The Worst thing about Saturday !!!

Watching Match of the Day  with United giving the European Champions a good game AND seeing Leeds playing great attacking, flowing football .

Earlier watched  us lose to a pxss  poor Luton team in a match whose standard was light years away from the Premier .

When will we ever get back to their levels ? 

We need overall from top to bottom otherwise we have to get use to watching dire matches at Championship level ...if we are lucky 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Watching Match of the Day  with United giving the European Champions a good game AND seeing Leeds playing great attacking, flowing football .

Earlier watched  us lose to a pxss  poor Luton team in a match whose standard was light years away from the Premier .

We need overall from top to bottom otherwise we have to get use to watching dire matches at Championship level ...if we are lucky 

image.png.0c88e165c17f899abd4c70597a060338.png

So playing with this kit would make us better? I have my doubts.

• Haha 9

Just need to find a decent manager, the key appointment for most teams. A average manager can have short term success if they inherit a decent team but will gradually run it down. Both our Yorkshire premier teams chopped around until they found a decent manager and their fortunes improved almost from the off.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, should know better said:

Just need to find a decent manager, the key appointment for most teams. A average manager can have short term success if they inherit a decent team but will gradually run it down. Both our Yorkshire premier teams chopped around until they found a decent manager and their fortunes improved almost from the off.

100%.

Manager is everything.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Howard said:

They gave them a very good game and handed them 3 points as they have with all but one of the teams they’ve played so far.

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, John Howard said:

Stop worrying about Leeds..they are one of the biggest clubs in England..they will be in the pl for years to come..agree about Utd tho..last year really hurt me but I reckon they will go down this year..but so will we so that’s a bummer..Utd will never be a major force but at the moment 5hey are streets ahead of us..won’t last tho

2 hours ago, should know better said:

2 hours ago, trev said:

100%.

Manager is everything.

If you think Wednesday problems are purely down to the manager you are a bit naive.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, should know better said:

Think we have given the current manager plenty of opportunities to get a run of form together, banish the embarrassing run at home, weed out the mentally and physically weak etc etc. Time to get shut. Another lesson to DC in backing a loser with further trust and funding is cash down the crapper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The worst thing about Saturdays is Wednesday playing. 

And knowing there will be another one with the same outcome. You build yourself up, this game will be the start of our good run. Followed by the same old disappointment as Monk tinkers with the side, the formation, messes up, and we let the game slip.

No worries though, there’s always next week. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

I know, I’ll post something positive, ignoring the obvious point that Monk will do his Midas in reverse thing. “Sh*t. What did I post that for? Doh!”

• Like 1

I know previous history is no gaurantee of success but both bielsa and wilder had shown they knew how to build a winning team. As had Jack Charlton wilko and big Ron. They also had a distinct way of playing. 

• Like 3