Jump to content

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

On the same basis then we are the worst team in the division under Monk as we sit rock bottom of the league

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jesus said:

On the same basis then we are the worst team in the division under Monk as we sit rock bottom of the league



Yeah we're rock bottom of the league because of Monk and nothing to do with a -12 points deduction mate  👍

 

facepalm.png


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:



Yeah we're rock bottom of the league because of Monk and nothing to do with a -12 points deduction mate  👍

 

facepalm.png

Thats kind of my point......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Win percentage...

 

Chesterfield 44.8 %

Portsmouth  48.6 %

Wigan Athletic 41.3

 

Seen his style of play, it`s direct, but also he has hard working teams, I remember watching us against them, was impressed to be fair.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrbluesky said:

Win percentage...

 

Chesterfield 44.8 %

Portsmouth  48.6 %

Wigan Athletic 41.3

 

Seen his style of play, it`s direct, but also he has hard working teams, I remember watching us against them, was impressed to be fair.

 

 

 

yeah BUT check out this headline...

 

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 

yeah BUT check out this headline...

 

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

I cant tell if you are serious or not

Its not Monks fault we are bottom because of the points deduction but it is Cooks fault Wigan got relegated? 

Like i say, i cant tell if you are serious or not

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 16:59, everydayiswednesday said:

Go on then let's stick with useless monk & enjoy division1

Hi Dejphon!  

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:


Thanks for the clarification

*adds Jesus to the 'Monk will definitely turn this round' brigade*

 

 

Ah, so not serious and i fell for it and played along. Hanging head in shame as i type

 

Thanks for clearing it up

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 16:59, everydayiswednesday said:

Go on then let's stick with useless monk & enjoy division1

You don’t have to. Go and watch somebody else! I’m sure they will value your version of “support”. 
For goodness sake, half the side is out through injury! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on Neil. You are quick to discredit any suggestion for any manager on here if/when Monk goes. 

Who would be YOUR choice? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2020 at 12:41, Elderly Owl said:

You don’t have to. Go and watch somebody else! I’m sure they will value your version of “support”. 
For goodness sake, half the side is out through injury! 

I can remember being there in the early 70's when we nearly went into the old 4th division.

The football was dire then & monks football reminds of those times. Also have to go back those days to beat monks home record.

So I know what support is.

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2020 at 12:07, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 

yeah BUT check out this headline...

 

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

I'm fairly new to this forum lark, and quite possibly I'm missing some "in" joke, But do you think you are funny? further am I only one that finds it a little boring?

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Time we had a manager who has had sustained sucess with the clubs he's been at!

 

Step forward Big Ron Atkinson. For younger fans here's some background:

 

"Wednesday had made a poor start to the 1997–98 season, including a 7–2 loss at Blackburn and a 6–1 loss at Manchester United. Under Atkinson, Wednesday's form picked up immediately and they pulled well clear of relegation trouble, but he was not rewarded with a permanent contract."

 

There's still time to make it right - he's a spry 81

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OWLISH said:

 

Step forward Big Ron Atkinson. For younger fans here's some background:

 

"Wednesday had made a poor start to the 1997–98 season, including a 7–2 loss at Blackburn and a 6–1 loss at Manchester United. Under Atkinson, Wednesday's form picked up immediately and they pulled well clear of relegation trouble, but he was not rewarded with a permanent contract."

 

There's still time to make it right - he's a spry 81

 

Biggest mistake in the clubs recent history not renewing his contract (out of spite it looks)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, modboy said:

 

Biggest mistake in the clubs recent history not renewing his contract (out of spite it looks)

While now in disgrace, be a long time before we win something and / or play such stylish football.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A47Owl said:

Come on Neil. You are quick to discredit any suggestion for any manager on here if/when Monk goes. 

Who would be YOUR choice? 


 

Nobody has put forward anyone that isn’t a cliche choice yet 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 17:22, Pieman said:


Took me 15 seconds. Oh btw, living in Wigan, I have a lot of WAFC fans as mates. Would you like me to get them to DM you directly?

 

 

I've always liked Cook since he was first at Chessie, his interviews on Radio Sheffield always sounded like the right thing and the results were good. 

 

HOWEVER living in Pompey, I hear the same sort of stuff about him as you do in Wigan. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...