SWFC - what a mess!!

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Clueless owner who makes bad decisionsafter bad decision.

Useless manager who has never achieved anything in football and should have walked after last season's shambolic display.

Crocked signings or signings that are rejects from others clubs.

A golden missed opportunity to clear the decks and bring in some quality to take the club forwards.

Started the season needing 63 points to gaurentee safety, on the current showing there is absolutely no chance of achieving this.

All in all I think we are that grubby tinpot club who's outstanding reputation in football has been forever tarnished.

Totally agree and tbh mate its got to a stage now where I just don't think I care anymore ...I've totally had enough with it and feel there are more important things in life.

We have had years of shìte now and this era under Chancer is just another chapter in our slow demise.

On a positive note I didn't renew and that decision came last year when I walked out at HT 0-5 down to Blackburn.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

The thing we all need to worry about is, where does it it end ?

DC's record with us is one of consistent failure and bad decision making.

After League 1, is it League 2 then non league ?

The extension of Monks contract and allowing his coaches in after last seasons disaster was a shocker of a decision.

It looks like the next bad decision will be to leave him in place to take us down.

What's DC going to mess up next ? 

How many more times?   We had TWO decent seasons under Carlos.  

TWO.     TWO.  TWO.  

Sixth, then fourth.

Had we beaten United 3-0 and then lost at home 4-2 to Leeds the week after, he'd still be here, and we might be in the Prem by now.  

He proved at Rio AVE that he can produce a winning side on a shoestring.   Yet he gets accused of wasting zillions. 

Anyway he's gone.  But let's get this one season wonder notion out of our heads please.   

Monk is not a motivator.   Wilkinson, Atkinson, Carvalhal and Bruce were.   I believe Paul Cook is.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

If you lose two play-offs, you're done.

That's simply because the players lose confidence in your ability to get you and them over the line.

The problem wasn't that Carlos was sacked, it was that he wasn't sacked soon enough.

If he'd gone after the play-off defeat, we'd have been able to bring someone in who could have given us a third shot at promotion, and the summer to find him.

We were still a strong team, and that was a realistic possibility.

But Chansiri stubbornly clung on, then brought Jos in, and our hopes for promotion were gone.

What has happened since was inevitable, irrespective of who the manager is/was, because we gambled financially and had to go up within a certain period of time.

But the period immediately after the play-off defeat, when Carlos was retained, was the start of our decline which will see us a Third division outfit once again.

Not a single fan wanted Carlos gone after the Hull game. It would have been madness to get rid. He took us to forth the next season?

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I think he's suggesting that Carvalhal should have gone after our second playoff defeat against Huddersfield.

On 2nd readings you right, & he's probably right.

Although sacking your manager after finishing 4th & being knocked out on pens would have been a brave decision.

I reckon most Chairman would have kept Çarlos after the huds game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Although sacking your manager after finishing 4th & being knocked out on pens would have been a brave decision.

But the udders play off semi’s were WHY he shouldve walked. Biggest chance we could ever hope for

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

I agree, and I seem to remember wanting Carvalhal to be kept on for a third season myself.

In hindsight though, I massively underestimated the impact that consecutive playoff defeats might have on our squad, and those who called for a fresh approach at that point were probably right.

The other factor which we fans weren't party to of course is the financial black hole we'd already disappeared into by the end of his second season.

I'd naively assumed that the club were balancing the books as far as P&S was concerned and that we'd plot a sustainable route forwards, selling our better players on occasion and steadily improving the squad in the long run. If that had been the case, then keeping Carvalhal on wouldn't have been a dreadful choice.

However, as we now know, the chairman was banking on promotion within those three seasons and a world of pain awaited should we fail to reach the Premier League. In that context, sticking with the same manager who'd already come up short in the previous two campaigns was a terrible call.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Apparently , according to several on here , we have an owner most would be envious of . In reality we are a joke of a club heading for league one , owned by the biggest joke in football . 

other than that it’s all peachy 

I’ve not heard casbah or the other Chansiri backers call anyone a bed wetter for a while

Edited by pat blondeau
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

We're heading in one direction with this leadership and it's not upwards.

Walking out of Wembley, I was optimistic that even though we lost, we were finally on our way back to the top flight. How wrong was I. At this rate it's looking more like back to the third tier instead. :duntmatter:

One game away and we blew it. It’s the Wednesday way. I fear that was our chance and we’ll not see it again for the next 10 years, minimum. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

How many more times?   We had TWO decent seasons under Carlos.  

TWO.     TWO.  TWO.  

Sixth, then fourth.

Had we beaten United 3-0 and then lost at home 4-2 to Leeds the week after, he'd still be here, and we might be in the Prem by now.  

He proved at Rio AVE that he can produce a winning side on a shoestring.   Yet he gets accused of wasting zillions. 

Anyway he's gone.  But let's get this one season wonder notion out of our heads please.   

Monk is not a motivator.   Wilkinson, Atkinson, Carvalhal and Bruce were.   I believe Paul Cook is.  

CC was such a  great motivator we lost 2 play offs in a row.  He was bricking it ahead of the first leg against huddersfield and it transferred to the players. That's not a great motivator in my book. Bang average manager who squandered our best squad in years 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1