Jump to content

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?


Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

  1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

    • BACK him - Monk is the Man!
      84
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT
      506


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

It’s easy to say Monk out but once again look at the players that are out injured. Iorfa, Lees, Luongo made a massive difference at the start of the season. 

 

Would we have been much more likely to have won / scored / created chances if they'd played? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 


I don't know why people think it validates their  opinion to tell us what their mates think too

 

lol

 


Opinions are not valid or invalid, they’re just opinions. But what I am doing is presenting to the reader that multiple people agree with my opinion and have felt the same for same  time. Which gives it a bit more gravitas. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, crookesowl said:


Opinions are not valid or invalid, they’re just opinions. But what I am doing is presenting to the reader that multiple people agree with my opinion and have felt the same for same  time. Which gives it a bit more gravitas. 

 


It doesn't
It just makes it sound like you made something up because you weren't 100% convinced of your own viewpoint

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Owls77 said:

Unfortunately regardless what we think our chairman is just as clueless and only a decision will come when it’s all too late.

 

 

 

Exactly.

 

With Carlos it cost us a third shot at promotion.

 

With Monk it will cost us our Championship status.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Unfortunately regardless what we think our chairman is just as clueless and only a decision will come when it’s all too late.

 

 


Sad to say but you are correct. He’ll wait until after the next transfer window, we’ll still be on minus points & 25 points from safety.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The home form is making it difficult to make a case for Monk.  I’ve little faith they’ll win at home these days, irrespective of the opponents.
 

If we’re not out of the bottom 3 by 1/12, let’s hope there’s a decent replacement lined up.  But I’ve a feeling DC will let him see the season through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

It’s easy to say Monk out but once again look at the players that are out injured. Iorfa, Lees, Luongo made a massive difference at the start of the season. 


Fair comment. Agree that they are 3 of the better players and we miss them. However, they are in the main defensive players. We were completely toothless going forward and had no discernible plan of how to disrupt Luton’s defence and cause them problems. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence, especially when your defence is weakened. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:


Fair comment. Agree that they are 3 of the better players and we miss them. However, they are in the main defensive players. We were completely toothless going forward and had no discernible plan of how to disrupt Luton’s defence and cause them problems. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence, especially when your defence is weakened. 

I agree our attacking play is woeful. Have we even scored from open play in the league yet?

 

I think Monk should have gone at the end of the season, fresh manager and fresh players is what we needed. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

It’s easy to say Monk out but once again look at the players that are out injured. Iorfa, Lees, Luongo made a massive difference at the start of the season. 

Come on now stop it, honestly it’s easier when you just let it go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Yes of course we would.

 

So we'd have created chances and scored goals today had we not had two central defenders and a defensive midfielder injured. Even though we didn't create chances and score goals when they played.

 

Righto then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

 

So we'd have created chances and scored goals today had we not had two central defenders and a defensive midfielder injured. Even though we didn't create chances and score goals when they played.

 

Righto then. 

 

You also asked if we would have had a better chance of winning, which is what I was answering yes to. We played much better with those 3 in the team and the results were better.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today was a particular low.

Lost to a very poor team.

Key players injured didn't help,

neother did the needless sending off, but the football is consistently awful to watch and Monk and his team all look on, clueless as to how to improve things.

Square pegs constantly in round holes with a system that blatantly doesn't work.

How much are our management team all being paid?

More than most of our long suffering supporters will ever earn.

They all also exude arrogance in the extreme.

 

Even if supporters were allowed back in, I'm afraid that we would not be inclined to turn up to watch this type of performance, week in, week out.

The majority of the new signings are simply not good enough to get us out of this mess.

I do appreciate the constraints Monk is under and it is always easy to blame the manager,  but I think I speak for the majority in saying that we have reached a new low, even by our standards of late.

 

I love this club, as do all of our supporters and we are all hurting right now.

 

It won't happen, but Paul Cook is available and at least his teams play attractive football and he has an impressive track record, so why not try and get him in, before it is too late?

In my humble opinion I think he would be a good shout.

That's if he would be interested in working with our current squad.......

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...