Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

• BACK him - Monk is the Man!
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT

A closer inspection of those 50 people might be quite revealing, and among those there will be a few that know he’s not up to it, but are fearful of change. 

I tried to positive this year with monk - and really give him benefit of the doubt for the shower of last season  , the first game of the season gave me optimism 

since then the football has turned route 1, turgid - eye bleeding stuff in position a lot of huff & puff without it

I’d love to know the stats where we stand on clear cut chances / shots on target - we create zero / absolutely nothing 

unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of time, and players to gel - this seems to be his new excuse for this season 

We need to act quick & fast - in that it has to be Monk Out , as the form is absolutely embarrassing  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

But but everybody on here (except me) said Monk should be given his coaching team..but DC wouldn't let him have em..that was also wrong.

Anyhow he's got em, still as shyte...

Wtf is DC doing, sack monk..

lol

I was saying the same, unlikely to make much difference and for me it is now confirmed that we have seen no improvement from last season's horror show.

He’s already been backed. Should have gone last season!

its now time for him to be sacked. We have a squad more than capable of staying up. We’ll be down by Christmas under Monk.

5 hours ago, TheSlicer said:

would love to see what he actually does in training.

I can offer some insight into that.

" Morning lads, right..... Boot the ball out of touch when we kick off, then when we get the ball back, pass it around for 30 seconds then give it Cam to boot it up top in the hope summat might happen. Hey, Flinty, your a big lad, try and get yer head on Cammys launch. 

Ok lads, see you tomorrow"

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

At last he brings something of worth to the table.

I'm gonna nick that.

so did he off of Facebook lol 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

I tried to positive this year with monk - and really give him benefit of the doubt for the shower of last season  , the first game of the season gave me optimism 

since then the football has turned route 1, turgid - eye bleeding stuff in position a lot of huff & puff without it

I’d love to know the stats where we stand on clear cut chances / shots on target - we create zero / absolutely nothing 

unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of time, and players to gel - this seems to be his new excuse for this season 

We need to act quick & fast - in that it has to be Monk Out , as the form is absolutely embarrassing  

Shots on target per game you say?

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/8304/Stages/18825/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021

Only Rotherham and Wycombe have had less.

How do we go about creating chances? Top 6 for long balls at home - genius stuff with nobody to aim for. Bottom 4 for short passes. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

image.png.b8fc3d959fd4a216fb7841d68318eb93.png

Thanks to a spurt of useless pot shots off target in the first half yesterday we have climbed to the dizzy heights of 18th for total average shots at goal.

Don’t know why people are quoting silly stats. Not about tactics or what we do with the ball. It’s about desire and having pride in that shirt, and character. Talent, intelligence - these are overrated characteristics.

• Haha 1

It's pretty dire football to watch, but if we sack Monk who comes in?

Usual names banded around........one being Paul Cooke? No thanks.

Change isn't always for the better in football.

I'd give him the next two games. Two poor performances like this week and he has to go.

Those that were feeling “more confident” in Monk after a few games seem to have flip flopped back to fire his ass. If you were behind him that’s fair enough but at least do it with tiny bit of conviction.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Don’t know why people are quoting silly stats. Not about tactics or what we do with the ball. It’s about desire and having pride in that shirt, and character. Talent, intelligence - these are overrated characteristics.

And being a decent footballer helps too

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

image.png.b8fc3d959fd4a216fb7841d68318eb93.png

Thanks to a spurt of useless pot shots off target in the first half yesterday we have climbed to the dizzy heights of 18th for total average shots at goal.

The final league table in May might actually look similar to that.  Weird how shots on goal could link to how well a team does 

47 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Who are the 67 who backed him? 😂

Neil has been using some of his other log ins. 

• Haha 5
51 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

i'm one ....he's our manager  and when he 's gone i'll back the next one as well .......

Personally I don't have confidence he is the one to get us where we need to be.

However, DC is not going to fire him. We are not an attactive proposition to take on - who would come here right now to replace him?

I am quite pleased with the squad we have overall though, save for a couple of positions maybe.

So all in all, we have no choice but to back him as he ain't going.

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

I’m going to stick my head above the parapet and say that I’m one of them.

I want to see whether results improve with Brown and Luongo back before I join the Monk Out brigade

• Like 1
3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Neil has been using some of his other log ins. 

Not to mention the 500 out votes he’s deleted......lol

• Haha 3