5 More Games - Maximum

I'd be giving Monk 5 more games now. 

We've been hit with injuries - I know, not entirely great before that, but we picked up points and have lost our spine at the back. 

When Luongo, Iorfa, Lees, Brown all return and we still can't pick up points, thats when we're in trouble. 

Following the Preston game, we are in for a difficult group of games and I fear we may need to have pulled the trigger before then to get a revival in time to kick on in these games if we haven't picked up enough points in the previous 5 games. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

We've been hit with injuries - I know, not entirely great before that, but we picked up points and have lost our spine at the back. 

When Luongo, Iorfa, Lees, Brown all return and we still can't pick up points, thats when we're in trouble. 

Following the Preston game, we are in for a difficult group of games and I fear we may need to have pulled the trigger before then to get a revival in time to kick on in these games if we haven't picked up enough points in the previous 5 games. 

Hes already had too many,bought very average players in,I didthink 1 or 2 would be okay,but notconvinced,the treatment room is full,again,cant see the answer at the moment,think we will really,struggle this week against 2 of the faves for the drop...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

I'd like to agree with you but i can't see past the next 2 games. Problem now is he could win those but be back to square one with losing the next. I think he's doomed as once a good percentage of fanbase is disgruntled it's only a matter of time.

Really...you do know who our chairman is ?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Agree with you but it aint gonna happen.

DC's track record on this is known to all and can't see him pulling trigger any time soon.

We are going down.

This is the best I could find on our injury crisis compared to others in the league: https://www.sportsgambler.com/football/injuries-suspensions/england-championship/

It's missing Urhoghide and Dunkley but once again we are leading the pack in terms of injuries.

The big issue is that time isn't on our side to wait for the return of these players due to the incompetence of our Chairman that resulted in us starting on -12. The performances can come later, but the results need to come now. Monk needs to earn his wage and find a way to get them results with what he's got available. It's blatantly obvious that the current defence is not comfortable playing his desired and current system.  

3 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

This is the best I could find on our injury crisis compared to others in the league: https://www.sportsgambler.com/football/injuries-suspensions/england-championship/

It's missing Urhoghide and Dunkley but once again we are leading the pack in terms of injuries. 

We cleared out bad eggs and 'injured' players and replaced them with genuinely injured players

Amazing stuff

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 games for me. Then if/when things are still looking bleak after the Millwall game, a competent chairman would tell Monk to pack his bags straight after the final whistle, bring in the new gaffer he’s already tapped up the next day and give him two weeks with the players over the international break. 

There is a bit of a flaw with that plan though... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 points from 6 at least in the next 2 games otherwise I really think it’s time we considered replacing Monk. The position we find ourselves in thanks to DC and his actions resulting in us starting on -12 we can’t afford to leave it to late to have a change in management. Anything less than 3 points against Wycombe, a team that will probably have lost 8 from 8 would be unacceptable and we need a point at least against Rotherham. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toytown and Wycombe if we don't get at least 4 points from these two then it's got to be time up. Need to be winning both and I honestly hope we do but I can see it now guess where Wycombe will get their first 3points from 🤦‍♂️it's the Wednesday way. 

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Another 5? Why

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s been given far too many games already and should have gone after the drubbing at Brentford last season.

He’s changed players, formations and we still get the same outcome. Why give him any more games when he’s already proven he’s so far out of his depth? 

• Like 5

Monk should have been axed last season. The same horrific home form, ultra defensive tactics and poor performances have carried on into this season. He's got his own backroom staff and he had a clear-out and brought in his own players. Yet, we're still not winning at home. Why is everyone saying he has to get this many points from the next two games, when they're both away? The away form isn't the issue. The home form is the issue. We couldn't even beat Luton. He should be axed for the home record. Hope Monk can prove a lot of us wrong but he's looking like a shocking appointment after Bruce. Personally, I'd like us to bring in Paul Cook whilst he's still available. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As been already said, should have gone after the Brentford away thrashing and 2 wins in 14 games.

Since then 4 wins in 16.

He doesn't know his best team or system. Chops and changes all the time. Bizarre team selections with players in positions that dont suit them. Often has to make changes at half time be cause he's got it wrong.

Persists with 3-5-2 which he tried first in   Luton debacle away last season with Forestieri at wing back 😆. We don't have the players for it.

The absence of crowds has saved him. There's no way he could have survived the wrath of the fans with the dross served up at Hillsborough this year.

• Like 5