Irvine, Jos, Monk

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I never thought I'd ever see another Wednesday manager with a worse record than Jos. 

Step forward Gary Monk. 

It took a room full of fans to beg Chansiri to get rid of him aswell. 

Worrying how bad it may have to be for Chansiri to pull the trigger on his own. 

• Like 2

Performances,  and the hands they were dealt in the transfer market. Jos >>>>> Irvine >>>>> Monk

Jos bought 1 player and 2 loans. Absolute peanuts compared

Irvine and monk had decent transfer windows but where one was defensively inept, the current just looks inept

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Performances,  and the hands they were dealt in the transfer market. Jos >>>>> Irvine >>>>> Monk

Jos bought 1 player and 2 loans. Absolute peanuts compared

Irvine and monk had decent transfer windows but where one was defensively inept, the current just looks inept

Irvine had peanuts to spend, if that.

On 24/10/2020 at 18:53, 0114 said:

It took a room full of fans to beg Chansiri to get rid of him aswell. 

Worrying how bad it may have to be for Chansiri to pull the trigger on his own. 

I remember reading something on here a few months ago that chansiri was talking with bruce before that.

On 25/10/2020 at 02:05, Pulcinella said:

You can't blame Monk for all the injuries to defence. Teams lose games. Just bad that Wednesday seem to make it a habit of losing games you'd chalk in as a win.

No but you can blame him for signing a player with a broken leg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I remember reading something on here a few months ago that chansiri was talking with bruce before that.

Yeah that’s right to be fair. We was linked with Steve Bruce long before he was appointed manager, we was also linked with Mick McCarthy at the time aswell before he was eventually sacked. 

Just think this season of all seasons we can’t afford to be making a decision too late. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Yeah that’s right to be fair. We was linked with Steve Bruce long before he was appointed manager, we was also linked with Mick McCarthy at the time aswell before he was eventually sacked. 

Just think this season of all seasons we can’t afford to be making a decision too late. 

I would have preferred Big Mick looking back, I would still take him now. I think something is happening though, hopefully. 

• Like 1

Just now, Incognito Owl said:

I would have preferred Big Mick looking back, I would still take him now. I think something is happening though, hopefully. 

I would take Mick. Think he’s got a bit of a bad reputation but he always seem to do well where ever he is. It’s a job for an experienced manager. Just got to hope DC feels the same. 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2020 at 20:31, Andrew_Owl said:

Irvine had peanuts to spend, if that.

Spent more and brought in more than Jos  - Think he brought in 12 players and spent about £1.5m? I mean, not as much compared to some I agree .. but looks like could be the most out of all the Managers, with Jos spending what on Joey, £400-£500k? And Monk spending about £1m ish and bringing in 9 ..

• Thanks 1

On 24/10/2020 at 18:14, Lincs Owl said:

IRVINE?

What are you on about?   We scored bags of goal under Irvine.

His last game was the 3-5 loss at Peterborough.  A month before, we beat Bris Rovers 6-2.  Just before that, we beat Walsall 3-0 and the week before, won 4-1 at MK Dons.   Earlier in the season we won 5-0 at Hartlepool.   In the FA Cup we played 4 games under him in 2010-11, scoring FIFTEEN goals to five against, before losing 0-3 at Brum in the 5th round, under new manager Gary Megson.  We got another NINE goals in the FA Trophy, where we made the semi-final.

Unfortunately our defence took this type of entertainment to new levels, and conceded even more.

At least we used to get some excitement.   Toothless in defence maybe.

But it's the most unresearched opening posts I've seen for a while.   

Yeah, didn't he used to get us into "nightmare two-nil leads" or was that Laws?