Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, IWEDFM said:

Over the years ex players/managers and even our own fans have claimed the reason our home form is so poor is because there is a fear factor around Hillsborough when it isn't going our way and our fans are quick to jump on the players' backs instead of getting behind them

 

Our four home matches so far in the league this season have yielded just 2 points and 2 goals in our favour

 

So this myth of blaming the fanbase is a load of tosh and has firmly been put to bed. The fact is the manager and the majority of our squad aren't good enough and it has nothing to do with what goes on in the stands

 

 

Or it could be even WORSE with the toxic fans in the ground booing their every touch

eg - it proves NOTHING mate

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Or it could be even WORSE with the toxic fans in the ground booing their every touch

eg - it proves NOTHING mate

 

Obviously booing and shouting insults for 90 minutes won't help the team but even without the fans there isn't any improvement on the pitch. I would have expected the team to play more freely and at least test a side like Luton on our own patch

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Said it for years that it was myth 

 

It's just a easy copout for players 

 

The reality is some players can't deal with bigger crowds 

 

Easier to blame the fans init 

 

Hang on haven't you proved that the 'myth' is true.   

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Over the years ex players/managers and even our own fans have claimed the reason our home form is so poor is because there is a fear factor around Hillsborough when it isn't going our way and our fans are quick to jump on the players' backs instead of getting behind them

 

Our four home matches so far in the league this season have yielded just 2 points and 2 goals in our favour

 

So this myth of blaming the fanbase is a load of tosh and has firmly been put to bed. The fact is the manager and the majority of our squad aren't good enough and it has nothing to do with what goes on in the stands

Agree...there’s quite a few fans very quiet tonight..get behind the lads...your booin doesn’t help...stay away If you don’t want to be a proper supporter,,etc etc..it’s allway# the same mob who continue to back a crap manager till they realise they ar3 wrong

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

It is a myth. We generally perform well when there’s 30k plus in attendance. Fan blaming is just another poor excuse.


Correct. 
 

Our record over the past decade or so with the crowds over 30k is pretty good. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

To look at it another way...

 

Isn't it more that a vociferous and encouraging home support can lead to better performances; marginal decisions going your way etc...?

 

Up and down the leagues, home form has dipped during these crowd-less matches, with the odd exception...including Hillsborough.

 

Let's face it - we're hardly the loudest and most positive crowd, are we? The fact that nothing's changed without us lot there suggests that our presence in normal times has no positive impact on the team, which is worrying.

 

:ph34r:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The myth is TRUE...that people were backing the team but in reality were waiting for a defeat to crawl from under the rock they were hiding under to reveal their true colours...but then again we all knew that didn't we. 🤣🤣  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

The myth is TRUE...that people were backing the team but in reality were waiting for a defeat to crawl from under the rock they were hiding under to reveal their true colours...but then again we all knew that didn't we. 🤣🤣  

 

 

Your record seems to have stuck again mate

 

lol

 

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

The myth is TRUE...that people were backing the team but in reality were waiting for a defeat to crawl from under the rock they were hiding under to reveal their true colours...but then again we all knew that didn't we. 🤣🤣  

Are you happy with the way things are going under Monk?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...