Jump to content

Time running out for Sheffield Wednesday's under fire manager Garry Monk


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 


I don't know about that mate.


Your opinion on what would happen is speculation not real evidence of the views of the overall fan base.
 

I think the sports writer nailed it with this article and there's a silent majority who still support the team

 

 

You wrote it yourself, otherwise you would have told us where the article came from.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

I think the sports writer makes some valid points though


It's only the vocal anti-monk people who have voted Monk out


The majority of fans have been the silent majority throughout and remain supportive


The sports writer in the OP got it bang on I think mate

Credit to him/her on a well written and interesting article

I can't really take it seriously when it states that Monk is the most unlucky manager in our history. Absolutely ridiculous statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlueBloodedOwl said:

I disagree the owners got Wigan Athletic relegated. Paul Cook had them midtable in the 13th place.

 

 

Monk has us safe though doesnt' he?


It's only the points deduction that the owner caused that might get us relegated


So why does that make Cook a better manager than Monk?

This is where I think the sports writer in the OP has got it bang on

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


I don't know about that mate.


Your opinion on what would happen is speculation not real evidence of the views of the overall fan base.
 

I think the sports writer nailed it with this article and there's a silent majority who still support the team

 

You’re mis quoting me now.

I gave an example of what did happen under similar circumstances in the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Monk has us safe though doesnt' he?


It's only the points deduction that the owner caused that might get us relegated


So why does that make Cook a better manager than Monk?

This is where I think the sports writer in the OP has got it bang on

He's managed 8 point's from 15 home games so far in 2020. Average that out over this season and that's under 13 points at home for the season. Do you think we will be safe at the end of the season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueBloodedOwl said:

He's managed 8 point's from 15 home games so far in 2020. Average that out over this season and that's under 13 points at home for the season. Do you think we will be safe at the end of the season?

 

 

I was talking about right now


Without the points deduction that the owner caused, we would currently be perfectly safe wouldn't we?

Where would we be in the Championship without the points deduction does anyone know?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

I was talking about right now


Without the points deduction that the owner caused, we would currently be perfectly safe wouldn't we?

Where would we be in the Championship without the points deduction does anyone know?

 

16th

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Monk has us safe though doesnt' he?


It's only the points deduction that the owner caused that might get us relegated


So why does that make Cook a better manager than Monk?

This is where I think the sports writer in the OP has got it bang on

 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Manager comparisons are (and always have been) ridiculous


Not the same players, division, spending power, opposition, coaches etc etc

If you were ever going to compare stats of something that should never be compared  it's managerial statistics


It's a farce and anyone looking at them thinking it tells you anything at all is naive beyond belief

 

You are really hammering the contradictions today aren't you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

I was talking about right now


Without the points deduction that the owner caused, we would currently be perfectly safe wouldn't we?

Where would we be in the Championship without the points deduction does anyone know?

Currently we would be safe but come the end of the season I would hazard a guess that we would not be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

16th

 

 

 

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 16.11.03.jpg




So this is where we are currently under Garry Monk - despite him having absolute scraps to spend, massive injury list etc etc

 

So why are people screaming like babies when his performance isn't a real problem?

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The circumstances of the 12 point deduction and limited financial strength that Monk has to deal with are clearly not his fault and clearly far from ideal. But the circumstances don't make him a bad Wednesday manager - him not being very good at the job of football manager makes him a bad Wednesday manager. If he had a better situation he might have better results but he would still be underperforming his situation because he is not very good at the job. If that was the case it would be a disappointment but given the actual situation it is a disaster.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kobayashi said:

The circumstances of the 12 point deduction and limited financial strength that Monk has to deal with are clearly not his fault and clearly far from ideal. But the circumstances don't make him a bad Wednesday manager - him not being very good at the job of football manager makes him a bad Wednesday manager. If he had a better situation he might have better results but he would still be underperforming his situation because he is not very good at the job. If that was the case it would be a disappointment but given the actual situation it is a disaster.  

 

 



We're currently sitting in 16th (without the points deduction) with the squad he's been given to work with, with massive injuries. 

Where - realistically - do you think we should be with this squad?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

I can't really take it seriously when it states that Monk is the most unlucky manager in our history. Absolutely ridiculous statement.

Utter Bull , one of the luckiest to be still here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

The current form is not the big worry. 



So..


We've got a brand new coaching team, assistant manager, new squad, new players, massive injury list, a -12 point deduction 


And we're currrently sat in 16th place (without the point deduction applied) and perfectly safe in the Championship

And currrent form is not the worry


So why is everyone screaming and crying as though they're  being chased through an old dusty boiler room by Freddie Krueger?


Or put more simply  'ARE WE ASKING TOO MUCH OF THE MANAGER?'


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 



We're currently sitting in 16th (without the points deduction) with the squad he's been given to work with, with massive injuries. 

Where - realistically - do you think we should be with this squad?

Let's see where we are after the next two games. Realistically we need to be 12 points better than Rotherham and Wycombe, who I expect to be bottom 3. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:



So..


We've got a brand new coaching team, assistant manager, new squad, new players, massive injury list, a -12 point deduction 


And we're currrently sat in 16th place (without the point deduction applied) and perfectly safe in the Championship

And currrent form is not the worry


So why is everyone screaming and crying as though they're  being chased through an old dusty boiler room by Freddie Krueger?

Cos they know it’s gonna get worse under Monk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...