Sky backing noise

I wish they'd just play background noise (generic crowd).  Having songs and reactions to events doesn't add anything.

As for the commentary, I thought it was OK, yes they pointed out how good Brentford were, but that was because they were.  They regularly pointed out how well we were doing though and at times said how impressive we were doing to keep them quiet.

• Like 5

Just not bothered...

30 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Couldn't agree more, on top of the horribly Brentford biased commentators and pundits it was like they were rubbing our noses in it

How was they biased towards them? They kept saying in the second half how much pressure we were putting on, even though we did nothing with it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we played better we would have had the same bias from the commentators

I must admit they are usually gushing with their praise of Bannan but I was sick to the back teeth of their love of Toney and Henry.

6 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

How was they biased towards them? They kept saying in the second half how much pressure we were putting on, even though we did nothing with it.

All they did was constantly talk about Brentford - how amazing the 'BMW' was, how amazing the replacements were, how amazing their football was, how great their defence is. This was BEFORE the second goal too, then once Toney scored they were raving about how he was going to score a hat trick. The fact they were playing Weds was merely incidental it seemed. Seems now Fulham have gone up Brentford are the new West London media lovees.

As for the pundits they had a former Brentford player and Lee Johnson, not exactly representative was it? Can't imagine it's too hard to find an ex-Weds player or manager on CL evening...

2 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

All they did was constantly talk about Brentford - how amazing the 'BMW' was, how amazing the replacements were, how amazing their football was, how great their defence is. This was BEFORE the second goal too, then once Toney scored they were raving about how he was going to score a hat trick. The fact they were playing Weds was merely incidental it seemed. Seems now Fulham have gone up Brentford are the new West London media lovees.

As for the pundits they had a former Brentford player and Lee Johnson, not exactly representative was it? Can't imagine it's too hard to find an ex-Weds player or manager on CL evening...

Both Sam Saunders and Lee Johnson had positive things to say about us as did the commentary team. Fact is Brentford were the better team and Toney was MOM so their going to heap praise on them.

• Like 1

I couldn't find another channel that had muted the fake crowd noise , only option I had was John Pearson and his mate and for me listening to Pearson is worse than our fans singing about Fletcher all game .

Toney will be worth more than our entire squad will be in 12 months' time

That Sky were raving about him should come as no surprise to anybody. If we had a player that was that head-and-shoulders above Brentford's defence, they would have been raving about our guy just as much.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Both Sam Saunders and Lee Johnson had positive things to say about us as did the commentary team. Fact is Brentford were the better team and Toney was MOM so their going to heap praise on them.

Yes, agreed - whilst quite rightly praising Brentford’s performance, they were both clearly fairly positive about us and our battling qualities. Both were also reasonably positive about our chances of clawing back the 12 point deduction and staying up.

56 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I only heard the punditry at half time so I don't have any specific gripes about what was actually said, however I note that the lack of a Weds related representative set the tone for the evening. I just thought they way the commentators fawned all over Brentford was a bit OTT and that was a constant from start to finish.

Yes I know Brentford are a better team than us given they finished considerably higher than us last season (and had the misery of being there when they tonked us 5-0 at their place), and yes I know they played better than us last night. What I don't need is constantly being told that for 90 mins, I can see that with my own eyes. They must've gone through the back story of every Brentford player, don't think it was the equivalent for us and all I would've liked was a bit of balance.

Maybe if they'd got Andy Hinchcliffe doing the co-commentary it wouldn't have been such a Brentford love in!