Time running out for Sheffield Wednesday's under fire manager Garry Monk

1 minute ago, One De Bilde said:

As it was Cook almost steered them clear regardless of the points deduction. 

Monk is doing the exact same thing mate - why bother with the upheaval and costs if Monk can also almost steer us clear regardless of the points deduction?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I dunno. I kind of agree with the OP sports writer who calls it as he see's it. If we go down on points because we missed out on one or two points then it could well be George Hirst that kills us off

I see where that  (excellent) sports writer is coming from there to be fair to him (or her)

However,  we have a whole defence waiting in the wings and half a midfield on the treatment table. Wednesday to challenge for the play offs when they get back on the field- or my name’s not Garry Monk! ( Ooops- a bit of a giveaway there!)

• Like 1
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Monk is doing the exact same thing mate - why bother with the upheaval and costs if Monk can also almost steer us clear regardless of the points deduction?

Big difference between knowing your challenge before the season and being hit with it towards the end. The Wigan situation is an utter disgrace, Cook showed his worth as a great man manager who could galvanise the troops. Not sure Monk could lay claim to the same

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

There will always be someone who wants the job even in these circumstances. DC just has to pick the right person which imo is very unlikely. 

Who is the "Right" person though?.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wow - talk about setting a high bar 

lol

Cook's record of three promotions with three different clubs and reaching play offs has a manager is superior to Monk's record of no promotions as a manager, not even any play offs ever made. Unless you consider the Premier League manager of the month award as a significant managerial honour? 

Screenshot_2020-10-26-14-51-50-182_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.1b50d502d07643b3a6bb0f3b862de154.jpg

Why are people walloping on about Paul Cook all of a sudden?

If Paul Cook was a managerial genius, why is he still unemployed?  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We haven't even reached zero points yet. We lost at home to Luton and our home record and our form ever since last Christmas is relegation form. Our home form with or without a points deduction is far from good enough, reason enough to axe Monk and ultimately why we're heading for League One. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He’s waiting on an offer from Cyprus.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

EXACTLY

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

We haven't even reached zero points yet. We lost at home to Luton and our home record and our form ever since last Christmas is relegation form. Our home form with or without a points deduction is far from good enough, reason enough to axe Monk and ultimately why we're heading for League One. 

i don't get this selective stuff.

You say our home form is reason enough to axe Monk.

Well I say our away form is enough to give him a 5 year contract extension.

The logic people are using about home form is as nonsensical as saying Monk should be sacked because our form against teams managed by men in tracksuits is poor compared to those who manage in suits.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Paul Cook - got Wigan Athletic relegated to Division One

THAT Paul Cook?

Paul Cook was in charge when Wigan got relegated, a lot different from Paul Cook got them relegated

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

i don't get this selective stuff.

You say our home form is reason enough to axe Monk.

Well I say our away form is enough to give him a 5 year contract extension.

The logic people are using about home form is as nonsensical as saying Monk should be sacked because our form against teams managed by men in tracksuits is poor compared to those who manage in suits.

Our away form on it's own won't keep us up. 

28 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

there was also a huge bet laid in Malaysia for them to go down, coincidentally where the takeover consortium were based. 

That was just unproved speculation that the administrators later discounted.

• Like 1