The Worst thing about Saturday !!!

11 hours ago, John Howard said:

Watching Match of the Day  with United giving the European Champions a good game AND seeing Leeds playing great attacking, flowing football .

Earlier watched  us lose to a pxss  poor Luton team in a match whose standard was light years away from the Premier .

When will we ever get back to their levels ? 

We need overall from top to bottom otherwise we have to get use to watching dire matches at Championship level ...if we are lucky 

If that's the worst thing about Saturday then words fail me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

I know previous history is no gaurantee of success but both bielsa and wilder had shown they knew how to build a winning team. As had Jack Charlton wilko and big Ron. They also had a distinct way of playing. 

This is why I'd go for someone like Paul Cook. He can work on a tight budget; he can get more out of average players, and he has as a decent effective way of playing and gets results. At the same time we need to learn from  numerous mistakes on and off the pitch; we need a progressive approach, a DOF or someone knowledgeable to help DC, we also need a philosophy, smarter recruitment and a long term plan. We need to catch up with numerous other clubs by bringing through our own talent or spotting players on the rise before their value sky rockets, selling those players on and reinvesting into the structure and squad by bringing in players with resale value. 

14 hours ago, should know better said:

Just need to find a decent manager, the key appointment for most teams. A average manager can have short term success if they inherit a decent team but will gradually run it down. Both our Yorkshire premier teams chopped around until they found a decent manager and their fortunes improved almost from the off.

Correct.

Think about where our our squad, shape and success would be had Bruce stayed.

• Like 2

Good post.

As much as I despise Leeds and the Pigs I do admire them . The Pigs will probably be unable to maintain the momentum but I fear that Leeds are on the way up ... like Wolves and Leicester.

Our disorganised spineless performance on Saturday really pi••ed me off and put me off footy generally. On Sunday morning I flicked on the box , watched two minutes of Match of the Day , thought about Wednesday, felt sick and turned over and watched Monty Don...pretty entertaining actually. 

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Wrong. The club is being run in a shambolic way . A brilliant manager might squeeze a bit more out of the team but the main problem is the club and the shambles chansiri is making of running it 

Agree that the club is run badly but from a footballing perspective the manager chooses the players, formation, tactics and man management. Success on the pitch is primarily related to the manager.

I doubt the players give a monkeys about who owns the club or how he runs the club as long as they get paid.

-12 obviously being a huge exception but in generalising here.

Bielsa proved what a top manager can do with the same group of players at Leeds in his first season....as an example.

• Thanks 1