Monk supporters

Today was like watching the team of last season. No clue going forward, no movement, backwards passing, fragile. 

If teams are moulded in the managers image, wonder whether different players will make a difference.

I've praised attitude and effort where due, mostly this season, but aware we've not been particularly attractive, attacking or fluid. 

Luton were awful, irrespective of injuries, a game we should be at least looking like winning. We were crap before the (unjustified IMO) sending off so can't use that as an excuse.

If that today was the game plan Monk set up, reasonable to question and ask why we still don't have any attacking invention or creativity. 

• Like 1

His tactics are a combination of nullifying the opposition and then trying to get a goal.

The emphasis is far too weighted towards the defensive side of things.

We played two forwards who had no-one around them. Even if they won the ball the opposition could easily regain it.

A very rigid shape that plays slow square balls.

The players have to take some blame because they all look to Bannan, so we are fairly easy to play against. Playing the ball through Bannan all the time slows also slows us down at times.

This is the first time I'm questioning Monk this season.

He appeared to do be doing ok  but individual mistakes are costing us dear.

We are still missing Iorfa, Lees, Luongo and Brown who all would walk straight back in to the team, with the latter allowing Bannan some breathing space.

Hopefully he can turn it around but we need those players back asap if we are going to stay up.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey
  • Like 1

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, M Royds said:

Oh how we laughed when got rid Hutchinson, Forestieri, Westwood. 

These guys were clearly holding the team back. 

Indeed. 

We are in the process of peeling back the onion layers. 

Behind each one, there was an excuse.

Trouble is, we've nearly pulled all the onion layers off and there's not many more excuses left. 

Guest whowantstoberich
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The alternative is not supporting the team 

Is that what you advocate?

How is watching the team fall into league one due to bad management classed as “supporting the team”?

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The alternative is not supporting the team 

Is that what you advocate?

Nah, that doesn't stack up. Wanting a manager out of here* doesn't equate to not supporting the team. I've said before - I've been through phases of wanting Wednesday to lose a specific game to get rid of the likes of Yorath and Jones. I stand by it and don't think of myself as any less of a Wednesdayite for it...

*I'm not quite there with Monk yet, but that's not the point.

• Like 1

Just now, Dooogs said:

Nah, that doesn't stack up. Wanting a manager out of here* doesn't equate to not supporting the team. I've said before - I've been through phases of wanting Wednesday to lose a specific game to get rid of the likes of Yorath and Jones. I stand by it and don't think of myself as any less of a Wednesdayite for it... 

So you want us to lose games to get rid of the manager?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Ok 

I'm with YOU mate

What do you suggest we do next?

Sack monk would be a start...

11 minutes ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

I'm not saying he should be sacked but how long would you give him. I'm50/50

I always said that I would wait till the end of the 6 game run ending with Wycombe rather than pass judgement every time we had a poor game. And that hasn't changed. But he didn't do himself any favours today.

Admittedly he's had his hand forced by injuries, and he can't be blamed for the JvA sending off, but we just didn't seem to have a clue today. Even if we'd kept 11 men on the pitch we would have stuggled.

My biggest fear at the moment is that confidence will drain from the side and we'll be psychologically beaten before we've even kicked off. When you reach that point, even poor sides will take points from us. So Monk has to respond quickly to this setback, and Rovrum won't be an easy game.......

Who would replace him? Coming to a club who are favourites to go down due the points deficit. I can't see many wanting that on their C.V. 

The season is going to be up and down. The next 2 games we need to be above zero. 

It's down the the players to show their desire for this club now.

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would love someone to name one positive thing Garry Monk has done as Wednesday manager.

Has he improved any of our players? Has he got us playing exciting football? Has he signed quality players? Do we have a style and identity to the way we play? 

Genuinely. What is it Monk has done which thinks he can turn around his horrible Wednesday record? 

This is why I’m worried. I can’t name anything good or positive he’s done since before Christmas when he arrived - even then the football was shocking.

Wednesday are probably a 6 out of 10 Championship team at best. Monk makes us a 3/4 out of 10 team. We don’t need a miracle worker, we just need a common sense manager who can get the best out of an average team.

He’s reduced the average age of the squad somewhat, but if there was ever a time for experienced players, it would be now.

Edited by Crofty_11

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's Chansiri's job not ours

What should WE do?

Make Chansiri aware of our opinion