Monk supporters

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So you want us to lose games to get rid of the manager?

Right now, no. I'm still just about on the fence with Monk.

I've wanted us to lose games in the short term for longer term benefit (eg getting rid of the likes of Yorath), though.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Indeed. 

We are in the process of peeling back the onion layers. 

Behind each one, there was an excuse.

Trouble is, we've nearly pulled all the onion layers off and there's not many more excuses left. 

Unpopular view but bannan should have gone as well. He sits too deep, creates very little, doesn't support the strikers and most worryingly gets the ball all the time. He makes us so predictable...

He can go with monk for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The alternative is not supporting the team 

Is that what you advocate?

No its not.

You can still support the team, whilst thinking the Manager isn't good enough and needs to go.

I'm at the stage where I think it's time for him to go.

Do I want him to prove me wrong and us go on a long winning streak?

Damn right I do! (Hopefully he proves me wrong, IdI'd I'd be quite happy to eat humble pie and admit my current opinion of him is wrong) 

But whoevers in charge (Yes Even Colin) I'd still support the team.

Btw not supporting the Manager isn't the same as constantly slagging him which certain People seem to revel in. UTO!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

No its not.

You can still support the team, whilst thinking the Manager isn't good enough and needs to go.

I'm at the stage where I think it's time for him to go.

Do I want him to prove me wrong and us go on a long winning streak?

Damn right I do! (Hopefully he proves me wrong, IdI'd I'd be quite happy to eat humble pie and admit my current opinion of him is wrong) 

But whoevers in charge (Yes Even Colin) I'd still support the team.

Btw not supporting the Manager isn't the same as constantly slagging him which certain People seem to revel in. UTO!

Fair points mate - well said

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Theboylangers
3 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Unpopular view but bannan should have gone as well. He sits too deep, creates very little, doesn't support the strikers and most worryingly gets the ball all the time. He makes us so predictable...

I absolutely get your view here and I've sometimes thought the same.

What I don't understand is that every pundit and many supporters of other teams would love Bannan in their side. 

Which suggests to me that Monk doesn't know how to utilise his undoubted craft when Bannan has the ball. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Grow up - my views are irrelevant

Ah, the usual 'grow up' when something hits home, ever considered Chansiri might consider you represent the average fan...and hence changes nothing, including sacking Monk. Just because we take no notice of your slavish devotion to Monk does not mean that is true of everyone else.

7 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Undoubtedly a big player for us, but thought he was poor today. Shirked a few tackles and looked slow in his decision making. 

It's a fair point, when Bannan plays subconsciously allows others to hide a little as it's an easy ball to give it to Bannan to absolve responsibility, expecting him to create something. To be fair, he usually is our creative outlet, but an off day today. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

I’ll support him until he leaves. Then again I’m a lifelong Sheffield Wednesday supporter.

Lose three players in one game, one beforehand and a midfield partner for Bannan the following week and then whine on about the Manager? Really?

I suggest the haters all go and watch Le*ds or Manure or Dem Blades.

Garry Monk will keep us up this season. Why anyone on here pretends to know more about his side than he does is way beyond me!

if you can’t stand it anymore I suggest you support somebody else.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Ah, the usual 'grow up' when something hits home, ever considered Chansiri might consider you represent the average fan...and hence changes nothing, including sacking Monk. Just because we take no notice of your slavish devotion to Monk does not mean that is true of everyone else.

3 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Suggest you find a new site?

Owls hate.com  would suit you- or you could just watch tennis.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Undoubtedly a big player for us, but thought he was poor today. Shirked a few tackles and looked slow in his decision making. 

It's a fair point, when Bannan plays subconsciously allows others to hide a little as it's an easy ball to give it to Bannan to absolve responsibility, expecting him to create something. To be fair, he usually is our creative outlet, but an off day today. 

If we get Brown back, Bannan will be allowed breathing space as responsibility will be shared. We will see the best of Bannan then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Grow up mate.

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So you want us to lose games to get rid of the manager?

We need to lose a battle to win the war. 

If we have to lose a game to get the manager replaced by someone who will save us from relegation then losing that one game would have been well worthwhile.