Irvine, Jos, Monk

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Monk is doing a grand job in making Jos look like a good manager.  

To be fair to Jos he had to deal with having more players out injured than there were fit and an embargo.

You have to admit Monk is dedicated to replicating that scenario though? Why else would he spend what little budget we have on players who are already injured?

We simply haven't got the players.

The managers are using the tools provided or available. 

We don't put pressure on the man receiving the ball.

We put pressure on the man, after he's received the ball.

We allow time for players to comfortably receive the ball < thats the biggest problem we face and it comes from scouting and bad transfer decisions.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

We allow time for players to comfortably receive the ball < thats the biggest problem we face and it comes from scouting and bad transfer decisions.

Not bad coaching?

On 25/10/2020 at 06:01, Andrew_Owl said:

During the time of all 3 being here the club just seems so negative, boring, rubbish football, toothless in attack, not strong enough in defence. 

Both Dross and Irvine have better records than Monk, that alone is a stackable offense.

To have a record worse than those 2 takes a special kind of bad.

• Haha 1

On 24/10/2020 at 18:37, SallyCinnamon said:

Jos has a better win percentage than Monk. So statistically his managerial reign was better.

If we were allowed in the grounds, no doubt this spell under Monk since March will have felt far worse than Jos.

Not signing Fred full time really set Jos back imo

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Coach them to do it then!

• Love 1

I watched the Monk interview with Alan Biggs the other week. Now someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure he said the he could foresee the problems that the club could and went on to have in the second half of last season and he told the Chairman this early on in the piece?

Now would a decent manager think ahead to put plans next place to head off these problems or have contingency plans to take the edge off should they arise?

From the outside looking in Monk did neither? Which gives arguably even more evidence to the argument that he’s not up to the task here plus since he went public with these incisive views, performances and results have dipped again. He really is f***ing clueless?

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Coach them to do it then!

Coach donkeys to turn into players as fit as Mane, Salah and Firminho? 

Thats an extreme example but if you look at Southampton, Ings, Adams and Long are like electric.

It's not part of our recruitment policy to bring in this kind of athletic ability. 

46 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Coach donkeys to turn into players as fit as Mane, Salah and Firminho? 

Thats an extreme example but if you look at Southampton, Ings, Adams and Long are like electric.

It's not part of our recruitment policy to bring in this kind of athletic ability. 

A good manager would either identify players to play a certain system or, play a system that gets the best out of the players available.

A good manager would coach the team to play a certain way.

Monk's done none of these!

And that's the biggest problem I have with Monk, I see nothing in games which suggest any sort of playing style is being implemented. What do they do in training?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

He couldn't as we were under an embargo. I was hoping he came back this season though. Unfortunately we signed a player with a broken leg instead, that's going well so far. 

Wasn’t there a window of opportunity before the ban?

• Thanks 1