Sympathy for the players

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Starting to feel for some of our players. I don’t personally see a lack of effort or commitment. Overall we have average Championship players giving their best. I don’t believe they are being given the opportunity to perform to their personal levels. As a result they are receiving unfair stick. Examples would be:

Dawson. Should never have been exposed as a “work in progress” thrown into a struggling team. Not ready for this level (may never be) but that’s not his fault. 
Moses. Signed as one of the divisions brightest wing-backs by a manager who promptly quit to pursue his dream job. Publicly written off by Monk. Repeatedly picked, dropped & picked again. Finally picked in a position that clearly doesn’t suit him and again exposed. 
Harris. Signed as a right midfielder, occasional inside forward. Started brightly in his first dozen games albeit on the flank where he is less comfortable. Promptly converted to a wing-back which exposes his weaknesses ( tackling & positional sense ) and again on the wrong flank which compounds the problems of his weaker foot (attacking and defending)

Joey. Apparently out of his depth but never given a consistent run of games to find his feet. Only really given his opportunity as a last resort whereby the shape and structure of the team is already weakened. 
Fizzy. Given his debut as soon as he arrived having never played a meaningful first team game. Struggled a little and was was instantly dropped, no doubt denting his confidence. Subsequent opportunities have been cameos in a team playing hoof ball, by-passing our own midfield giving him little chance to get on the ball and play. Imagine the culture shock from the City academy!!! 
Bannan. Too often finding himself in positions like Wednesday night and again today where he is culpable for goals conceded due to his lack of physical presence. Again playing in a hoof ball team and permitted by his manager to drop deeper and deeper where he is less and less effective. I don’t fully absolve Bannan from blame but he could be utilised and managed so much better.  
Marriott. Signed as a “fox in the box”. Returned a decent goal tally at Peterborough and Derby playing off a target man. Here he is used as an inside forward in a front 3 (or 2-1/2, who knows ? ? ?) Possibly not received a pass to feet since he arrived, certainly not received a pass into space which could lead to a shot on goal. Left chasing lost causes. I’m sure he was determined to get back on track when he came here but already being written off by some. 
Reach. Don’t get me started

There are others ! ! ! 

To conclude. We have square pegs in round holes, no consistency in selection, poor man management, lack of “football logic” from the coaching team and I feel for the players. 

Sorry for rambling but I saw my first Owls game in 1979 and despite all the ups and downs I’ve never felt so disenfranchised or bereft of hope as I do now. 

Couldn’t say it better myself

We could have Aguero and Aubameyang up front if we don’t pass them the ball they ain’t gonna look like scoring

Monk makes Jos look decent who was the worst manager I’ve seen in my 30 years