Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For the last few games we kick off and the ball goes back to Bannan and he just hoofs it out for a throw in. What’s the point of that? Really winds me up just giving away possession so easily. Why don’t we try something different, maybe like passing the ball to one of our 3 midfielders? 
 

I just think this starts us on a negative footing for the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have always done it under Monk, I agree its ridiculous, I've said this before that it just sums up how he wants to play the game. It's all about the percentages for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Dean Saunders when at Liverpool, used to run directly at the opponents from kick off. Invariably he lost the ball but it showed immediate attacking intent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fitz44 said:

I remember Dean Saunders when at Liverpool, used to run directly at the opponents from kick off. Invariably he lost the ball but it showed immediate attacking intent.

I used to love what Megson did, got JJ or someone with a bit of pace to run at the defence and try and win a free kick. Immediately we had the chance to put a ball in their box. Monk just wants the ball away from our goal. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Drives me fuccking mad 

 

And I don’t think it’s ever resulted in us retaining possession 

 

Just sheer stupidity we continue to do it over and over again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 

 

lol

 

Exactly the same thing

Bannan just wanged it out for a throw

Did they have a throw in before they almost scored after 20 seconds,I wasn't watching at that point?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrew_Owl said:

Did they have a throw in before they almost scored after 20 seconds,I wasn't watching at that point?

 


Good question - can't rermember!

 

All I can remember is the trauma of watching Dawson come waddling out at a snails pace when he could have very easily just run out and booted the ball away


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2020 at 11:57, whatdial said:

For the last few games we kick off and the ball goes back to Bannan and he just hoofs it out for a throw in. What’s the point of that? Really winds me up just giving away possession so easily. Why don’t we try something different, maybe like passing the ball to one of our 3 midfielders? 
 

I just think this starts us on a negative footing for the game. 

I’ve noticed that, and it’s not for the last few games... it’s happened in every game this season. It’s knocked back to Bannan and he punts it out to the right... always the right.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...