Wednesday -V- Luton OMDT

Excellent OMDT as ever your worshipfulness. I’m hoping for a dour 1-0 today to the wizaaards in blue and white... I think the contest will be a bit like two old jaded heavyweights slugging it out in the corner of the ring...but then a 20 yard screamer from Reach to steal the day, after all we are due one. When was the last time he scored? Weather is absolute dogger darn ‘ere, hope things are better wherever you are today...that plastic pitch will be a nightmare to play on if you get the weather we’re having.
Come on you blue and white wizaaards! ( I hate Luton...summat to do with Morecambe and Wise and plastic pitches in the 70’s)

• Love 1

Guest domSWFC

Hope to see a lineup something like:

--------------- Dawson ---------------

- Odubajo - Flint - Van Aken - 

Harris ------ Dele --------- Reach

------ Bannan - Windass --------

---- Paterson - Kachunga -----

Kachunga wasn't great in his last appearance but I think having some pace and work rate alongside Paterson could cause Luton some problems. Reach is beginning to look more like the player we once knew, and Van Aken is a like a new signing. He deserves a run in the side on merit, not just because of an injury crisis. 

Would like to say I'm optimistic but I'm not.

We have got to get on the front foot, but I have zero belief in Monk to get us doing that.

Hope I'm wrong. 

Nothing but a win today will be good enough.

With a bit of luck we should win today but this is Wednesday and we are at home against a side that  " have now failed to score in four of their last five outings in all competitions," and " haven't won since the international break" . We all know those are all triggers for us to flop.

Positive thinking though a steady 3 - 0 to us and we get the Hillsborough curse lifted. About time those golden elephants pulled their fingers out and earned their keep.*

*(OK, I know elephants don't have fingers)

Moses Odubajo should not be in a back 3, hes a car crash in that position. I've warmed to him as an out and out wing back, when he can get up and down the wing. But should only be in the back 3 as a last resort, he struggled in a back 4.

3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

We need to get the home form sorted.

We currently on our worst home run since the 1974/75 season.

3-0 The Massive.

UTO

Exactly this...

Simply have to win today, our home form is disastrous.

Looking back through the records since we joined the football league in 1892,  I don't think we've ever had a sequence as bad as the current 1 win in 15 home matches.

Even in 74-75 and going into 75-76 we managed to win 2 matches in 15.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, keefdave said:

I remember when they did win 5-0 at Hillsborough with a certain Malcolm Macdonald playing. (I think he got a hat trick)

I thought we did score 1 in that game but I might have been in denial. Wasn't that game about this date (or a bit earlier)? Off to Mr Bullock's site to check!

13 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

We need to get the home form sorted.

We currently on our worst home run since the 1974/75 season.

3-0 The Massive.

UTO

Oh - thank you for reminding me about that wonderful season. I so enjoyed it! 11 home games without a goal was it?😠

• Like 1