Time running out for Sheffield Wednesday's under fire manager Garry Monk

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk has repeatedly said that he's not responsible for finding the players

Where?

Provide proof.

Even if he doesn't *find* the player, that doesn't mean he has no say in who is brought into the club.

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Neil was a massive CC fan, until 20 mins before he was sacked.

Similar goings on with Monk it seems..

🤣

I pointed out Carlos' shortcomings before anyone else did - and was proven correct

I've been a critic of Monk for months now and think I've been the most accurate when it comes to discussing his brand of football

In fact nobody has been as accurate as I have

I've been the most accurate out of everyone

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I pointed out Carlos' shortcomings before anyone else did - and was proven correct

I've been a critic of Monk for months now and think I've been the most accurate when it comes to discussing his brand of football

No you didn’t. I did. While you were convinced he was going to take us one step further in his third season, I was pointing out he was taking us nowhere except down the league. I knew after the Huddersfield defeat Carlos was done here.

👇👇👇

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I did 

It's well documented

Just because Carlos broke your heart. You LOVED Carlos. I’ve just proven it. You backed him to get us promoted. You trusted him and his training regime and tactics, you were in admiration how he ran his sessions and supported his players. 

And then he failed and like a jilted lover you grew jealous of the man and started to blame him for everything.

Your dislike for Carlos comes from a place of pain. IT’S OK. I understand. You’re in denial.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Just because Carlos broke your heart. You LOVED Carlos. I’ve just proven it. You backed him to get us promoted. You trusted him and his training regime and tactics, you were in admiration how he ran his sessions and supported his players. 

And then he failed and like a jilted lover you grew jealous of the man and started to blame him for everything.

Your dislike for Carlos comes from a place of pain. IT’S OK. I understand. You’re in denial.

Carlos was a car salesman and many fell for his sales patter

I tried to warn them but nobody listened

At times I was the only voice pointing out the way it was going

But that's ok. I"m regularly ahead of my time.

I was Carlos most outspoken critic

Nobody was a critic of his like I was

I was the biggest critic of Carlos on here and before anyone else

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Carlos was a car salesman and many fell for his sales patter

I tried to warn them but nobody listened

At times I was the only voice pointing out the way it was going

But that's ok. I"m regularly ahead of my time.

I think you can draw a lot of similarities between Monk and Carlos to be fair. 

Monk is a bit of a car salesman too. Living off a decent honeymoon spell and a manager of the month award at Swansea. Talks a great game in his pre match press conferences, lulls fans into a false sense of security but he can’t translate it on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

4. Which is fewer than the number of times we shipped 3 or more goals at home under Monk.  And we only lost 2 of his 9 home games, scoring 16 times.

This is annoying me now.

why do people keep talking about home games only and home goals only ?  It is absolutely bizarre. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

This is annoying me now.

why do people keep talking about home games only and home goals only ?  It is absolutely bizarre. 

We can talk about win ratios instead?

Monk’s is worse than Luhukay’s. You’re welcome. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

There will always be someone who wants the job even in these circumstances. DC just has to pick the right person which imo is very unlikely. 

Always somebody...that’s how Steve Evans ended up at Leeds under their crackpot owner.

It seems right people don’t want to cone here.