Time running out for Sheffield Wednesday's under fire manager Garry Monk

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 15.35.42.jpg

Garry Monk's Sheffield Wednesday need an immediate and significant reaction this Wednesday night if they are to try and recover the season and turn around a disastrous run of results including (remarkably) two losses at home in less than a week. 

The Owls face fierce local rivals Rotherham United in a game that could well see former Sheffield Wednesday wonderkid George Hirst net the winning goal that could see Wednesday relegated at the end of this season.

BUT many Owls fans have seen the challenge laid out in front of Monk, the lack of real spending by the club on players who have brought in a few new faces but on a shoestring budget (to say the least),  and have been remarkably patient as Monk settles his new Assistant manager, coaching staff and new players into the Hillsborough setup.

There is a growing vocal minority within the fanbase who are running out of patience and who have recently been a bit critical of the unlucky Monk, with some saying he should be doing slightly better despite the obvious points deduction, shoestring budget and with him having three quarters of his first choice players out of action through injury.

Thankfully though it's just a tiny fraction of the devoted Sheffield Wednesday fanbase who are voicing that opinion, as the silent majority understand the situation and who remain right behind the team and what Monk is trying to achieve in a season that all football experts have called 'mission impossible'

Many sports writers will point to the current run of form as disappointing but it also has to be said that in a season where one of the club's major and main signings was a player with a double broken leg, with metal pins in that leg, and somehow was still seen as a top signing by the Owls, it's also clear to anyone that understands football that the experts are right and that Garry Monk should be backed and not turned on by a vocal tiny number of fickle fans.

The experts in football all agree. Garry Monk's task at SWFC is not something they would expect anyone else to take on which begs the question, if the vocal MAJORITY get their way at Sheffield Wednesday and hound out one of the unluckiest managers in the club's entire history, who will want to take his place?

The message is very clear from those who really understand football.. "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"

Fixed it for you 

On 26/10/2020 at 13:44, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 15.35.42.jpg

Garry Monk's Sheffield Wednesday need an immediate and significant reaction this Wednesday night if they are to try and recover the season and turn around a disastrous run of results including (remarkably) two losses at home in less than a week. 

The Owls face fierce local rivals Rotherham United in a game that could well see former Sheffield Wednesday wonderkid George Hirst net the winning goal that could see Wednesday relegated at the end of this season.

BUT many Owls fans have seen the challenge laid out in front of Monk, the lack of real spending by the club on players who have brought in a few new faces but on a shoestring budget (to say the least),  and have been remarkably patient as Monk settles his new Assistant manager, coaching staff and new players into the Hillsborough setup.

There is a growing vocal minority within the fanbase who are running out of patience and who have recently been a bit critical of the unlucky Monk, with some saying he should be doing slightly better despite the obvious points deduction, shoestring budget and with him having three quarters of his first choice players out of action through injury.

Thankfully though it's just a tiny fraction of the devoted Sheffield Wednesday fanbase who are voicing that opinion, as the silent majority understand the situation and who remain right behind the team and what Monk is trying to achieve in a season that all football experts have called 'mission impossible'

Many sports writers will point to the current run of form as disappointing but it also has to be said that in a season where one of the club's major and main signings was a player with a double broken leg, with metal pins in that leg, and somehow was still seen as a top signing by the Owls, it's also clear to anyone that understands football that the experts are right and that Garry Monk should be backed and not turned on by a vocal tiny number of fickle fans.

The experts in football all agree. Garry Monk's task at SWFC is not something they would expect anyone else to take on which begs the question, if the vocal minority get their way at Sheffield Wednesday and hound out one of the unluckiest managers in the club's entire history, who will want to take his place?

The message is very clear from those who really understand football.. "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"

The love that dare not speak its name, from one sunny optimist man to a failed, totally failed  'manager'. I use manager in the same sense as the part time Barmaid who runs the ladies charity football team at the Mucky Duck. They play wearing mexican bandit outfits. Maybe Mr Monks next gig. Owls

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I pointed out Carlos' shortcomings before anyone else did - and was proven correct

I've been a critic of Monk for months now and think I've been the most accurate when it comes to discussing his brand of football

In fact nobody has been as accurate as I have

I've been the most accurate out of everyone

You sound more like Trump everyday.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’ve always liked our site owner, nice bloke, a sense of humour, fair minded before banning you, and not colour prejudiced either.

And I didn’t even make a joke about dark mode there either. Or maybe I did.

DARK MODE ROCKS

Anyone who doesn't like Dark Mode is a fool

Owlstalk Shop

Had spaghetti meatballs and homemade bread for tea, lovingly prepared by my daughter.

Looked in the cutlery drawer, assessed what was available and decided to take the Garry Monk approach to tackling it. Chose to go with a single chopstick and a tea spoon and I've just had a cup of tea using a knife for the sugar and stirred with a fork.

Garry would be proud! 

Monkmanface

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Had spaghetti meatballs and homemade bread for tea, lovingly prepared by my daughter.

Looked in the cutlery drawer, assessed what was available and decided to take the Garry Monk approach to tackling it. Chose to go with a single chopstick and a tea spoon and I've just had a cup of tea using a knife for the sugar and stirred with a fork.

Garry would be proud! 

Monkmanface

Tomorrow you need to swap the fork for a steak knife and the chop stick for a soup spoon.