PAUL COOK

Guest mrbluesky

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd happily have a manager who got them promoted at the first attempt and kept them up on one of the smallest budgets at this level in his 2nd season and would have done the same in the 3rd had they not been completely robbed by dubious owners. 

We on the other hand fell apart at the mention of a points deduction and have been largely abysmal ever since.

Your prerogative mate. Eyes wide open and all that. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Reminder folks - 

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

Yet you say other don't know anything about his record!

Try to stop being a WUM and look at his record.

Doesn’t sound as if this Wigan fan went on the mass protest against Cook (that didn’t happen)

since Cook is out of work he could likely be persuaded under the right circumstances but his stock is at an all time high his chances of getting another Championship club have never be better even if he has to wait for a job to come up as he will probably be a front runner for any relegation or lower mid table side.

So to give up that chance and drop back down into L1 and take on a side that needs rebuilding from scratch is going to need to a similar wage to when he left (supposedly 17k) and a significant promise of transfer funds to rebuild. Even then he might think it's not the right move for him.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's be honest

People post the name 'Paul Cook' because they'e just seen other people post his name

They don't know the first thing about him

They just post it to look cool because others have

The reality?

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

Cook had them in the top 12, their dodgy owner sent them down. 

Cooks record 

Chesterfield - 2 promotions

Portsmouth - promotion 

Wigan-promotion 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Cook had them in the top 12, their dodgy owner sent them down. 

Cooks record 

Chesterfield - 2 promotions

Portsmouth - promotion 

Wigan-promotion 

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, everydayiswednesday said:

Go on then let's stick with useless monk & enjoy division1

Why would sticking with Monk mean division 1?

Since the start of the season we have been catching 4th bottom at a rate of better than half a point a game and therefore would be out of the relegation zone after 24 games

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
On 24/10/2020 at 23:54, FreshOwl said:

I want a new manager, but being honest I can’t see this bloke making much of a difference 

I`m basing mine on his record, why don`t you think he`ll make a difference?

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Paul Cook is poised to leave his job as Wigan Athletic manager following their relegation to League One, and with the club in administration.

Don’t care about Cook either way, but think this might be missing the elephant in the room there a bit Neil.

As I remember it Wigan very nearly avoided going down last season despite the administration. 

1 minute ago, dr. benway said:

As I remember it Wigan very nearly avoided going down last season despite the administration. 

Monk is likely to do just the same for Wednesday with the same level of points deduction.