Jump to content

Gary Megson lives in Sheffield and will only manage Wednesday.


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, zzmdu said:

 

Good post, not saying Megson should manage us again, his days are over.

 

But the way some try & put a negative spin on Megsons time has my head scratching, for the reason.

 

Megson built a promotion winning team, with unknown players, he just fell out with Chairman, which was his Achilles Heal, as a manager.

Which coincidentally for those calling for him as a replacement is also Nigel Pearson's problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I accept he's Megson is devisive. Loved and hated by Wednesdayites in equal measure.

 

Neither side of the divide seem to understand the others likes / dislikes of Megson. He clearly fell out with Mandaric, and this was the one and only reason why he was booted out after beating the dirty red and white ########s in his final game in charge of Wednesday.

 

My opinion is if he was appointed next week:

 

- He'd stop picking players out of position

- He would offer a simple and effective style of play, which I would guess would be based on 4-4-2.

- The players he picked would know what there responsibilities and objectives were, and he'd hold them accountable.

- We would start picking up points.

 

I didn't see a lack of effort or commitment from any of the players yesterday, what I saw was a lack of a coherent plan, and not for the first time.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, buster123 said:

DC needs to be told there's an option

 

The fanbase need to be told that DC has a manager who he has backed heavily. DC is not looking for an option.

 

Not saying I agree, but that's the fact. Monk will be here through very bad times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another game gone. 0 points. A dinosaur manager who achieved 2 promotions to the premiership, playing attacking football against the bottom teams and parking the bus against the top teams. Knows what is needed to win games in the lower leagues and has achieved that. Kept Wednesday up, turned Hillsborough into a fortress. Turned the atmosphere around. Won games, I always thought that was a must. Moved Wednesday up to third. Knew he was getting fired before the derby but as a true Wednesday fan beat the reds. Mandy hated him and he hated Mandy and how he was asset stripping the club. He's had job offers, doesn't want to move out of Sheffield. Talked to him this morning, he'd been told DC asked Mandy about him. I wonder if Gary should tell DC about Mandy. LOL.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buster123 said:

Another game gone. 0 points. A dinosaur manager who achieved 2 promotions to the premiership, playing attacking football against the bottom teams and parking the bus against the top teams. Knows what is needed to win games in the lower leagues and has achieved that. Kept Wednesday up, turned Hillsborough into a fortress. Turned the atmosphere around. Won games, I always thought that was a must. Moved Wednesday up to third. Knew he was getting fired before the derby but as a true Wednesday fan beat the reds. Mandy hated him and he hated Mandy and how he was asset stripping the club. He's had job offers, doesn't want to move out of Sheffield. Talked to him this morning, he'd been told DC asked Mandy about him. I wonder if Gary should tell DC about Mandy. LOL.

I don't think it's up to DC who we get, the chicken runner is in charge.

I mean, with the best will in the world why doesn't DC get rid. Maybe because he's "intergral" to the Sheff Wed set up.?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, toooldforthis said:


Obviously you’ve had too much extra sleep...if Megson were a manager he’d be managing. His ‘90s style of football ended years ago and I’m glad it has.

 

There are two types of manager: lump it forward and chase or pass it around and entertain the crowd.

 

There are two types of fan. One that wants results at any cost and one that pays for entertainment; both want as many wins as possible.

 

Monk might not be good enough but our club is run by a footballing idiot. A clever man would have retained Mandaric for a season to show him how to run a football club. DC is a fool with his dads money...we’re a sick club. Replace Monk? We’re still a sick club.

Agree on that point in principle but it might not have been possible. It's not like Milan stayed in England after he sold up was it? Chansiri could easily have asked Milan and he turned it down. Nobody knows other than the two involved.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Agree on that point in principle but it might not have been possible. It's not like Milan stayed in England after he sold up was it? Chansiri could easily have asked Milan and he turned it down. Nobody knows other than the two involved.


 

Yep, true.

 

But there will have been someone that could properly mentor him. It’s clear that he needed/needs it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:


One result in isolation. What a ridiculous argument.

 

The trouble is it wasn't the only one. The most embarrassing for sure, but by no means the only one. (Can you imagine the meltdown if Monk had been on the wrong end of that scoreline.......)

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it with our fans, too many aspiring to have us playing like Wimbledon. That’s why we’ve ended up with someone like Monk. He says the same things about work rate and running through brick walls, but little about working with the ball. Of course you want your players to be honest, and work hard for the team, that’s a given, but what about the creative side of things? All that route one stuff was past it’s sell by date when Megson was here, so trying to implement it now is ludicrous. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Megson came in and made some changes that were effective at first.

 

The style of football, combined with making the pitch less wide.   He had a certain way of motivation too, worked with some players not with others.

 

He's the type of person we should be looking at, maybe not exactly him though.     

Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane. Imagine being in the dressing room with them three.WTF::duntmatter:

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What is it with our fans, too many aspiring to have us playing like Wimbledon. That’s why we’ve ended up with someone like Monk. He says the same things about work rate and running through brick walls, but little about working with the ball. Of course you want your players to be honest, and work hard for the team, that’s a given, but what about the creative side of things? All that route one stuff was past it’s sell by date when Megson was here, so trying to implement it now is ludicrous. 

You're true, but maybe we can't risk or attract an expansive style manager currently. We might need a Megson, Pearson or a McCarthy type who also knows the club and the fans ect. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

You're true, but maybe we can't risk or attract an expansive style manager currently. We might need a Megson, Pearson or a McCarthy type who also knows the club and the fans ect. 

That is a possibility, yes, but by all means get in someone who can get the side organised, but not at the expense of discarding any attempts to play football. Think someone like Pearson would be a better bet, or a manager like that. A manager who plays with a style that we could maybe evolve from, without it needing to be such an about turn. 

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That is a possibility, yes, but by all means get in someone who can get the side organised, but not at the expense of discarding any attempts to play football. Think someone like Pearson would be a better bet, or a manager like that. A manager who plays with a style that we could maybe evolve from, without it needing to be such an about turn. 

Yeah Pearson would be the best one from those 3, but I doubt he would come.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...