PAUL COOK

Guest mrbluesky

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

On the same basis then we are the worst team in the division under Monk as we sit rock bottom of the league

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky

Win percentage...

Chesterfield 44.8 %

Portsmouth  48.6 %

Wigan Athletic 41.3

Seen his style of play, it`s direct, but also he has hard working teams, I remember watching us against them, was impressed to be fair.

Just now, mrbluesky said:

Win percentage...

Chesterfield 44.8 %

Portsmouth  48.6 %

Wigan Athletic 41.3

Seen his style of play, it`s direct, but also he has hard working teams, I remember watching us against them, was impressed to be fair.

yeah BUT check out this headline...

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I cant tell if you are serious or not

Its not Monks fault we are bottom because of the points deduction but it is Cooks fault Wigan got relegated? 

Like i say, i cant tell if you are serious or not

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Thanks for the clarification

*adds Jesus to the 'Monk will definitely turn this round' brigade*

Ah, so not serious and i fell for it and played along. Hanging head in shame as i type

Thanks for clearing it up

• Haha 1

On 24/10/2020 at 16:59, everydayiswednesday said:

Go on then let's stick with useless monk & enjoy division1

You don’t have to. Go and watch somebody else! I’m sure they will value your version of “support”. 
For goodness sake, half the side is out through injury! 

• Haha 1

On 26/10/2020 at 12:41, Elderly Owl said:

You don’t have to. Go and watch somebody else! I’m sure they will value your version of “support”. 
For goodness sake, half the side is out through injury! 

I can remember being there in the early 70's when we nearly went into the old 4th division.

The football was dire then & monks football reminds of those times. Also have to go back those days to beat monks home record.

So I know what support is.

• Like 6

On 26/10/2020 at 12:07, @owlstalk said:

I'm fairly new to this forum lark, and quite possibly I'm missing some "in" joke, But do you think you are funny? further am I only one that finds it a little boring?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Time we had a manager who has had sustained sucess with the clubs he's been at!

Step forward Big Ron Atkinson. For younger fans here's some background:

"Wednesday had made a poor start to the 1997–98 season, including a 7–2 loss at Blackburn and a 6–1 loss at Manchester United. Under Atkinson, Wednesday's form picked up immediately and they pulled well clear of relegation trouble, but he was not rewarded with a permanent contract."

There's still time to make it right - he's a spry 81

1 minute ago, OWLISH said:

Step forward Big Ron Atkinson. For younger fans here's some background:

"Wednesday had made a poor start to the 1997–98 season, including a 7–2 loss at Blackburn and a 6–1 loss at Manchester United. Under Atkinson, Wednesday's form picked up immediately and they pulled well clear of relegation trouble, but he was not rewarded with a permanent contract."

There's still time to make it right - he's a spry 81

Biggest mistake in the clubs recent history not renewing his contract (out of spite it looks)

Guest Hornsby
7 minutes ago, modboy said:

Biggest mistake in the clubs recent history not renewing his contract (out of spite it looks)

While now in disgrace, be a long time before we win something and / or play such stylish football.

On 24/10/2020 at 17:22, Pieman said:

Took me 15 seconds. Oh btw, living in Wigan, I have a lot of WAFC fans as mates. Would you like me to get them to DM you directly?

I've always liked Cook since he was first at Chessie, his interviews on Radio Sheffield always sounded like the right thing and the results were good. 

HOWEVER living in Pompey, I hear the same sort of stuff about him as you do in Wigan. 

• Like 1