SWFC - what a mess!!

40 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Bruce although it didn't work out, was a smart and ideal appointment. Monk has been a terrible appointment.

Said it at the time, before Monk was appointed that he'd be a disastrous appointment. He made his reputation in a positive way at Swansea at a time when Swansea had a good coaching set up. He's not lasted longer than a year anywhere else other than here and done nothing of note since being at Swansea. He was a short term fix that backfired.

What's Monk ever done to justify sticking with him for a year or longer? The home form is atrocious. The football we play at home and away is ultra defensive; it only works away from home, it breeds negativity, puts pressure on our defence and it nullifies ourselves especially at home.

If DC had any footballing sense he'd have got in a experienced or knowledgeable DOF or someone to help him with the running if the club long ago and/or we'd bring in a manager like Paul Cook allowing them a couple of years to build and do things their way. 

I agree. I was on board with Monk from the start, but started raising an eye around December and well after that went very down hill. He should have went last season/before this one, he definitely should go now though. I just don't see us improving. It's the same feeling I had with Carlos and Jos, though looking back Jos didn't have a chance to change the squad in the transfer market.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Might be the only one but when we are playing so badly I really struggle to watch and enjoy other football on tv. Just makes me jealous seeing players give everything and teams being well organised. Personally I feel so distant from this club, really is a horrible feeling. 

Know what you mean, seeing players who are all comfortable on the ball, passing to a colleague, before moving into space Who’d have thought football would end up like that

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I agree. I was on board with Monk from the start, but started raising an eye around December and well after that went very down hill. He should have went last season/before this one, he definitely should go now though. I just don't see us improving. It's the same feeling I had with Carlos and Jos, though looking back Jos didn't have a chance to change the squad in the transfer market.

I forgot to say as well. I gave Monk another chance before this season and was on board with the whole positive mood ect. but started having doubts again around and after the Bristol City game. I just see this season going like last season did unfortunately.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I forgot to say as well. I gave Monk another chance before this season and was on board with the whole positive mood ect. but started having doubts again around and after the Bristol City game. I just see this season going like last season did unfortunately.

Same here, thought Monk should have gone last season but was willing to give him a chance this season to prove me wrong. It looked possible early on, was hopeful we'd learned our lesson the hard way with regards to player recruitment and thought we were building for the future in a positive way regardless of which division we'd be in next season.

However, despite some smart or decent signings, the recruitment hasn't changed enough. We're still bringing in injury prone players, as well as players that may have been decent a couple of years ago and we're not bringing in enough players with potential resale value or players that suit how we play.

It's a recipe for disaster, that's been there ever since Wembley, poor recruitment, bringing in players with little resale value and some players that don't even suit how we play, whilst neglecting the long term and neglecting some of our weak areas of the team.

That's without even mentioning all the other ********-up's, such as the off the field schemes; underwhelming journeyman managerial appointments (apart from Bruce), transfer embargoes, the points deduction, ticket prices and cocking up the stadium sale, etc, that as tarnished the club.

Add all that to the greedy way modern football as gone ever since the rebranding of the old top flight and the old European Cup; the dominance of the elite mega rich clubs, parachute payments, carrying on football without fans, crazy kick off times and pay per view games, it's easy to see why many of us and football fans in general are losing their love for the game.

Football doesn't give a stuff about history; tradition, smaller clubs, grassroots or fans. For the owners, football is merely a business. The Premier League and Champions League are the golden tickets and poisoned chalice, that they all chase and they don't care if they destroy clubs or the game itself to get there and once there they want an even bigger slice of the pie. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Same here, thought Monk should have gone last season but was willing to give him a chance this season to prove me wrong. It looked possible early on, was hopeful we'd learned our lesson the hard way with regards to player recruitment and thought we were building for the future in a positive way regardless of which division we'd be in next season.

However, despite some smart or decent signings, the recruitment hasn't changed enough. We're still bringing in injury prone players, as well as players that may have been decent a couple of years ago and we're not bringing in enough players with potential resale value or players that suit how we play.

It's a recipe for disaster, that's been there ever since Wembley, poor recruitment, bringing in players with little resale value and some players that don't even suit how we play, whilst neglecting the long term and neglecting some of our weak areas of the team.

That's without even mentioning all the other ********-up's, such as the off the field schemes; underwhelming journeyman managerial appointments (apart from Bruce), transfer embargoes, the points deduction, ticket prices and cocking up the stadium sale, etc, that as tarnished the club.

Add all that to the greedy way modern football as gone ever since the rebranding of the old top flight and the old European Cup; the dominance of the elite mega rich clubs, parachute payments, carrying on football without fans, crazy kick off times and pay per view games, it's easy to see why many of us and football fans in general are losing their love for the game.

Football doesn't give a stuff about history; tradition, smaller clubs, grassroots or fans. For the owners, football is merely a business. The Premier League and Champions League are the golden tickets and poisoned chalice, that they all chase and they don't care if they destroy clubs or the game itself to get there and once there they want an even bigger slice of the pie. 

Can't really say anything against that. This season I tried watching MOTD, Championship highlights on Quest and Wednesday videos ect. but lost interest, kinda like what WalthemOwl was saying. I might try again soon, it doesn't feel right without fans though as well.

On 25/10/2020 at 17:02, WalthamOwl said:

Might be the only one but when we are playing so badly I really struggle to watch and enjoy other football on tv. Just makes me jealous seeing players give everything and teams being well organised. Personally I feel so distant from this club, really is a horrible feeling. 

I’ve felt distant for years, comes and goes. I’m not an Uber fan, admire those that are. 
After the Cup final loss to Arsenal my Dad said there’ll be worse days following this club. 
To see how far we have plummeted since then just shows how badly this club has been run, time after time.

Hopefully never be as bad as the Ashurst era

WTF:

• Thanks 3

On 25/10/2020 at 01:36, Blue and white said:

Clueless owner who makes bad decisionsafter bad decision.

Useless manager who has never achieved anything in football and should have walked after last season's shambolic display.

Crocked signings or signings that are rejects from others clubs.

A golden missed opportunity to clear the decks and bring in some quality to take the club forwards.

Started the season needing 62 points to gaurentee safety, on the current showing there is absolutely no chance of achieving this.

All in all I think we are that grubby tinpot club who's outstanding reputation in football has been forever tarnished.

Spot on! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/10/2020 at 01:42, TaxiMark said:

Totally agree and tbh mate its got to a stage now where I just don't think I care anymore ...I've totally had enough with it and feel there are more important things in life.

We have had years of shìte now and this era under Chancer is just another chapter in our slow demise.

On a positive note I didn't renew and that decision came last year when I walked out at HT 0-5 down to Blackburn.

That was the day I thought we should have sacked monk 

• Thanks 1

Either someone has totally taken advantage of Chansiri and had his pants down or he's made these ridiculous decisions himself thinking he knows best. Don't understand why he just didn't go for tried and tested? 

In my eyes weve only had 1 good manager since Chansiri has been here and that was Steve Bruce. Just our bloody luck that didnt work out but you could see things starting to click with Steve Bruce, with minimum improvements squad wise....... because he's a good, motivating manager with a proven track record in the championship. Every other manager weve had has achieved nothing in the championship, therefore we got nothing. It's not rocket science. So frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, English Man said:

Either someone has totally taken advantage of Chansiri and had his pants down or he's made these ridiculous decisions himself thinking he knows best. Don't understand why he just didn't go for tried and tested? 

In my eyes weve only had 1 good manager since Chansiri has been here and that was Steve Bruce. Just our bloody luck that didnt work out but you could see things starting to click with Steve Bruce, with minimum improvements squad wise....... because he's a good, motivating manager with a proven track record in the championship. Every other manager weve had has achieved nothing in the championship, therefore we got nothing. It's not rocket science. So frustrating.

Hard to argue with any of that, I don't if he is incapable or unwilling to change things but I wish to God he would sell up and move on because if he doesn't he is going to be the incompetent owner of a league 1 club next season.

• Thanks 1

On 25/10/2020 at 08:02, Leeds U from sheff said:

Nobody is jealous of your owner. 

Most fans are amazed you are not standing up to him and driving him out.   An owner is not the club.  

Golden Thai elephants at the entrance?  Ffs it's Yorkshire... Get them in the bloody Don and stand up for your club. 

Yet your fans stood for Bates, Ridsdale píssing money up the wall and Celino appointing Dave Wackaday.

Don't come on here pontificating about fan power when you've had, arguably, two of the worst owners in the history of English football.

• Like 1

We are just incredibly unlucky.

Nobody could have known or predicted DC would be incompetent could they ?

Ok, his lack of business experience may have been an indicator.

Obviously he knows nothing about British football but that's not a deal breaker.

I know he comes across as a bit arrogant and it's his way or no way, but that's sometimes a good trait in a leader. Who needs a capable CEO to oversee our finances, or transfer policy ? DC has saved us a fortune by doing it himself.

I can hear people moaning that he's too loyal to crap managers and overpaid players. Monk, Jos and Carlos should all have been booted much earlier ? Loyalty is a great thing to have when your building a family surely ?

Apart from this, he looks the perfect man for the job. Fully confident he will keep us in the football league once we've bottomed out in League 2. It's all a learning curve.

58 minutes ago, markowl said:

Yet your fans stood for Bates, Ridsdale píssing money up the wall and Celino appointing Dave Wackaday.

Don't come on here pontificating about fan power when you've had, arguably, two of the worst owners in the history of English football.ates,

Ridsdale, Bates, cellino and GFH were all very different to Chansiri. 

Leeds fan's mobilised against Bates and cellino.  Thousands marched from town center to the ground (a march I was on) and many many other protests and actions designed to bleed them out or make them feel unwelcome.  There is only so much you can do but I am quite surprised you think we stood for Bates as you put it 

Our supporters club was in a war with Bates, one which had Bates using PIs to try get the leaders of the supporters club locked up. He would stop at nothing. 

Ken hatedus, we hated him and we fought. He was a disgrace to football

Advertisements were bought round the city... One even tight outside main entrance 😀

As I say... I am very surprised you havnt seen anything of this... It was a long drawn out battle, an ugly one but as fans for the sake of our club we felt we had to fight. 

Chansiri is different but as somebody with some experience of bad owners, I can see Chansiri is lacking a mockery of an English, Yorkshire club and is leafing you into big Big trouble very possibly. 

An owner is not your club. 

As Bielsa recently said.... The only people that truly matter are the fans. 

image.png.f5d212364ffa8fe47b666be40b7f8c0e.png

image.png.be5a0c3c6946d2530752702a9e0abfcb.png

image.png.326ef8eacba4e72f83be16433071ee8d.png

image.png.f6eadde8317934f424ce2627c76efa71.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Ridsdale, Bates, cellino and GFH were all very different to Chansiri. 

Leeds fan's mobilised against Bates and cellino.  Thousands marched from town center to the ground (a march I was on) and many many other protests and actions designed to bleed them out or make them feel unwelcome.  There is only so much you can do but I am quite surprised you think we stood for Bates as you put it 

Our supporters club was in a war with Bates, one which had Bates using PIs to try get the leaders of the supporters club locked up. He would stop at nothing. 

Ken hatedus, we hated him and we fought. He was a disgrace to football

Advertisements were bought round the city... One even tight outside main entrance 😀

As I say... I am very surprised you havnt seen anything of this... It was a long drawn out battle, an ugly one but as fans for the sake of our club we felt we had to fight. 

Chansiri is different but as somebody with some experience of bad owners, I can see Chansiri is lacking a mockery of an English, Yorkshire club and is leafing you into big Big trouble very possibly. 

An owner is not your club. 

As Bielsa recently said.... The only people that truly matter are the fans. 

image.png.f5d212364ffa8fe47b666be40b7f8c0e.png

image.png.be5a0c3c6946d2530752702a9e0abfcb.png

image.png.326ef8eacba4e72f83be16433071ee8d.png

image.png.f6eadde8317934f424ce2627c76efa71.png

image.png

Bates and Cellino are bad eggs. DC is a good bloke who has made some poor decisions. That’s the difference. You can’t compare the 2 situations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Bates and Cellino are bad eggs. DC is a good bloke who has made some poor decisions. That’s the difference. You can’t compare the 2 situations. 

Agreed completely I noted they are very different but I just wanted to clarify we didn't just stand by with bates/cellino in charge.

Chansiri wants to do well but for me he is very Bates esque in terms of my way or the highway.  His was has you staring at league 1 and virtually nothing going right off the field eutger(ticket prices, scouting, recruitment, fan relations). 

I genuinely said about 2-3 years, ago you need him out if he will imo lead you down a very dangerous path. 

He is very different to Bates/celllino/GFH but he imo us very dangerous for SWFC imo. 

Edited by Leeds U from sheff
  • Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, vulva said:

The problem is tho plenty of our fans think dc is a great chairman 🥴

29 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Agreed completely I noted they are very different but I just wanted to clarify we didn't just stand by with bates/cellino in charge.

Chansiri wants to do well but for me he is very Bates esque in terms of my way or the highway.  His was has you staring at league 1 and virtually nothing going right off the field eutger(ticket prices, scouting, recruitment, fan relations). 

I genuinely said about 2-3 years, ago you need him out if he will imo lead you down a very dangerous path. 

He is very different to Bates/celllino/GFH but he imo us very dangerous for SWFC imo. 

Totally agree. The vast majority of us know where this could end up. We just aren’t the protesting type. Had we had Bates or Cellino I suspect things would be different. And don’t forget, DC came in after years of zero investment. He bought favour by throwing the sink at it, and having fairly quick, relative success. You can doubt his decision making since that, but I’d find it very hard to question his intent. 

• Thanks 1

On 25/10/2020 at 19:44, Mus said:

It makes my blood boil to think what these people have done to our club.

But what worries me more is us, the fans, are becoming more irrelevant as time goes on.

We are the club, but have no say whatsoever in its running, future or decisions.

It would be great if we could follow the German model where fans own a percentage and are involved.

It won't happen because people use football clubs as cash cows nowadays, so sad what's happened to the game.

If the fans ran our club, Kevin Keegan would be appointed on Monday, sacked on Tuesday and the money would have run out on Wednesday.