Wednesday -V- Luton OMDT

6 minutes ago, keefdave said:

I remember when they did win 5-0 at Hillsborough with a certain Malcolm Macdonald playing. (I think he got a hat trick)

I was there as a kid, 50 years ago, 10th October 1970.

He was just 20 years old and as you say scored a hat trick. Finished 2nd top scorer that season with 30 goals in all games.

What a player. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, keefdave said:

I remember when they did win 5-0 at Hillsborough with a certain Malcolm Macdonald playing. (I think he got a hat trick)

10th October 1970 according to (Mr) Bullock and we did score - (Jackie Sinclair - he always put in a shift; we got him from Leicester, I think) in front of more than 15,000 enraptured fans!

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I was there as a kid, 50 years ago, 10th October 1970.

He was just 20 years old and as you say scored a hat trick. Finished 2nd top scorer that season with 30 goals in all games.

What a player. 

He also took the p1ss out of Burnley's defence just twice in the match, but that was enough, when Newcastle beat Burnley in the FA Cup semifinal at Hillsborough in '73. Scandalously, I had a ticket for that match (ST holder privileges were to blame). Joe Harvey managed Newcastle and Jimmy Adamson managed Burnley. In those days you actually knew who managed teams😄

3 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

He also took the p1ss out of Burnley's defence just twice in the match, but that was enough, when Newcastle beat Burnley in the FA Cup semifinal at Hillsborough in '73. Scandalously, I had a ticket for that match (ST holder privileges were to blame). Joe Harvey managed Newcastle and Jimmy Adamson managed Burnley. In those days you actually knew who managed teams😄

Yes...That season at Luton and top scorer in the 2nd division earned him the move to 1st division Newcastle.

Scored a hat trick on his debut v Liverpool and finished the season with 30 goals at just 21.

Still lives in Northumberland I think. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

No one trash talks opposition any more. What are we? It's not rugby. It's not polite. Are we flipping going to beat these useless plane watching tangerines or what?

Check you going all Whoopass!!

Quality omdt as per. Some interesting names in the opening line 🤔

Norma Jean, a Marilyn reference with her gorgeous hour glass figure & conical norks.

Or the name Norma, surname Snockers, of The Goodies fame. 
Acute angina is just asking for it......

Anyway, first of 3 wins in a week for us. 
Sticking with my prediction of beating & overtaking Wycombe on Halloween 🎃 

UTO

2-1 to us. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1