SWFC v RUFC

39 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Hi team, you're 'glass half full Sheffield Miller' here.

Doesn't seem that long ago that you were singing "we'll never play you again..." so who'd have thought a season later we're back playing you again.... and you sit below us in the league! 

On to Wednesday's game and I genuinely think Rotherham will win this one comfortably. I've seen every game and apart from Wycombe and Forest we've been the better side if a little light up front. 

From the glimpses I've had of Wednesday you seem to be well on your way to getting moulded into a typical 'Gary Monk' team. That's fine if that's your thing but it's not for me.

I'm hoping Brown's missing cos he's the only player of yours I actually worry about. 

Thoughts and predictions welcome? 

I'll go 3-1 Rotherham. 

Hi Alan,

How's your sister? 

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

Doesn't seem that long ago that you were singing "we'll never play you again..." so who'd have thought a season later we're back playing you again.... and you sit below us in the league! 

On to Wednesday's game and I genuinely think Rotherham will win this one comfortably. I've seen every game and apart from Wycombe and Forest we've been the better side if a little light up front. 

From the glimpses I've had of Wednesday you seem to be well on your way to getting moulded into a typical 'Gary Monk' team. That's fine if that's your thing but it's not for me.

I'm hoping Brown's missing cos he's the only player of yours I actually worry about. 

I'll go 3-1 Rotherham. 

This is probably the worst Wednesday team you will ever play against. 

This one has got Rotherham win written all over it. We're abject at the moment, summat is seriously wrong and if you come out fighting we'll buckle like belts. You'll be talking about this one for years I reckon. It'll also be the pigs first thing the pigs will smile about this season, you'll cement your position as their second team. 

• Like 1

3-2 to Wednesday.

Last second of injury time winner from Monk, bringing himself on to take the pish out of Tinpot United, so tinpot in fact that they nicknamed them Tinpot United twice. That means for a second time by the way.

Sling your bucket laddie.

Edited by theowlsman

2 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I'll go 3-1 Rotherham. 

That's a lot of confidence considering you've collected less points than us so far. Could go either way tbh. Not seen any of your games so hard to judge. Certainly a game we can't afford to lose though. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Reckon George Hirst will start for them, bit of a point to prove and that, and he probably will prove it. 

What point is he goin to prove?..that he’s crap? #badadvice

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Ian said:

How do you now he isnt.....plenty of places in Sheffield are nearer to Rotherham's ground than any other league team

Plenty? Tinsley attercliffe meadowhall..that’s 3

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I'll go 3-1 Rotherham. 

Why start a thread like this and then not respond to any of the questions that get put back to you? Have you shown all your mates how clever you have been and how much you have wound up all us 'Wendy' fans on Owlstalk? Grow up mate.

Any chance of you telling how & why your wonderful team have managed to pick up less points than our woeful lot so far?  

I'm not particularly confident. Hopefully Lees, Iorfa and Brown will be available.

It would be nice if we could look like we are interested in trying to score goals, but after the last two games, have significantly lowered my expectations. 

I'll pay my Tenner, support the club, but expect to be disappointed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I'll go 3-1 Rotherham. 

Thought Rotherham were at home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I'll go 3-1 Rotherham. 

Wouldn't worry, you'll win, and still end up relegated. Then back to supporting Man U or Leeds like the majority of your fanbase does as the Championship relegation tradition continues.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why start a thread like this and then not respond to any of the questions that get put back to you? Have you shown all your mates how clever you have been and how much you have wound up all us 'Wendy' fans on Owlstalk? Grow up mate.

Any chance of you telling how & why your wonderful team have managed to pick up less points than our woeful lot so far?  

What questions? 

I've been at work all day so happy to answer any non abusive posts now I've done. 

As far as George Hirst goes like I said, it's hard to judge the lad after a few outings off the bench and one or two starts but so far he's offered nothing different to our current selection. 

Do we know if Brown is fit yet? 

• Thanks 1