Luton game.........attack attack attack...a must?

7 hours ago, spiderman said:

For me if we have any chance at all of stopping up........a game like this is a MUST win to say we haven't won a game at home for 8 months also.

We hadnt won similarly when we were third,& challenging for an automatic Promotion push,but our 'away' form carried us forward....the form will settle down with no crowds,only reservation i have is(without being unfair) i dont myself think Dawson is good enough.

Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its ONE game,stop over reacting.....Personally,i expect us to win it,but who knows? maybe someone gets injured,or sent off,& we have to play with 10.....etc..

There you ago again Moriarty, you keep sending out the negative waves! lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jim said:

Totally agree mate. Anything less than a win tomorrow then it’s 1 home win in 10 months. How can you defend an home record like that, you can’t?

Last season again? added to this to get 1 win in 10 Months? Come on Jim,whats the point?

7 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

No game in October is an absolute must win game

It looks like we've played with that attitude at home for the past year to be fair! 

5 hours ago, S6ToBerlin said:

Honestly I'm not too fussed if we go all out attack, as long as we get the 3 points. I'd also be completely fine with focusing on being solid at the back while still creating enough chances to get a goal or two, then defending the lead comfortably.

My only doubt is the last bit though, can't remember ever seeing us defend a lead comfortably.

Never mind the last bit. you've done well to remember us getting 2 goals at home! 

23 minutes ago, parajack said:

Last season again? added to this to get 1 win in 10 Months? Come on Jim,whats the point?

Simple Jack. The Monk Supporters will say you have to take his reign into account over the entirety of last season which is fair enough but as one or two stats suggest the problems at home were starting prior to the post-Christmas collapse. The home form over this calendar year will be mentioned anyway, it’s inevitable. Personally I think anything less than 7 points from this week and his position is weaker than it is now and that’s saying something?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, parajack said:

We hadnt won similarly when we were third,& challenging for an automatic Promotion push,but our 'away' form carried us forward....the form will settle down with no crowds,only reservation i have is(without being unfair) i dont myself think Dawson is good enough.

Just my opinion.

We won 2 home games in a row in order to climb up to 3rd - imagine that, back-to-back home wins! 

As for the form will settle down with no crowds - we have played 8 home games now behind closed doors, you don't need any fingers to be able to count the number of wins. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We won 2 home games in a row in order to climb up to 3rd - imagine that, back-to-back home wins! 

As for the form will settle down with no crowds - we have played 8 home games now behind closed doors, you don't need any fingers to be able to count the number of wins. 

You said it yourself,we have played 8 games,all this counting last seasons results and 'form' does what? proves what? the only form that matters is won 2,lost 2,(narrowly) and drawn 2,with an unlucky last minute goal costing us dearly in the QPR game....

S6  isnt the 'Bermuda Triangle' the results will come,(providing no Dawson howlers) just be patient.....& please....let last season go...................

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Simple Jack. The Monk Supporters will say you have to take his reign into account over the entirety of last season which is fair enough but as one or two stats suggest the problems at home were starting prior to the post-Christmas collapse. The home form over this calendar year will be mentioned anyway, it’s inevitable. Personally I think anything less than 7 points from this week and his position is weaker than it is now and that’s saying something?

His position isnt weak now,and will not become weaker if we lose all three!!  he is here for the season Jim....minimum in my view,come what may...Thats why i think discussing his 'position' is a waste of time.

Results,performances,tactics,substitutions, yes,fair game,but monk is here for the season...

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

His position isnt weak now,and will not become weaker if we lose all three!!  he is here for the season Jim....minimum in my view,come what may...Thats why i think discussing his 'position' is a waste of time.

Results,performances,tactics,substitutions, yes,fair game,but monk is here for the season...

If he’s here for the season and performances and results particularly at home continue in the same vein, we’re buggered Jack.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If he's here for the season and performances and results particularly at home improve we're fine Jim

It needs to start happening soon. Even just looking at this season, only 6 teams have less points than us at home - 2 of them were in League One last season and are likely to be back in it next season, 1 has already sacked their manager and another is said to be on the verge of doing so if they get beat tonight. 

52 minutes ago, Jim said:

If he’s here for the season and performances and results particularly at home continue in the same vein, we’re buggered Jack.

Thats what the Spartan's said(not at Thermopylae, later) to the Persian king,who threatened them,if i defeat your army,i will ravage your lands....

the reply?  IF.............   Persians withdrew,,,

11 minutes ago, parajack said:

Thats what the Spartan's said(not at Thermopylae, later) to the Persian king,who threatened them,if i defeat your army,i will ravage your lands....

the reply?  IF.............   Persians withdrew,,,

It was actually their response to Phillip of Macedon (Alexander's father).

Quite funny in that he first asked them if he "should come to Sparta as friend or foe" and the Spartans replied "Neither", then came the "IF" statement and response.

This clearly left Phillip psyched out as he avoided conflict with Sparta and didn't invade.

• Like 1

I  think we have played OK in most games. Brentford and Watford are good team's and will be up their come the end of season. If the guy's had not got injured in the QPR game I'm sure we would have won that game. So get the injured players back and we should be OK, finger's crossed.uto