Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, keefdave said:

I remember when they did win 5-0 at Hillsborough with a certain Malcolm Macdonald playing. (I think he got a hat trick)

 

I was there as a kid, 50 years ago, 10th October 1970.

 

He was just 20 years old and as you say scored a hat trick. Finished 2nd top scorer that season with 30 goals in all games.

What a player. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, keefdave said:

I remember when they did win 5-0 at Hillsborough with a certain Malcolm Macdonald playing. (I think he got a hat trick)

10th October 1970 according to (Mr) Bullock and we did score - (Jackie Sinclair - he always put in a shift; we got him from Leicester, I think) in front of more than 15,000 enraptured fans!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

I was there as a kid, 50 years ago, 10th October 1970.

 

He was just 20 years old and as you say scored a hat trick. Finished 2nd top scorer that season with 30 goals in all games.

What a player. 

He also took the p1ss out of Burnley's defence just twice in the match, but that was enough, when Newcastle beat Burnley in the FA Cup semifinal at Hillsborough in '73. Scandalously, I had a ticket for that match (ST holder privileges were to blame). Joe Harvey managed Newcastle and Jimmy Adamson managed Burnley. In those days you actually knew who managed teams😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

He also took the p1ss out of Burnley's defence just twice in the match, but that was enough, when Newcastle beat Burnley in the FA Cup semifinal at Hillsborough in '73. Scandalously, I had a ticket for that match (ST holder privileges were to blame). Joe Harvey managed Newcastle and Jimmy Adamson managed Burnley. In those days you actually knew who managed teams😄

 

Yes...That season at Luton and top scorer in the 2nd division earned him the move to 1st division Newcastle.

 

Scored a hat trick on his debut v Liverpool and finished the season with 30 goals at just 21.

 

Still lives in Northumberland I think. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one Snoots.

 

Can’t see beyond a scrappy  0 - 0 unless Brown and Iorfa play.

 

Always hope...until it kills you.


COME ON WEDNESDAY.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Majestic OP.

If we put the effort and application in that we showed against Brentford I'll be pleased.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

Sophia Loren I think...

Agreed...plenty of connoisseurs on ‘ere of all things shapely. I’d recognise those.......

eyes anywhere.😜

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No one trash talks opposition any more. What are we? It's not rugby. It's not polite. Are we flipping going to beat these useless plane watching tangerines or what?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

NJ has the face of a troubled medieval peasant.

 

 

 

 

Screenshot_20201024-095737_Chrome.jpg

He seems troubled....

 

There was a phone call he was supposed to make this time last year....

 

Now winters past, spring and fall

 

lol

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

No one trash talks opposition any more. What are we? It's not rugby. It's not polite. Are we flipping going to beat these useless plane watching tangerines or what?


Check you going all Whoopass!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quality omdt as per. Some interesting names in the opening line 🤔

Norma Jean, a Marilyn reference with her gorgeous hour glass figure & conical norks.

Or the name Norma, surname Snockers, of The Goodies fame. 
Acute angina is just asking for it......

Anyway, first of 3 wins in a week for us. 
Sticking with my prediction of beating & overtaking Wycombe on Halloween 🎃 

UTO

2-1 to us. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...