Nothing from the last two games gives me any confidence we will take anything from either of these games. Away at Rotherham mid week and a team yet to win in the championship, it has all the hallmarks of a depressing further two games without return.

• Like 1

As others have said, 4 points minimum, or I dread to think how big the hole will be by the end of November's fixtures. A nightmare month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 24/10/2020 at 21:04, poite said:

I'm going to be honest and say I still think sacking monk right now would be wrong. 

But these next two games are vital. I don't mean that in that they will make or break our season, there's far too much to go yet, but getting nothing or very little from these next two games will give zero confidence to anyone anymore that we will remain in this division. 

The games might not be do or die for swfc but realistically they should be for GM

Whislt agreeing in part, I think they may be very make or break over our season. We arnt winning games at home and the next two sides along with Luton we just got beaten by are very likely to be part of that bottom six come the end of the season. This means there 6 pointers especially in our current minus situation. 

As for monk I was willing to give him while Christmas to prove me wrong, but if we don't start wining some games at home and are still adrift by the end of November for me he needs the boot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wycombe and Rotherham are the worst two teams in the league.

If we can't beat them then you have to question where the 60 plus points we will need to stay up will come from.

On the up side if we can get 6 points we'll be on plus points and likely off the bottom. That would be a big confidence boost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Luton , Rotherham and Wycombe are matches we needed 6 points from , these are teams that will be around the bottom 6 so it's vital we take points of them .

Now we've lost to Luton it's going to make it very hard to gain 2 wins  especially considering our lack of fit centre halves and midfield players , getting Brown , iorfa and lees back will be a boost but it's doubtful all will be available this week.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

The really sad thing is, Wycombe and Rotherham supporters are probably thinking playing us is a winnable game at the moment. 

The Rotherham supporter alan will no doubt be on here shortly as well.

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Whislt agreeing in part, I think they may be very make or break over our season. We arnt winning games at home and the next two sides along with Luton we just got beaten by are very likely to be part of that bottom six come the end of the season. This means there 6 pointers especially in our current minus situation. 

As for monk I was willing to give him while Christmas to prove me wrong, but if we don't start wining some games at home and are still adrift by the end of November for me he needs the boot. 

Xmas I fear will be too late,but imo Monk will be here next seasonin Div 1,dont think the chairman will get rid..

It will depend on who is available to play.

IF Iorfa, Lees and Brown are available the we will win.

If those 3 are playing and sort out the midfield we are ok.

How many teams could lose 4 main player's and play well, look at Liverpool on saturday or Brentford with out Toney playing well.

Let us pray that some of the injured players returned to the side.

Without them and following the woeful Saturday performance, I will dread what the 2 fixtures will bring,

1 hour ago, brando said:

Xmas I fear will be too late,but imo Monk will be here next seasonin Div 1,dont think the chairman will get rid..

If results carry on in a similar vein and were struggling to avoid the drop st Christmas we'll be in serious trouble. 

Even DC's slow to react button I think will be pressed and the axe will fall for monk. Surely DC's advisors or he himself won't want us dropping down as financially it would be a disaster and incredibly costly to finance at best only one season down in division 1.

Even he must have looked into the financial losses it would bring. 

• Like 1