Iorfa, Lees, Luongo, Brown

Could these 4 be in contention for Wednesday night &/or next Saturday?

We simply can’t afford to be missing these players, especially during periods of the season you’d consider to be slightly easier in terms of picking up points. Without Brown, 3-5-2 simply doesn’t work.

Even with Monk in charge, I think we’d have won today if our strongest 11 was available.

Just now, Crofty_11 said:

Could these 4 be in contention for Wednesday night &/or next Saturday?

We simply can’t afford to be missing these players, especially during periods of the season you’d consider to be slightly easier in terms of picking up points. Without Brown, 3-5-2 simply doesn’t work.

Even with Monk in charge, I think we’d have won today if our strongest 11 was available.

They're injured aren't they?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, striker said:

I don't see us picking up many points if they're not

When you’ve got a manager as bad as Monk in charge, your only hope is that you can field your strongest 11 in key games. They need to be ready for Wednesday night if we’ve got any chance of getting out of this mess.

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

We’re desperate for them to come back

Today was probably the worst Wednesday performance I’ve seen and I’ve been watching this rubbish since 81

How many games have you seen in the past year?

Brentford away March 2020, 3-0 down at half-time, 5-0 result.

Blackburn home January 2020, 3-0 down at half-time - 5-0 result.

Reading home, February 2020, 3-0.

Derby home, February 2020, 3-0 down at half-time. An inspired Monk half-time team talk enabled us to only lose 3-1

The Luton and Wigan away games lat season - utter tripe.

Middlesbrough home, last game of last season, contrived to lose 2-1 to a team playing for a draw.

The recent game against QPR was only marginally better than todays performance.

Plenty of contenders unfortunately. 

Monk has been inept without Fletcher. He has one approach to the game regardless of formation and it only worked when we had an effective target man.  

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If the system was right we’d have still got a result today.

Clubs get injuries. There is no excuse for losing at home to Luton.

Any game can be lost in isolation. The fact is the manner of our home performances is abject and negative at best.

Luton also had key players out injured today.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Any game can be lost in isolation. The fact is the manner of our home performances is abject and negative at best.

Luton also had key players out injured today.

Nope. In our predicament that was a must win for me. If we can’t win it at least get a draw. To lose today is pathetic and to lose in the manner we did is worse. We offered absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're injured aren't they?

I think the question was whether any of them will have recovered  in time for our next two games.

As Brown and Iorfa seem to be back in training this week the answer ought to be  yes, along with Palmer, an un used sub today.

These players are missed but not where we need some inspiration up front, we just struggle to creat chances and look so easy for opposition to defend against us.

None of forwards look like scoring. 

I can't see current squad of players going on the run we need to escape relegation, odd decent away performance isn't going to be enough. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Crofty_11 said:

Could these 4 be in contention for Wednesday night &/or next Saturday?impossible to say bud..

Impossible to say bud..we look done..

27 minutes ago, deano said:

Didn't help us before they were injured. Monk is the problem.

I think he is part of the problem, the others are Chairman (part), Players and Coaching Staff. 

As fans we deserve more. I know all fans of different clubs say the same but with our setup we should be in or about the Premiership now. 

At the moment we hope for the best but fear the worst, it feels like we are cursed. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brando said:

We look done..

Yep, the huddles and positive tweets in the summer sun only count for so much. The manner of performance and body language on the pitch tells the real story.