PAUL COOK

Guest mrbluesky

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not keen on Cook. Prefer him to Monk, but it would be another sticking plaster job. Don’t ask me who though, but I’d like someone with a footballing philosophy, who can build something sustainable 

I hate all this, we’re in a relegation battle, we need players who can scrap and fight. Look where’s that’s taking us.

Nonsense. Compare Cook's record to Monk, they aren't even comparable in any way at all. Monk's never had a promotion, how many has Cook had?

Captain Cook would be ideal for this shituation we're in. And even if we go down, he'd stand a great chance at bringing us straight back up. 

Cook's teams play good football too, dunno why you think he's just a scrapper.

Edited by swfc-dan
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Nonsense. Compare Cook's record to Monk, they aren't even comparable in any way at all. Monk's never had a promotion, how many has Cook had?

Captain Cook would be ideal for this shituation we're in. And even if we go down, he'd stand a great chance at bringing us straight back up. 

PAUL COOK HAS NEVER EVER EVER FINISHED ANY HIGHER THAN MID TABLE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP mate

Go look it up if you dont' believe me

Owlstalk Shop

On 27/10/2020 at 15:19, @owlstalk said:

I don't need to - you come along and tell us all about it  (again) every 6 minutes

lol

Can I just say, it’s a bit rich you criticising anybody for being repetitive with some of the stuff you have posted in recent weeks in defence of our totally out of his depth manager. Is this pathetic situation the fault of the so called Monk haters? I don’t think so. He should have been sacked at the end of last season, if not before. Paul Cook might never have finished above 12th at his one championship club, but he was extremely unlucky last season and relegation was no fault of his. 

I'd have him at Hillsborough in a heartbeat over Monk. At least if we do go down, we would go down fighting and I would have every confidence he’d bring us straight back up. I don’t think many would be confident of Monk doing that. MONK OUT. 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

PAUL COOK HAS NEVER FINISHED ANY HIGHER THAN MID TABLE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP mate

Go look it up if you dont' believe me

And go look up the clubs he's managed. Which of them would you expect to finish above halfway?

We aren't interested in midtable anyway, we're in a relegation scrap so bloody well get someone in who relishes it and gets all the players on board and up for the fight!

He's never managed a "big" club because he's not a sexy name. But yet he's been successful nearly every club he's been at- I'd get him in pronto if I was DC. Best available and realistic candidate by a mile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

And go look up the clubs he's managed. Which of them would you expect to finish above halfway? 

Why does that make any difference?

He's never got any higher than mid table  - never. Not once

And you would give him THIS squad with metal pin broken legged defenders, and good old wet trifle armed keepers and expect him to hit his own personal record???

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Well said.  

Especially the bit in bold.  

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And you would give him THIS squad with metal pin broken legged defenders, and good old wet trifle armed keepers and expect him to hit his own personal record???

Cook has had more success in one season than Monk's entire career.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd give the tramp under the bridge at Hillsborough the team over Monk at this juncture

• Like 1
  • Haha 1