Deja vu.

Seriously though I can’t t see Monk facing the sack given that DC let him bring all his own staff in and we know DC has a bad habit of holding onto managers too long. 

Monk has been given time I doubt he would have got elsewhere. Today is a game he needs to show that patience was justified as every point is going to count in this up hill battle. 

On 22/10/2020 at 15:32, Bulldog said:

Headlines from last nights game,

Had chances.

Unlucky.

Better team for..... (insert minutes here)

Injuries - if so and so had played we'd have won that.

Questionable tactics / substitutions.

Give him time.

Lost to a good team.

All of the above applies to most home games recently. The form guide for 2020 home games reads;

P15

W1

D5

L9

When we have 5 points from the next 3 games do we start to panic or give the management team more time?

Another thinly disguised 'monk' bashing thread,using stats from last season(but this year) & inviting other like minded ****s to comment in the same echo chamber we have had to put up with over & over....

'We' ? dont give Monk & his management team jack **** do we? 'we'(the supporters) are not at the moment contributing anything in game receipts(never mind minus -12 ,its - 6 Million for Chansiri..in lost sales..) ifollow giving back a little bit,for those who buy it........

'Our' view,on here or elsewhere counts for little in the current environment,The Chairman has placed his faith in the manager,to do a job,and keep us in the division.Now why dont you settle down and do the same?

Stop starting these meaningless threads about'our form' ...

Here it is: season 20/21

Played 6,won 2,drawn 2, lost 2

Move on..

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Another thinly disguised 'monk' bashing thread,using stats from last season(but this year) & inviting other like minded ****s to comment in the same echo chamber we have had to put up with over & over....

'We' ? dont give Monk & his management team jack **** do we? 'we'(the supporters) are not at the moment contributing anything in game receipts(never mind minus -12 ,its - 6 Million for Chansiri..in lost sales..) ifollow giving back a little bit,for those who buy it........

'Our' view,on here or elsewhere counts for little in the current environment,The Chairman has placed his faith in the manager,to do a job,and keep us in the division.Now why dont you settle down and do the same?

Stop starting these meaningless threads about'our form' ...

Here it is: season 20/21

Played 6,won 2,drawn 2, lost 2

Move on..

Not thinly disguised at all, 2 points from 9 at home so far so the form continues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we're averaging 1.44 points after the next three games, then we'll also be averaging 1.44 games having played Watford, Brentford, Bristol City, and Cardiff (who were in the playoffs last season, so I don't know why you're grouping them with the supposed weaker teams). 

If we lose twice to all of those teams this season, then we won't have 1.44 points per game after our next three games, will we? The OP is asking whether we should panic if we win one and draw two of our next three matches, so in that scenario we'd beat one rival and draw with two others.

And I still don't think we should panic, no.

I’m not grouping Watford , Brentford , Bristol City with weaker teams. Cardiff are a poor team this season. I’m pointing out that we need to average more points from a sample including the worst teams in the league in order to balance that out when we play a stronger sample group. 

No we won’t average 1.44 points for game after our next three games. That’s my point isn’t it ? 

Not a case of panic but valid concern. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I’m not grouping Watford , Brentford , Bristol City with weaker teams. Cardiff are a poor team this season. I’m pointing out that we need to average more points from a sample including the worst teams in the league in order to balance that out when we play a stronger sample group. 

No we won’t average 1.44 points for game after our next three games. That’s my point isn’t it ? 

Not a case of panic but valid concern. 

That didn't appear to be your point until now, no.

We were discussing a scenario in which we'd be averaging 1.44 points per game after our next three matches, and whether or not we should panic if we were, as the OP asked.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We were discussing a scenario in which we'd be averaging 1.44 points per game after our next three matches, and whether or not we should panic if we were, as the OP asked.

I think its time to panic 🙄

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Even if we were to average 1.44 points per game after our next three matches. This should be a concern as the sample includes 3 of the weakest teams in the division. Therefore the likelihood is when we have a more difficult run of games we will average less than 1.44 points per game. Thus dragging down the overall average below 1.44 points per game. That’s how arithmetic mean works. 

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Even if we were to average 1.44 points per game after our next three matches. This should be a concern as the sample includes 3 of the weakest teams in the division. Therefore the likelihood is when we have a more difficult run of games we will average less than 1.44 points per game. Thus dragging down the overall average below 1.44 points per game. That’s how arithmetic mean works. 

We've also played some of the stronger teams in the division. 

And it's not a given that we'll beat the weaker teams or lose to the stronger teams - that's how football works.

Ultimately, we're going around in circles here discussing whether or not we should panic about a hypothetical points haul.

:duntmatter:

I'd rather discuss the reality of the situation as it develops, to be honest. After today's result, we're struggling. If we're still struggling after the next couple of games, then we'll all be rightly concerned.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We've also played some of the stronger teams in the division. 

And it's not a given that we'll beat the weaker teams or lose to the stronger teams - that's how football works.

Ultimately, we're going around in circles here discussing whether or not we should panic about a hypothetical points haul.

:duntmatter:

I'd rather discuss the reality of the situation as it develops, to be honest. After today's result, we're struggling. If we're still struggling after the next couple of games, then we'll all be rightly concerned.

Fair enough buddy. To be fair, I was concerned the day we formally announced Monk as manager. You can’t polish a turd. You can roll it in glitter but ultimately it still stinks. Not meant as a personal attack against Monk, merely a metaphor. I have nothing against him as a bloke. I’m sure he does his best. Just don’t think he has the skill sets to be a success here.