Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, 0114 said:

The Flint one was making my head hurt.

 

Our only way of transitioning the ball from defence to attack was trying to lump it to our CB at RW. 

 

It’s the most over complicated system I’ve ever seen. When things aren’t going well you need to get back to basics. We are a team devoid of confidence and lost for ideas. 

Its laughable as much as it is embarrassing, it really is Sunday league stuff.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 0114 said:

The Flint one was making my head hurt.

 

Our only way of transitioning the ball from defence to attack was trying to lump it to our CB at RW. 

 

It’s the most over complicated system I’ve ever seen. When things aren’t going well you need to get back to basics. We are a team devoid of confidence and lost for ideas. 

Or clues..

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


Kachunga looks a very poor player, don’t know what he did to warrant a start. 

 

He's struggling. Wonder if Monk has considered turning him into a wing-back, or even a centre-back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure that we have any tactics. 
Also... I thought that Beattie was going to turn our strikers into.... well... strikers.

We have lots of forwards but none of them seem to have a flippin clue.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are going to be a long ball team then be that, hoof it up field, massive strong players, win the 2nd ball. 

 

We are just nothing, we play crap football without fully committing to the hoof ball style and end been well, nothing, just utter dross.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deano said:

If you are going to be a long ball team then be that, hoof it up field, massive strong players, win the 2nd ball. 

 

We are just nothing, we play crap football without fully committing to the hoof ball style and end been well, nothing, just utter dross.

 

The style doesn't suit us at all. Like it or not we are long ball - the stats say we play less short passes than most and more long balls than most at this level.

 

Imagine being a long ball team without a target man or midfield hustlers. Does Monk still think he has put Fletcher in the team every game? 

Edited by hirstyboywonder
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

I’m not sure that we have any tactics. 
Also... I thought that Beattie was going to turn our strikers into.... well... strikers.

We have lots of forwards but none of them seem to have a flippin clue.


Strikers rely on service for a good few years now for a striker to succeed at Wednesday they need to get the ball hoofed up to them take it down on the chest 40 yards out from goal, turn and take on 4 defenders before smashing one into the top corner from the edge of the box. We just need somebody that can do that 30 times a season and we are laughing.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've supported Monk upto today, but I just switched off when they scored I've seen some bad performances during my 60 years of watching and this was up with them.

I dont think he knows what to do anymore.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

His brand of football is honestly some of the worst I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough and that’s no mean feat considering we’ve been rubbish for 20 years. Football that makes your eyes bleed and doesn’t get results... what’s the point?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

...Bannan and Pellupessy together anywhere near midfield..and then adding Reach. Other managers must just look and laugh. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The football we are playing at the moment looks like it has come out of a museum. Hoofball and relying on long throws ala Wimbledon in the 80s.

This awful to watch but I could put up with it if it was getting us results, but we just don't have the players to play this way.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a strike force of non-scoring strikers.

In addition to this, we don't create many chances. 

We have no idea how to attack teams.

 

It's no surprise we are seeing Sheffield Wednesday-nil in our home games. 

 

Something drastically needs to change in our home tactics. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

The football we are playing at the moment looks like it has come out of a museum. Hoofball and relying on long throws ala Wimbledon in the 80s.

This awful to watch but I could put up with it if it was getting us results, but we just don't have the players to play this way.

 

That's it. Sacrificing some style for substance in our position would be understandable. We have no style and very little of any substance either. 

 

The means are not being justified by the end. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

We have a strike force of non-scoring strikers.

In addition to this, we don't create many chances. 

We have no idea how to attack teams.

 

It's no surprise we are seeing Sheffield Wednesday-nil in our home games. 

 

Something drastically needs to change in our home tactics. 

 

 

 

A new manager

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

1. Paterson taking long throws

2. Flint going forward goal kicks (WTAF)

Don't mind number one really, his throw is excellent. 

 

However, the second one is just ridiculous. When I saw it I had flashbacks to Hutch playing attacking midfield at Wigan again. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

I’m not sure that we have any tactics. 
Also... I thought that Beattie was going to turn our strikers into.... well... strikers.

We have lots of forwards but none of them seem to have a flippin clue.


what are they working with though? The service is abysmal

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yes if he insists on starting that waste of space Pelupessy surely he should have against Brentford and Hunt today. 


If Joey was a waste of space today, what were Kachunga, Marriot, Paterson and Odubajo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

...Bannan and Pellupessy together anywhere near midfield..and then adding Reach. Other managers must just look and laugh. 


Who would you have played today in midfield?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:


If Joey was a waste of space today, what were Kachunga, Marriot, Paterson and Odubajo?

Hard to blame the players when half of them are played out of position. The problems start with the formation and tactics then they snowball.

 

I’d go with 4-4-2, or at the very least 4 at the back. Not convinced we have the players to play the 4-3-3 type formation because we don’t have wide forwards who score and create. 
 

At least in a 4-4-2 our problems are reduced to no left back, ‘Bannan being unable to play in a 2’ and our wingers being off the boil. I’m sure the strikers would find it easier, and players like Reach, Harris, Kachunga, Palmer and Odubajo wouldn’t be out of position

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...