Time to bring in Pearson

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

Dodgy ref today, let's not over exaggerate. 

Without that soft red, or a potential pen on Harris, we'd have had at least a point against a quality side that will be up there in 1st at the end of the season.

Surely you can see how poor we are without blaming the ref (who I agree was poor).  Luton are a poor side who will be bottom half at end of season, we managed to be even worse which is very worrying.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My only point was how we have the same ridiculous predictable posts year  in year out with the same stuff posted

Play 4-4-2
Get Nigel Pearson in 

etc

etc

As for backing Monk - it's called fully supporting the manager/team - I'm never going to be ashamed of ever doing that

Agree with your first point, but in regards to the last point

Supporting the Manager and the team are 2 completely different things, I don't know why you think they're the same, so

Do you think Monk is the right man for the job?

Just now, OWL1969 said:

Agree with your first point, but in regards to the last point

Supporting the Manager and the team are 2 completely different things, I don't know why you think they're the same, so

Do you think Monk is the right man for the job?

Before you ask me, who I'd like (as a serious question) I don't know.

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

Without that soft red, or a potential pen on Harris, we'd have had at least a point against a quality side that will be up there in 1st at the end of the season.

Look at the table. If you happy with losing at home to Luton when every point is so valuable. I don't get it

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Look at the table. If you happy with losing at home to Luton when every point is so valuable. I don't get it

I’ve looked at the table and see that we are catching 4th bottom at a rate of better than half a point a game....which would see us out of the relegation zone after 24 games.

Why do people see that start to the season as conclusive proof that we are going down?

Guest LondonOwl313
55 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’ve looked at the table and see that we are catching 4th bottom at a rate of better than half a point a game....which would see us out of the relegation zone after 24 games.

Why do people see that start to the season as conclusive proof that we are going down?

Because that’s not how it works.. by your logic, 4th bottom will accumulate points at a rate of 4 points every 7 games which is about 26 points a season. Point us to the season where the team finishing 22nd got only 26 points. It’s never happened before

Forest and Derby will pick up and we won’t finish 12 clear of them, so ignore them. Our competition is Wycombe, Barnsley, Coventry, Rotherham and Luton. Anyone else would have to underachieve massively for this Wednesday team to overtake them from -12.

Luton are now 16 points in front after today’s 6 pointer. Wycombe will drop. We’ve made up 4 points on Barnsley, 3 on Coventry and 2 on Rotherham. That’s ok but it just shows how big these games are against the other clubs in this mini league. And performances are completely uninspiring and don’t fill you with confidence we can do this under Monk

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I'm with you, a few weeks ago everyone was saying we looked a better team. We've had 7 games out of 46 and so have Monk's new signings and staff. Key injuries yet we've got 8 points and would be lower mid table.

If people are looking for someone to blame it should be the main man, DC.

Top dollar for tickets, awful decision making, huge naivety, questionable accounting. We are not as good as people think we should be, roll your sleeves up for christ sakes, we are no more entitled than any team that has taken points off us so far this season?

I wanted Pearson after Bruce. His reputation had taken a bit of a hit following on from his short spell at Derby but he did a decent job at Watford, pulled them from the grave to give them a chance of staying up. But was sacked strangely while they was out of the relegation zone.

I’m unsure if he would come to Wednesday myself. He may end up with much better offers and has raised the issue of living in Sheffield being an issue to his life. 

But he would be the first one you ask the question. 

4 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Soft red. 

Sorry, but that challenge was completely wreckless and could have ended very badly. 

JVA should feel relieved that the only thing that happened out of it was a red card and not anything more damaging to the Luton player