SWFC - what a mess!!

7 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

The Chairman has got to take the blame, he is the one that had got Carlos in and we had one decent season

Was the one decent season the one we got to the playoffs or the one we finished 4th?

If you don’t think they are both decent seasons, I certainly do and wish we were anywhere near that level now.

4 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Nobody is jealous of your owner. 

Most fans are amazed you are not standing up to him and driving him out.   An owner is not the club.  

Golden Thai elephants at the entrance?  Ffs it's Yorkshire... Get them in the bloody Don and stand up for your club. 

He had people in the ground singing and applauding the Thai king and royal family. People should have a look at what's going on there and remember that the Chansiri family is part of that establishment.

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once Carlos bottled the 2nd play offs against Huddersfield I wanted him gone. Everything that followed after that is why we find ourselves where we are 

Lack of foresight and a plan, refusing to sell peak players. A horrendous appointment in Jos which still to this day doesn’t make sense 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

If you lose two play-offs, you're done.

That's simply because the players lose confidence in your ability to get you and them over the line.

The problem wasn't that Carlos was sacked, it was that he wasn't sacked soon enough.

If he'd gone after the play-off defeat, we'd have been able to bring someone in who could have given us a third shot at promotion, and the summer to find him.

We were still a strong team, and that was a realistic possibility.

But Chansiri stubbornly clung on, then brought Jos in, and our hopes for promotion were gone.

What has happened since was inevitable, irrespective of who the manager is/was, because we gambled financially and had to go up within a certain period of time.

But the period immediately after the play-off defeat, when Carlos was retained, was the start of our decline which will see us a Third division outfit once again.

This this this. Repeat x100. 

Carlos should have been sacked after two failed play off attempts. It’s not his fault the chairman gave him a new deal. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This this this. Repeat x100. 

Carlos should have been sacked after two failed play off attempts. It’s not his fault the chairman gave him a new deal. 

Not sure about that, unless of course we were appointing a manager who could go one better, which we never looked doing

7 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

was bricking it ahead of the first leg against huddersfield and it transferred to the players. That's not a great motivator in my book. Bang average manager who squandered our best squad in years 

The Udds match was a massive mistake...at huddersfield..we should have won the 2nd leg, only one team looked like winning it. Unlucky injury, unlucky not to win, especially in extra time.

Players bottled the pens...it happens all the time.

Cc's fault, 50%, players 50%.

• Thanks 1

It makes my blood boil to think what these people have done to our club.

But what worries me more is us, the fans, are becoming more irrelevant as time goes on.

We are the club, but have no say whatsoever in its running, future or decisions.

It would be great if we could follow the German model where fans own a percentage and are involved.

It won't happen because people use football clubs as cash cows nowadays, so sad what's happened to the game.

• Like 2

I am just amazed that it has taken some people this long to see through the bloke. All I see is a narcissist, who is great at spending money, but not very good at generating it. 

As already said, it was clear after the 2nd play off failure that he was either unable to see the changes that needed to be made, was too stubborn to see it, or was basically being persuaded by those with vested interests to persist with the status quo.  From that moment on he has at best shown himself to be naive, easily led and accepting of failure.

On the flip side, when it came to the lower rungs of the club's employees, and the fanbase, he has been quite the hard nosed, ruthless businessman that his backer claim him to be.

Oh and don't for one second think that relegation to League 1 would be the end of the rot. Does anyone really see him choosing the right manager to get promotion back up quickly? 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Spookone said:

Was the one decent season the one we got to the playoffs or the one we finished 4th?

If you don’t think they are both decent seasons, I certainly do and wish we were anywhere near that level now.

Second season we may have finished 4th but no way was I as confident as the previous season, it's was quite strange really Carlos seemed to go into a shell a bit and be very negative, and yes we did grind out results but we failed in what was a very poor bunch of four sides in the Play offs.

Carlos should have walked straight after that match....another mistake by Chansiri, and let's face it he's sending us down.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dykwim said:

One game away and we blew it. It’s the Wednesday way. I fear that was our chance and we’ll not see it again for the next 10 years, minimum. 

I wouldn't say 10 years at all, it all depends on the manager.

Bruce, McCarthy, Hughton, Pearson, Jokanovic will have us promoted 3 years tops.

Monks, Dross and Coco wouldn't get us promoted while they have a hole in there arse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I wouldn't say 10 years at all, it all depends on the manager.

Bruce, McCarthy, Hughton, Pearson, Jokanovic will have us promoted 3 years tops.

Monks, Dross and Coco wouldn't get us promoted while they have a hole in there arse.

We’ve proven we can’t get a decent manager that will see the job through though. Even when we got Bruce he didn’t stick around long enough before being enticed away. That was another potential promotion chance that left us, but was by no means a guarantee of success. 

The situation we are now in means attracting someone like Bruce was another moonshot - can you see anyone with the calibre becoming manager in the next 10 years?

A decent manager also does not automatically equal success. Would said manager be backed? Given our current financials, we don’t appear to be in a position to ‘chuck a few bob at it’. 

I hear what you’re saying, but I’m saying I don’t think we could attract a decent manager with the way the club is currently run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bruce although it didn't work out, was a smart and ideal appointment. Monk has been a terrible appointment.

Said it at the time, before Monk was appointed that he'd be a disastrous appointment. He made his reputation in a positive way at Swansea at a time when Swansea had a good coaching set up. He's not lasted longer than a year anywhere else other than here and done nothing of note since being at Swansea. He was a short term fix that backfired.

What's Monk ever done to justify sticking with him for a year or longer? The home form is atrocious. The football we play at home and away is ultra defensive; it only works away from home, it breeds negativity, puts pressure on our defence and it nullifies ourselves especially at home.

If DC had any footballing sense he'd have got in a experienced or knowledgeable DOF or someone to help him with the running if the club long ago and/or we'd bring in a manager like Paul Cook allowing them a couple of years to build and do things their way. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

It's a good question and it's hard to answer as somebody who used to go home and away pre c19😑

We as a club are playing football I couldn't dream of pre radrazzini and Bielsa so it is brilliant to watch... We are 6 games in and have had most possession in every game including city and Liverpool.... Brilliant...dreamlandcompared to the last 16 years. 

The football looks just a better standard....fans like us had almost forgot how exciting good football can be to watch. 

Cheating is a problem but so far it's not spoiling anything as we are playing too well to effect us.  Graelish etc is just horrendous.  VAR at the game woukd probably spoil things somewhat but hard to tell sat at home. 

I realise it's a long season and a lot can change but right now we are full of hope and can dream of Europe (dosnt hurt to dream right?) 

You lot need a new owner.  Monk is dire but it all starts with the owner and the framework he implements. 

Thanks for the response. I agree with you with about Graelish haha. Hope is all I have left now, hopefully something changes soon or I think it's League 1 for us. Just do one thing and beat the pigs again haha. We might play them again next season, but knowing us we'd be relegated as well. Good luck for the rest of the season anyway.

• Like 1