Monk supporters

Just now, Stripes or die said:

We have always played better away from home than at Hillsborough, not only under Monk.

As I said, IF we sack him, who picks his replacement? We'll be having the same conversation in 6 month's time. That's the real problem here.

1 home win in 16. That is our worst run of form since the 1960s at home! 

If it wasn't for the 12 point deduction we would be 16th which sounds about where we should be.

With the amount of changes since last season and more modest budget performances like today will happen every now and then.

Over hauling 12 points to stay up wasnt going to be done over 7 games. Still 85% of season left.

Would give Monk until Christmas myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

1 home win in 16. That is our worst run of form since the 1960s at home! 

I know, you said that. I'm saying I don't think sacking the manager solves the real issues we have at our club.

I don't like losing any more than other Wednesday fans, but there are deeper issues here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If it wasn't for the 12 point deduction we would be 16th which sounds about where we should be.

With the amount of changes since last season and more modest budget performances like today will happen every now and then.

Over hauling 12 points to stay up wasnt going to be done over 7 games. Still 85% of season left.

We will be dead and buried by Christmas mate. It will be too late. 

• Like 1

Just now, Elderly Owl said:

No you can’t. The manager is an integral part of the team.

Garry Monk..fall on your sword..you've done nowt anywhere,made big money,destroyed Laudrups Swansea team..etc..etc..you will take us down if you stay..******** off..

• Like 1

I was willing to give him time to bring in his own players and coaching staff, until that happened all judgement was reserved.

Now that he’s had that opportunity its time for him to go. Nothing’s changed, we don’t have a plan or style of football. The players look like they just go out there and blag it because they don’t know what they’re meant to be doing. 

He got rid of the bad attitudes, brought in his own players but we are just the same as we were 12 months ago.

Im now genuinely worried that if he stays then we will go down. How long do we let it go on, for me we’ve got to be looking for his replacement now. Two massive games this week, if we don’t win them both we are bang in trouble.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

QPR was a performance like today, Brentford was more effort but no quality, turns out they are not the world beaters some made them out to be, 2nd half against Bristol City & Watford were performances like today. 

The every now and again performances are ones where we don't play like this! 

26 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

I will continue to back this manager.

Sorting the mess out that is SWFC will not happen overnight.

What I am genuinely concerned about though is this; if Monk is sacked, who selects our next manager? Chansiri?? That's the real problem here imo, we don't have an experienced football led leadership.

Exactly. 

11 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

I know, you said that. I'm saying I don't think sacking the manager solves the real issues we have at our club.

I don't like losing any more than other Wednesday fans, but there are deeper issues here.

We do have deeper issues. But Monk’s tactics and the way he sets the team up are the first problem we need to address.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We do have deeper issues. But Monk’s tactics and the way he sets the team up are the first problem we need to address.

I think the priority is trying to sort out the club. Whether it's Monk or another manager, until that is sorted they will not have a chance

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

I think the priority is trying to sort out the club. Whether it's Monk or another manager, until that is sorted they will not have a chance

We’ve supposedly got rid of all the high earners, Monk has been allowed to bring in his own coaching staff and players this summer - what else needs changing? Seriously? 

The performances are the same as last season. The manager just isn’t good enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’ve supposedly got rid of all the high earners, Monk has been allowed to bring in his own coaching staff and players this summer - what else needs changing? Seriously? 

The performances are the same as last season. The manager just isn’t good enough. 

This is it. I dont understand why people keep saying.. the club needs to change to fix things. Change what? There is literally nothing left. Monk has been backed. His tactics are atrocious. Square pegs in round holes. Over and over. He never learns. Never changes. Never modifies his approach. He's dour. He's unlikable. He doesn't motivate the fan base let alone the players. 

Monk out.

Just now, Spondon Owl said:

This is it. I dont understand why people keep saying.. the club needs to change to fix things. Change what? There is literally nothing left. Monk has been backed. His tactics are atrocious. Square pegs in round holes. Over and over. He never learns. Never changes. Never modifies his approach. He's dour. He's unlikable. He doesn't motivate the fan base let alone the players. 

Monk out.

To Chansiri’s credit he’s backed Monk as well as he can this season. It is a drop in quality from the Carlos team, but the squad still has quality and experience at this level if used correctly. 

Monk’s tactics is what let’s us down. 

• Like 2

Ultimately Monk will go, just as surely as Carlos did.

The problem with Chansiri is that he clings on too long.

Surely any belief in unbreakable, oriental chairman - manager loyalty is now shattered since Bruce stabbed him in the back.

At least let's hope so, or we're doomed.

43 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

In your opinion they are...? 

Chansiri bought this club as be an investment to make money in the short/medium term. No more no less. He's not a football man.

That plan has failed. There is no plan B.

There is no football leadership at the club 

• Like 4