Iconic Sheffield Wednesday Pictures Thread

14 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

Was just going to post the same.My favourite Wednesday photo of my favourite ever Wednesday player.

I kept scrapbooks of action photos cut from the Sunday and Monday morning papers but that one was extra special and adorned my bedroom wall for years along with one of Ron mid save turning the ball round the post.

It makes you sad when you compare those guys with the nobodies of today’s team 

I remember having two or three scrapbooks full of photos from the green ‘un, football monthly and even shoot...should have kept them. Along with my Hornby train set and massive collection of Corgi cars that would have been worth a fortune now...all bought at Redgates or Wilson and Gumperts(?) toy shops. Don’t know if I’ve spelled it right but it was on the top side of Fitzalan Square opposite the Classic cinema.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

I remember having two or three scrapbooks full of photos from the green ‘un, football monthly and even shoot...should have kept them. Along with my Hornby train set and massive collection of Corgi cars that would have been worth a fortune now...all bought at Redgates or Wilson and Gumperts(?) toy shops. Don’t know if I’ve spelled it right but it was on the top side of Fitzalan Square opposite the Classic cinema.

Wilson Gumperts!

Here you go mate - https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/1359-wilson-gumpert-toy-shop/

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Nice one, I remember it being “controlled” by Redgates, but it was a great little shop. If I remember rightly it was ground floor and a basement.

Didn’t they have prams and bikes on the ground floor and all the proper stuff downstairs?

Anyone remember Weston’s on Change Alley. They did Hornby,  Dinkies and all the rest 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ron springett said:

C67B792D-EE22-4FA3-803F-B10F0FF37266.jpeg

On 24/10/2020 at 18:59, marconi said:

image.jpeg.af4081aebba47b213bad8a9072d62f5c.jpeg

Two great shots them.

I'd love to see some of this classic old shots colourised.

Folks can do all sorts with em these days.

Don't you know some arty technical boffins who could do it Neil? 

@@owlstalk

• Like 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Some great photos, cried at the age of seven after 66 cup final, tears of joy after league Cup final 91 and as my Ozzie Owl car sticker said in my first car "OWLS FOREVER"