PAUL COOK

Guest mrbluesky

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure why everyone is struggling with this simple question

(actually I'm 100% sure really - I'm just toying with the nutjobs who keep calling for him to come here as our manager - it's because those shoving "GET PAUL COOK IN" posts in our faces actually don't realise he's never achieved anything at all at this level)

Let me ask again

Purely for comedy purposes now

Has Paul Cook ever finished above 18th in the Championship?

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Simply a manager who isn't on the list that's always trotted out any time Wednesday lose a game of football

You know..

Paul Cook
The Cowley Brothers
Big Mick
Big Sam
John Sheridan

Nigel Pearson

Get Carlos back 

etc

etc

You forgot garymegson

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I can just see it now:

February 2021, Wednesday in the Bottom 3 and fans calling for Cook  to be sacked.

This could easily happen, managing Wednesday is a bit of poisoned chalice.

Still think Monk should get a bit more time but think Paul Cook is best manager out there we have a realistic chance of getting.
I know people say he has never finished above mid table in the Championship but that's he has only managed Wigan at this level.
Done his time at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan and done well at all of those. Someone who deserves a crack at a bigger club further up the food chain. 

I also thought this of the Cowley brothers and they seem to have found Huddersfield a bit too big for them and not seen them linked with any other jobs at this level.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Still think Monk should get a bit more time but think Paul Cook is best manager out there we have a realistic chance of getting.
I know people say he has never finished above mid table in the Championship but that's he has only managed Wigan at this level.
Done his time at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan and done well at all of those. Someone who deserves a crack at a bigger club further up the food chain. 

I also thought this of the Cowley brothers and they seem to have found Huddersfield a bit too big for them and not seen them linked with any other jobs at this level.

Ex-Lincoln City manager Danny Cowley has taken up a new role in football in the city — he’s now coaching his daughter’s under 12s football team.

19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why should Monk get more time? He’s in the Burtenshaw, Lukuhay, Eustace group. Some of the worst managers we’ve ever had and 2 have been on DC’s watch.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

*sigh*

I'll ask again...

Please - someone answer me.

All of you calling for Paul Cook to come - tell me the answer to this one..

Has Paul Cook ever finished above 12th in the Championship?

It would seem that the position of 12th or above is important to you, so I will use that as the bar and ask the following:

Dean Smith pre Brentford

Ian Holloway pre Blackpoll

Eddie Howe Pre Bournmouth

Nigel Person Pre Leicester (I think He was at Hull prior

Brian Clough🙂

And even That Clown along DD way

Were any of the above managers who had finished 12th or above in the 2nd tier before going on to have success?

I believe you can have success and a playing style at a lower league club, I also accept that the size off the club, fan base is so massive that it would take someone special to achieve, but lets not dismiss all those that have not got to 12th or above

What are the chances?

Does Chansiri even know who he is, though? Let alone the fact he's available and a good manager at this level and realistic appointment.

If we were another championship club like Forest etc then it would be nailed on he'd come. But with Chansiri you never have a ******** clue who he's going to pull out of the hat. Could be a Bruce appointment (which I guess would be Cook now) or could be another  inept wildcard like Jos.

I’m not keen on Cook. Prefer him to Monk, but it would be another sticking plaster job. Don’t ask me who though, but I’d like someone with a footballing philosophy, who can build something sustainable 

I hate all this, we’re in a relegation battle, we need players who can scrap and fight. Look where’s that’s taking us.

• Like 1