Monk supporters

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would love someone to name one positive thing Garry Monk has done as Wednesday manager.

Has he improved any of our players? Has he got us playing exciting football? Has he signed quality players? Do we have a style and identity to the way we play? 

Genuinely. What is it Monk has done which thinks he can turn around his horrible Wednesday record? 

Hes signed very good players under the circumstances.  If any other team on minus 12 signed those names objectively you would say well done,you're having a go at this.

I am worried tactically though even more so after today

Just now, new zealand owl said:

Hes signed very good players under the circumstances.  If any other team on minus 12 signed those names objectively you would say well done,you're having a go at this.

That’s the biggest positive to be fair. 

On paper I think we have got some decent players. Much better than I anticipated after the points deduction. 

Another manager would be confident of keeping this side up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

I will continue to back this manager.

Sorting the mess out that is SWFC will not happen overnight.

What I am genuinely concerned about though is this; if Monk is sacked, who selects our next manager? Chansiri?? That's the real problem here imo, we don't have an experienced football led leadership.

Completely agree on both fronts. Monk needs and I believe will get to the end of December.

In terms of leadership, I’ve said as many times as I can, we need a British DoF. 

1 minute ago, new zealand owl said:

Who signed them him or the recruitment team? Jury is still out on all the players he’s signed. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

If it wasn't for the 12 point deduction we would be 16th which sounds about where we should be.

With the amount of changes since last season and more modest budget performances like today will happen every now and then.

Over hauling 12 points to stay up wasnt going to be done over 7 games. Still 85% of season left.

Would give Monk until Christmas myself.

I agree with the first paragraph of your post, 100%. Why any Wednesday fan is looking at our squad and expecting much more than mid-table form, I'm not sure. We've lost much of the genuine quality we had due to budget restraints, and if we're going to overhaul the points deduction our previous spending earned us, then we'll have to do it the hard way with the squad we currently have.

As for your second paragraph however, I'm not so sure.

I've counselled patience and realism on here in recent months, but that can only extend so far. For me, today's result and performance have rendered the next two games crucial: we simply have to pick up at least a win and a draw, otherwise there'll just be no way any of could defend the start we've made.

The odds are already so stacked against us that losing to two or more of Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe at this stage of the season would warrant a gamble on a change of approach in my opinion. We'd have little to lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who signed them him or the recruitment team? Jury is still out on all the players he’s signed. 

I'm sure he's had a big input on the signings and they've only been together for a handful of games so of course the jury us out but we should give him credit for that in isolation.

I agree with your sentiment though, the negatives are starting to mount up or in some cases have been there all along.

3 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I'm sure he's had a big input on the signings and they've only been together for a handful of games so of course the jury us out but we should give him credit for that in isolation.

I agree with your sentiment though, the negatives are starting to mount up or in some cases have been there all along.

Players join for money at the end of the day. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’ve supposedly got rid of all the high earners, Monk has been allowed to bring in his own coaching staff and players this summer - what else needs changing? Seriously? 

The performances are the same as last season. The manager just isn’t good enough. 

Give him a chance! He's only just got his backroom staff sorted through no fault of his own.

Thus is going to take a while to fix, for Monk or anybody else.

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Give him a chance! He's only just got his backroom staff sorted through no fault of his own.

Thus is going to take a while to fix, for Monk or anybody else.

Next you'll be saying Rhodes just needs a run of games to get firing again. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How?

By hoping that what the manager does get us results and positive performances and proves us doubters wrong.

When that doesn't happen you can hardly expect us to clap and say 'unlucky Garry, who'd have thought your hoofball tactics with no target to play up to and playing loads of players out of position wouldn't work, better luck next time'!

Monkmanface

Not keen on these divisive threads. 

Have your own opinion but be prepared to own it that’s all. I gave DC and CC the benefit of the doubt for two long when others had already seen the light. I was wrong. On JL I was also to keen to back DC’s judgement when the warning signs were there.

Now, to me at least everything is flashing “DANGER” if Monk stays and to be fair, the same if he goes, but go is looking like the right thing to do even if it’s not 100% fair.

If this fight goes to the wire I think there are elements of the fan base that will forgive it. If we don’t make a fight of it that’s another story.

Monk has had bad luck, yes. But we seem to be an “unlucky” club. We can’t afford to have an unlucky manager too.....

Anyway, Monk in, Monk out nothing is served well by us turning on each other over a decision none of us can make. DC is already presiding over a dire tenure that could be about to get much worse.

• Like 1