside box*

*picks up gun*

*holds gun to head*

*weeps*

*says a silent goodbye to mum, dad, the kids, the arctic monkeys and that richard madeley off the telly*

*pulls trigger*

Not a Westwood fan then I take it? 

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

FFS

*walks over to drawers*

*opens top drawer*

*reaches inside*

*slowly opens black box*

*see's gun inside box*

*picks up gun*

*holds gun to head*

*weeps*

*pulls trigger*

To be fair Dawson could have done all this and still had time to get the ball.

• Haha 6

Just now, Emilianenko said:

To be fair Dawson could have done all this and still had time to get the ball.

He could have nipped to my house for a sit down, cup of tea, chat, and a look at my Yoda bedroom slippers and still got back in time to get the ball

Instead he chose to waddle along like he was doing an impression of a crab

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He could have nipped to my house for a sit down, cup of tea, chat, and a look at my Yoda bedroom slippers and still got back in time to get the ball

Instead he chose to waddle along like he was doing an impression of a crab

Yoda slippers 

are not cool. And you are not cool enough to wear Yoda slippers. That’s how not cool you are.

13 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Agree with post. 

Let’s not forget why Westwood was dropped in the first place though. He cost us about 5 points in a week due to a number of individual errors. 

I think we can get carried away at times in thinking whoever isn’t in the team is the answer.

That’s not to say I agree with freezing him out though. He should have been given the chance to win back his place, but I’m not sure it would have helped all that much. His best days are behind him.

Regarding Hutchinson, the mistake for me wasn’t letting him go, but not replacing him.

• Like 4
  • Love 1