Irvine, Jos, Monk

On 24/10/2020 at 18:14, Lincs Owl said:

IRVINE?

What are you on about?   We scored bags of goal under Irvine.

His last game was the 3-5 loss at Peterborough.  A month before, we beat Bris Rovers 6-2.  Just before that, we beat Walsall 3-0 and the week before, won 4-1 at MK Dons.   Earlier in the season we won 5-0 at Hartlepool.   In the FA Cup we played 4 games under him in 2010-11, scoring FIFTEEN goals to five against, before losing 0-3 at Brum in the 5th round, under new manager Gary Megson.  We got another NINE goals in the FA Trophy, where we made the semi-final.

Unfortunately our defence took this type of entertainment to new levels, and conceded even more.

At least we used to get some excitement.   Toothless in defence maybe.

But it's the most unresearched opening posts I've seen for a while.   

We were free scoring in some games and completely bereft of any attacking ideas in others, remember the Yeovil at home game where we just kept pumping long straight looped balls into the box struggling to score against 9 man Yeovil.

On 24/10/2020 at 18:01, Andrew_Owl said:

During the time of all 3 being here the club just seems so negative, boring, rubbish football, toothless in attack, not strong enough in defence. 

Irvine at least knew the game and did more with a vastly poorer squad.

Don’t get me wrong I was delighted to see the back of Irvine and Jos, but will be happier when Monk goes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pussface said:

Wasn’t there a window of opportunity before the ban?

I'm not sure, maybe. I remember we had a chance to get him cheap, like around 500k, but we left it and his price was then over a million. Something to do with his loan, like we had a certain time frame to buy him. I think now we had the ban and when the ban was released we couldn't get him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eastern said:

Irvine at least knew the game and did more with a vastly poorer squad.

Don’t get me wrong I was delighted to see the back of Irvine and Jos, but will be happier when Monk goes.

This,  we’ve had almost 11 months under Monk of terrible garbage football that is not getting any better despite him having two transfer windows to improve things. 

It’s the worst time to be an owls fan in my 28 years of support.  Starting on -12 points,  Chansiri as owner, monk as manager, Harris and pelupessy in the starting line up.  It’s all terrible and a very sad time.  Just depressing 

On 24/10/2020 at 18:15, jonnyowl said:

Teams that play negative football never succeed.

We need a manager who can install attacking football!

To be fair we did set off last night to attack and had chances the loss of flint changed the game the defence at the moment is at best patches up.

Lees did us no favours in taking a red card.

It ended up with full backs playing as centre backs ,wingers play in as full backs and with 10 men ,we desperately need to get players back early Luongo,Brown and all the central defence who's going to play at the back at the weekend?

I thought Dawson lost the plot last night and Wildsmith needs to be given a chance.

Edited by akbuk