Kick off

For the last few games we kick off and the ball goes back to Bannan and he just hoofs it out for a throw in. What’s the point of that? Really winds me up just giving away possession so easily. Why don’t we try something different, maybe like passing the ball to one of our 3 midfielders? 

I just think this starts us on a negative footing for the game. 

8 hours ago, fitz44 said:

I remember Dean Saunders when at Liverpool, used to run directly at the opponents from kick off. Invariably he lost the ball but it showed immediate attacking intent.

I used to love what Megson did, got JJ or someone with a bit of pace to run at the defence and try and win a free kick. Immediately we had the chance to put a ball in their box. Monk just wants the ball away from our goal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Andrew_Owl said:

Did they have a throw in before they almost scored after 20 seconds,I wasn't watching at that point?

Good question - can't rermember!

All I can remember is the trauma of watching Dawson come waddling out at a snails pace when he could have very easily just run out and booted the ball away

Owlstalk Shop

On 22/10/2020 at 11:57, whatdial said:

For the last few games we kick off and the ball goes back to Bannan and he just hoofs it out for a throw in. What’s the point of that? Really winds me up just giving away possession so easily. Why don’t we try something different, maybe like passing the ball to one of our 3 midfielders? 

I just think this starts us on a negative footing for the game. 

I’ve noticed that, and it’s not for the last few games... it’s happened in every game this season. It’s knocked back to Bannan and he punts it out to the right... always the right.