Deja vu.

Headlines from last nights game,

Had chances.

Unlucky.

Better team for..... (insert minutes here)

Injuries - if so and so had played we'd have won that.

Questionable tactics / substitutions.

Give him time.

Lost to a good team.

All of the above applies to most home games recently. The form guide for 2020 home games reads;

P15

W1

D5

L9

When we have 5 points from the next 3 games do we start to panic or give the management team more time?

• Like 7

We currently have mid table form.  It comes a no shock.  Our last 3 seasons we have been mid table.  Our squad budget I suspect is about mid table.  Our manager has a great record of mid table form in the Championship and Premier League.

We will almost certainly finish mid table, minus 12 points.  If we go down, it isnt down to our mid table playing staff. It because of the 12 point deduction.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Easy. We give them more time.

5 points from the next 3 would be OK. That would give us 9 points out of a possible 18, which isn't that bad.

Lets have it right, we should be winning all 3 against Luton wycombe and Rotherham and I think we will get more than 5 points on the basis of what I’ve seen from the team so far this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Lets have it right, we should be winning all 3 against Luton wycombe and Rotherham and I think we will get more than 5 points on the basis of what I’ve seen from the team so far this season.

Why should we?

Maybe it’s this billy big swollecks attitude that causes so much of our problem. I hope the players arn’t as complacent as this comment. Every game in this league is a battle, no team has a Devine right to turn up and win. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yes because they wouldn't want to deprive you of your weekly chance to slag the club, players, manager and chairman. Have I missed anyone out?

I don't have time to come on here every week. I've never slagged the chairman off as I have no issues with him. I've never slagged the players off...well maybe Rhodes I'll concede that one 😄

As for our manager, Meh!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

We won't win all 3.

28 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I'm not sure "should" is appropriate. Luton and Rotherham will not be pushovers, and will want the points as much as we do.

However, like yourself I've seen enough to believe we "could" take 9 points. It's not entirely improbable. But 5 points is my benchmark. 6 or more and I'll be pleased.

• Like 1

If we get 5 points from the next 3 games, then we'll have 13 points from our opening 9 matches, which is 1.44 points per game. Over the course of a full season, that would see us gain 66 points, which should be more than enough to stay up, even once you deduct 12 points to leave us on 54.

Why would we panic about that?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we get 5 points from the next 3 games, then we'll have 13 points from our opening 9 matches, which is 1.44 points per game. Over the course of a full season, that would see us gain 66 points, which should be more than enough to stay up, even once you deduct 12 points to leave us on 54.

I agree with your statistics. 5 points from the next 3 is about where we are but that has the table showing us with 1 point from 9 games

In effect we then have to win every other game of the remaining 37.

I said at the start of the season Monk has 10 games to get positive or he should be gone, End of November needs to be out of bottom 3 or he should be gone.

Reason is simple we have 8 games in December and if the teams struggling a new manager bounce could get us well and truly out of the bottom 3.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mcmigo said:

We currently have mid table form.  It comes a no shock.  Our last 3 seasons we have been mid table.  Our squad budget I suspect is about mid table.  Our manager has a great record of mid table form in the Championship and Premier League.

We will almost certainly finish mid table, minus 12 points.  If we go down, it isnt down to our mid table playing staff. It because of the 12 point deduction.

Exactly.

Which is why we need a manager capable of getting better results than you would expect with players at his disposal.

Like Gray did here, or Colin did at Rotherham.

If Sheffield United had got the results you'd expect from their players, they'd never have got out of the Championship.

In fact, it's debatable if they'd have got out of the Third.

lol

• Like 1

What if we lose all three. Then I think it will be time to panic. Is a win and two draws acceptable? I would say absolute minimum we should accept. Anything less and the chairman has to have a long hard look at it. 

50 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Exactly.

Which is why we need a manager capable of getting better results than you would expect with players at his disposal.

Like Gray did here, or Colin did at Rotherham.

If Sheffield United had got the results you'd expect from their players, they'd never have got out of the Championship.

In fact, it's debatable if they'd have got out of the Third.

lol

Carlos season 3 - on course for mid table

Jos - mid table

Bruce - mid table

Monk - mid table.

Gray  - mid table

Apart from the two seasons we spent a fortune and got to the play offs, we have finished mid table under 4 different managers.  

57 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I agree with your statistics. 5 points from the next 3 is about where we are but that has the table showing us with 1 point from 9 games

In effect we then have to win every other game of the remaining 37.

At first I read that as meaning we'd need to win every game of the others which remain! I was wondering why we'd need 112 points to stay up!

:duntmatter:

Now that I'm back on planet Earth, yes - to achieve 1.4 points per game (which would keep us up in all but the most extreme Championship season) we need to be looking at something like 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw from every 5 games.

Obviously, results won't fall into such neat clusters as that, but it gives us a rough idea of where we need to be.

It's going to be a long, hard season. If we go unbeaten in our next three games and take a victory in at least one of them, I wouldn't think it would be time to panic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I said at the start of the season Monk has 10 games to get positive or he should be gone, End of November needs to be out of bottom 3 or he should be gone.

Reason is simple we have 8 games in December and if the teams struggling a new manager bounce could get us well and truly out of the bottom 3.

Unreal expectations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Stop Making sense.jpg