Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Over the years ex players/managers and even our own fans have claimed the reason our home form is so poor is because there is a fear factor around Hillsborough when it isn't going our way and our fans are quick to jump on the players' backs instead of getting behind them

 

Our four home matches so far in the league this season have yielded just 2 points and 2 goals in our favour

 

So this myth of blaming the fanbase is a load of tosh and has firmly been put to bed. The fact is the manager and the majority of our squad aren't good enough and it has nothing to do with what goes on in the stands

I wonder if it has anything to do with other teams upping their game when they come to Hillsborough. Without wanting to sound arrogant; could it be one of the biggest games of the season for a lot of the visiting teams? If this is the case, we would generally need better players. It’s a 5h1t theory but it’s the best I can come up with now the other theory has been dispelled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with other teams upping their game when they come to Hillsborough. Without wanting to sound arrogant; could it be one of the biggest games of the season for a lot of the visiting teams? If this is the case, we would generally need better players. It’s a 5h1t theory but it’s the best I can come up with now the other theory has been dispelled. 

 

Doubt it mate, in League One it was a factor but in the Championship there are plenty of clubs of a similar size so don't see that being the case

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 22:05, Buddy Repperton said:

They certainly can't blame us for that garbage today!

 

 

If the fans are to be blamed for anything it is for being too complacent and accepting the garbage that has been frequently served served up over the years. I include myself in this.  We are being conned, and consistently allow it to happen by giving our support.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

 

 

If the fans are to be blamed for anything it is for being too complacent and accepting the garbage that has been frequently served served up over the years. I include myself in this.  We are being conned, and consistently allow it to happen by giving our support.

first bit of sense i heard in ages 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to see the stats after we got the new pitch and got rid of the slope on the pitch. The level playing has created a level playing field. Nothing for opposing teams to  get use to/throw them off balance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 22:03, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Or it could be even WORSE with the toxic fans in the ground booing their every touch

eg - it proves NOTHING mate

I wouldn’t call disgruntled fans paying the highest prices in the league for the worst football toxic . I think our fans are far too tolerant of rubbish .
when have we booed every touch ?  Bizarre comment 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 24/10/2020 at 22:27, daveyboy66 said:

The myth is TRUE...that people were backing the team but in reality were waiting for a defeat to crawl from under the rock they were hiding under to reveal their true colours...but then again we all knew that didn't we. 🤣🤣  

 

 

I wonder how many more players we will bomb out and alienate before fans realise it's not the players who are the problem

  • Like 1

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Tony Pulis

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my theory:

 

To some extent teams the away teams still have the mentality of at least hanging on to a draw. There's still more of of an onus on the home team to break down teams that sit back and keep in shape. We no longer have the quality to deal with that. Patterson, Kachunga and Windass (or Rhodes, or Marriott) must be the least threatening forward line in the division. Late last season we at least had Murphy but still had Windass and Wickham (or Rhodes) up front.

 

We just find it easier to get through teams that are willing to come at us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 22:03, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Or it could be even WORSE with the toxic fans in the ground booing their every touch

eg - it proves NOTHING mate

how the fukking hell could it be worse.

better players on paper but performances to match last season under this Bozo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, owlsdreamer said:

how the fukking hell could it be worse.



Fans get on players backs from the first five minutes, chanting for Westwood, booing our own players, we lose 8-0


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 23:22, owler66 said:

We've won 1 in 17 at home and people are still trying to defend it ffs that's the fecking problem stop it we want to be a big club so stop accepting rubbish 

Exactly this^^^^

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

 

 

If the fans are to be blamed for anything it is for being too complacent and accepting the garbage that has been frequently served served up over the years. I include myself in this.  We are being conned, and consistently allow it to happen by giving our support.

Agreed and when fans can finally return to the games i think DC is going to be very alarmed at the numbers who if this club carries on treating it's fans the way it does (rip off prices for crap quality football, refunds?)actually bother to attend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:



Fans get on players backs from the first five minutes, chanting for Westwood, booing our own players, we lose 8-0

 

I would DEFINITELY be chanting for Westwood


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Tony Pulis

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grandad said:

 

I would DEFINITELY be chanting for Westwood

 

I remember Westwood in his first game back when Bullen played him.   I was happy for him.    

 

I don't get why fans are being accused of causing issues right now though, we've not been in the ground for an age!

 

 

  • Like 1

Currently selling SheffieldFord.co.uk and BodyshopSheffield.co.uk 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 22:03, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Or it could be even WORSE with the toxic fans in the ground booing their every touch

eg - it proves NOTHING mate

I think it proves the poster is right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 22:03, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Or it could be even WORSE with the toxic fans in the ground booing their every touch

eg - it proves NOTHING mate

Think the fanbase is genuinely bored of seeing an average of one decent performance in four. Think most of us are waiting in hope that somehow the stars align and us have a period of entertaining and effective play. It is on the club to collectively start putting in a shift and getting the disenchanted majority back behind it. Give us something worth supporting and we will.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Think the fanbase is genuinely bored of seeing an average of one decent performance in four. Think most of us are waiting in hope that somehow the stars align and us have a period of entertaining and effective play. It is on the club to collectively start putting in a shift and getting the disenchanted majority back behind it. Give us something worth supporting and we will.

 

 

Amen to that

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...